Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Posts: 19
Post Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
I've read lots of good things and am considering traveling to Athens. Any help appreciated.


Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 pm
Posts: 462
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
Very mixed reviews. More negative I'd say. Avoid unless you happen to live close by, have exhausted all other options and have money to experiment with


Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
WS1234 wrote:
Very mixed reviews. More negative I'd say. Avoid unless you happen to live close by, have exhausted all other options and have money to experiment with


Thank you for your response. It just feels like I'm (like a lot of others I'm sure) at my wits end. What an awful thing to have.
Best of health to all.


Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 819
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
RPS, always important to remember there are no magic cures for this condition. Only people who can magically make money disappear from your wallet. There are many treatment options however. Best of luck in your search.


Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 2:59 pm
Posts: 663
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
I agree with WS1234. Most treatments unfortunately are unlikely to work, so I have decided to avoid the more expensive and potentially damaging ones like surgery or travelling to China to have some potentially crazy doctor come at me with his needles. I also regret spending so much money on acupuncture, which is pretty useless for prostatitis in my opinion.

The Greek guy doesn't sound that bad, I think he does massage and antibiotics. If it is a bacteria then it may work.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:58 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
chris85 wrote:
I agree with WS1234. Most treatments unfortunately are unlikely to work, so I have decided to avoid the more expensive and potentially damaging ones like surgery or travelling to China to have some potentially crazy doctor come at me with his needles. I also regret spending so much money on acupuncture, which is pretty useless for prostatitis in my opinion.

The Greek guy doesn't sound that bad, I think he does massage and antibiotics. If it is a bacteria then it may work.


I agree about acupuncture. I have been helped with other issues using acupuncture but not this. Believe it or not, I have several friends in Athens and they are going to speak with the Dr. and give me their impressions. Probably a no go but at this point who knows?


Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:55 am
Profile

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 am
Posts: 48
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
georgiadis is bacterial prostatitis doc.he does a protocol of heavy prostate massage to clear the prostate.he givesa very thorough massage and his lab work and tests are done before any drugs are taken,its a semen and proste fluid culture taking a week so it is done in a lab with a good reputation and thorough search.so you have a good idea of the pathogens involved.an anti biogramms done to see what is effective against the pathogens you have,its all very logical.many people go for short periods and then stop then go back,this in my opinion is not the best way to approach it.stay for a decent time period.he treats using the abx that are sensitive.at the same time he continues the massage to clear the prostate and expel debris, pathogens etc.this allows the abx more penetration and breaks down the acini etc.also makes the prostate smaller.all these things appear to be positive,a rectal ultrasounds done too to pinpoint inflammaton and infection,hes very experienced.he does IV treatment as well .its seems to be a better protocol tham other urologists.he also thinks that after successful treatment the diet needs to be followed and the prostate cared for as its very open to new infections following the treatments.makes sense as its been cleansed and had abx.he cleared a friends several bacteria 4 in all[urea plasma,enterobacter,mycoplasma hom,staph epidermis] and hes still continuing treatment for a 5th the last bacteria.thats what i know,


Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
jonjon wrote:
georgiadis is bacterial prostatitis doc.he does a protocol of heavy prostate massage to clear the prostate.he givesa very thorough massage and his lab work and tests are done before any drugs are taken,its a semen and proste fluid culture taking a week so it is done in a lab with a good reputation and thorough search.so you have a good idea of the pathogens involved.an anti biogramms done to see what is effective against the pathogens you have,its all very logical.many people go for short periods and then stop then go back,this in my opinion is not the best way to approach it.stay for a decent time period.he treats using the abx that are sensitive.at the same time he continues the massage to clear the prostate and expel debris, pathogens etc.this allows the abx more penetration and breaks down the acini etc.also makes the prostate smaller.all these things appear to be positive,a rectal ultrasounds done too to pinpoint inflammaton and infection,hes very experienced.he does IV treatment as well .its seems to be a better protocol tham other urologists.he also thinks that after successful treatment the diet needs to be followed and the prostate cared for as its very open to new infections following the treatments.makes sense as its been cleansed and had abx.he cleared a friends several bacteria 4 in all[urea plasma,enterobacter,mycoplasma hom,staph epidermis] and hes still continuing treatment for a 5th the last bacteria.thats what i know,


Thank you for your response.


Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
RSP123

Before going to Athens for the most harsh vacation of your life (physically and financially) you'd better consult the guys who created the Greek prostatitis forum (chronic-prostatitis.com) and are former patients of Dr. Georgiadis... ;)


Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 am
Posts: 48
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
there are some people who have not had success with georgiadis,thats a shame its a tough regimen,diet etc thats for sure,its not cheap true enough.he does clear a lot of patients it takes time.i would like to know where the people who criticise have had their success.with what method too??i have heard of other docs in europe,italy is one that have no success and poor reputation.NHS harley street are a bad joke.ive heard phage therapy is a possible route too,so please send me your experiences of where and how to clear this thing ,its what we are all interested in.pelvic floor exercises ,acupuncture and so on is something that will not seriously cure u if you have bacterial prostatitis.bacteria is the problem in bacterial prostatitis,got kill em all


Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:14 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
jonjon

People with "chronic prostatitis" fight against existing or hypothetical bacteria because "it makes sense". What makes sense though, is not necessarily the truth. Nothing can prove that a chronic hardship is connected with "bacterias not killed by the antibiotics". Had Georgiadis been able to prove it (and cure it) he would be awarded with a Nobel prize.

