Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A Comprehensive Guide to Effectively Treating Prostatitis 

Post A Comprehensive Guide to Effectively Treating Prostatitis
Hello. I have been successfully treating my chronic “nonbacterial” prostatitis (CP) over the past several months, and wanted to share my practices with every other male who suffers from this debilitating disease. I will do my best to be punctual, but there is a LOT to talk about. Therefore, this is a long blog...

MY STORY:

In April 2017, I was diagnosed with CP, although my symptoms began much earlier, unbeknownst to me at the time. My work and practices was 95% sedentary as a professor and pianist. I sat down A LOT throughout my life. Sometime around early 2016, I began to notice tingling alongside my lower left hip. After a few months of ignoring it, it got worse – to the point where I began hitting the area, which in turn eased the inflammation. I didn’t really take much time into thinking where or how it originated. Eventually, around late 2016, I started noticing dull pain in my right testicle that would appear for a few seconds then go away. Again, I didn’t think much of it, until in April 2017 the dull pain reappeared and persisted. The pain evolved to random bouts of sharp pain that felt like someone was flicking my balls. I knew something was wrong, so I went to an urgent care, and they diagnosed me with epididymitis and prescribed me Doxycycline. The next day, the pain skyrocketed from moderate to excruciating. It felt like nerves in the testicles were being cut off. I went to a urologist and they diagnosed me with prostatitis and prescribed the usual 4 weeks of Ciprofloxacin and Meloxicam for inflammation. The inflammation finally eased after a week, but the abdominal pain, perineum pain, lower back pain, pelvic pain, and that subtle yet deep bulging pain emitted by the prostate (often described as sitting on a golf ball) never dissipated. Upon nearly completing my fourth week on Cipro I felt very nauseous, so I threw the rest out. I continued taking the Meloxicam for several more weeks until I decided to gradually phase it out. As I realized pharmaceutical prescriptions weren't going to work for me, I began to seek alternative treatments.

I still have a lot of wonders about how and why this happened to me. Was it prostatitis the entire time or did it begin as epididymitis and "travel" to the prostate? What caused it? I sat down a lot, but I also have had a history of a weak immune system, a diminishing sexual appetite (due to a long distance relationship), a mediocre diet, ingesting a lot of wheat (gluten and lactose are notorious proinflammatory substances)? Did it begin as a microbial infection? IS prostatitis a microbial infection? This latter question is still researched a lot. Some doctors think it’s fungal, while others think it could be an autoimmune disorder, while others think it’s a circulatory, nervous, or muscular disorder. And HERE lies the problem. The limits of our understanding of this disease under the guise of modern Western medicine have reached their thresholds. The truth of the matter is CP is likely most of these things!

My Epiphany

I made a lot of discoveries about my body (primarily due to my exposure to Eastern medicine concepts and techniques) and its overall functional health that Western medicine often fails to address. Here are a few of my discoveries:

1. Everything is related: In western medicine, everything is itemized and isolated. If you have a pain in your foot, it must mean something is wrong with the foot. If you have heartburn, you’re given antacids. But what is missing from this is the subtle yet exquisitely profound connections that every part of your body has with the other. Many treatments and therapies work via isolation, and many great cures and treatments have come from Western medicinal practices. However, some diseases simply do not work this way. To make my point bluntly, CP is not merely inflammation in the prostate. It’s not simply one issue, but rather may be a symptom of many larger health issues:

• CP may be an autoimmune issue as neutrophils are released into the blood stream in response to “foreign invaders” in the prostate.
• CP may be a skeletal issue, as the neutrophils that release the chemicals of inflammation are made in your bone marrow.
• CP may be a neurological issue, as the nerve receptors receive the proinflammatory message from the immune system.
• CP may be a cerebral issue, as your immune system communicates with the brain.
• CP may be a circulation issue, as there is not enough blood flow that moves around the prostate (especially common for those who sit a lot)
• CP may be a muscular issue, as the muscle tissue associated with the pelvic floor do not function properly, likely due to poor circulation (this is very common with a majority of CP victims).
• CP may be a lymphatic issue, as the prostate is notorious for its inability to properly drain itself (more on this later), perhaps causing an autoimmune response due to some unrecognized microbial activity, even if that activity is not necessarily harmful toward your body.
• CP may be a digestive issue, as what you eat and the environment you produce in your body from your diet will determine the degree of inflammation you suffer with.
• CP may be a reproductive issue, simply being that the prostate is a reproductive organ. The inflammation blocks testosterone, which in turn lowers sexual desire, which in turn lowers chances of adequate prostate drainage (although not even ejaculation fully drains the prostate, more on this later).

2. It gets personal: in Western medicine, 10 individuals with the same symptoms are classified, roughly, as having the same problem and are given the same treatments. In other words, it’s objective. In Eastern medicine, the opposite is true. Your treatments are completely based on your own personal body type and function. This is why it is so difficult to provide strong cases for Eastern medicine. Most common studies involve pools of individuals, whereas in Eastern medicine, it is case by case.

3. Much of the treatment is based on your own lifestyle choices: this is perhaps the most blatant difference between Eastern and Western medicine is that you play a large role in your own treatment. If you have a bad case of [insert painful issue here], your doctor slaps you a strong dose of [insert painkiller/NSAID combo here] and you go on your merry way without changing a thing in your lifestyle and dietary choices. This is a fateful mistake, yet it is how the VAST majority of Americans view what they believe is how things are supposed to work with medicine. Even for those Americans who are more health conscious, they often succumb to the cultural dietary fads of the year – Keto, Weight-watchers, Lo-cal, Low-fat, Low-carb, vegetarianism, and others – although they have relatively little to do with your overall health as much as losing weight, which is often although not always the same thing becoming healthier. We as a society have grown to believe that nutrition and medicine are different things entirely, and this belief couldn’t be further from the truth. It has resulted in an enormous nutritive and medical gap in knowledge among the general public.

WHAT’S IN A NAME?

1. Chronic simply refers to a medical period of time over 6 weeks.
2. Nonbacterial: ugh… this is a professional way of saying that doctors have absolutely NO CLUE what causes this problem, aside from best educated guess. Despite this may sound a little dismal, it’s also quite liberating. You will no longer be disappointed when 6 months passes by after following your doctor’s orders with prescriptions of Bactrim and alpha-blockers and wonder why the pain hasn’t subsided. Trust me, unless you are the <1% of men who get bacterial prostatitis, it won’t be going away anytime soon on any antibiotic regimen.
3. CP or CPPS? Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome is often associated with CP. I have personally felt referred pain all the way up to my chest and neck. This is because the inflammation from the prostate reaches out astonishingly far throughout the body (we’ll talk about why later), and men with CP often experience lower back and abdominal pain, as well as pelvic floor and side-hip pains.

THE TREATMENT:

***