After 6 months of feeding with 2-3 antibiotics daily, your prostate will be clean but the pain may persist or return after a while. And then the doctor will tell you that you need more treatment; the antibiogramm may be perfect but "some bacteria may not show", even after that whole chemical warfare. That won't make a sense 100%, but it will make some sense, simply because the doctor will still wear a white uniform, or because something in the end, must make some sense. Do you see my point?

People everywhere just try to make a path for themselves. Some do diets (there are plenty of books to read), some try the Wise-Anderson protocol, some have found some relief in acupuncture, homeopathy, TCM, supplements, pelvis massage, psychotherapy. There is no universal cure.


Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 am
Profile

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 am
Posts: 48
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
i have seen georgiadis has success with some patients and not with others,a lot of abx used too but enough of athens,i have not seen any cures involving other methods that have not used abx against bacterial prostatitis.theres the manila protocol,that has mixed results some cures but documentation is bad,philippines is not a place where id trust a great deal of what they say unfortunately it needs to be scientifically proven.georgiadis helped my friend greatly but other patients did not do so well.i have seen little of these other pathways that shows promise as i think u r saying its a psychological crutch in many ways if i understand u correctly.pelvic floor exercises address non bacterial prostatitis as its adherents explained it on literature i read.phage therapy seems a strong possibility with chronic bacterial prostatitis,georgia and wroclaw have strong results and against other pathogens in diseases that have strong resistance.this does work.i have a strong interest in this field and find that medicine has somewhat neglected it.resistance is becoming a modern stumbling block of epic proportions not only in urology but across the board.phage can cross the sheath and enter a low vascularity area easily.whether this becomes a ready cure we will surely find out in the next 5 yrs.i can see people want a cure not succour.some have some havent,its a troubling disease to say the least.i felt very sorry for my friend and his suffering and was glad he had noticeable relief.i havent seen bacterial prostatitis sufferers get much joy with the other methods,of course diets important as many foods are inflammatory and other anti.this is well known and an important part of combating its rampages.you can keep it in check somewhat with diet.


Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
jonjon

"Chronic prostatitis" is a label, an umbrella for symptoms. It starts as an infection, but for some reasons, it persists even after the initial cause is "cured". The reason is why.

There are numerous medical studies which disconnect "chronic prostatitis" from the bacterial theory. Uropathogenic bacteria can be found even in asymptomatic people - why don't they suffer from pain, enlarged prostate, dysfunctions of every kind? I say because their nervous system allows plenty of space for the prostate to "breath" and also allows them to pee properly. This may be the reason why some kind of pelvic or prostate massage can feel initially relieving.


Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:26 am
Profile

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 am
Posts: 48
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
it appears theres many types of problems as u say under an umbrella,that i dont know about ,what ive seen are symptomatic patients with bacterial infections that are difficult to clear.thats seems fairly simple to me,i havent come across asymptomatics with bacteria,i guess it depends how you wish to quantify it,i feel that if a patient has no symptoms or problems but bacteria the bacteria is probably part of natural flora.it would depend on the level of infection i guess.

abx in heavy doses weakens the gut and allows the gut flora to enter the urogenital area and cause infections.that seems to be like a cycle going round and round.perhaps phage can deal with that,IE gut damage from abx ,destroyed gut flora,immunity issues and so on.i also see some very bad testing where patients have bacterial problems that cant be picked up with proper testing as the medical apparatus is so poor,i dont think urine analysis is gonna show much if the problem is bacteria in the prostate for example.

it appears that men that have the problem some time have a more deep seated problem and abx treatment can lead to a long term illness in some cases.it is a frustrating and vexing conundrum.my friend has now got to the point where his conditions much improved he feels he is close to cure.i hope so ,i do feel he and many others have been let down by modern medicine and urology.

in many cases i feel the correct treatment early in the infection can solve and cure but its sadly lacking.as cases complicate me open a maze and people are lost within it.it has psychological aspects and effects relationships too ,close personal ones and also reactions with the world at large from the patients perspective.some aspects of long term terminal disease are present.suicide rates are high,mental problems and frustrations overcome many people.lets hope this will change.i feel as medicines let down so many we see patients grasping at straws,bouncing from one 'offer' to the next which is understandable.its a scammers eden


Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Has anyone had treatment from Dr GEORGIADIS A. PAVLOS
jonjon wrote:
it appears theres many types of problems as u say under an umbrella,that i dont know about ,what ive seen are symptomatic patients with bacterial infections that are difficult to clear.thats seems fairly simple to me,i havent come across asymptomatics with bacteria


jonjon wrote:
I also see some very bad testing where patients have bacterial problems that cant be picked up with proper testing as the medical apparatus is so poor,i dont think urine analysis is gonna show much if the problem is bacteria in the prostate for example.


You can be sure though when you make a biopsy. Go to the Wikipedia page for "Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic syndrome" and read the paragraph "Bacterial infection" and its references below.

Also, "Mechanisms in prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain" by M.Pontari and M.Ruggieri.

In the old days, doctors were sure that they could treat inflammation with bleeding. That had lead to more deaths than cures but they had no other therapy at hand...


Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.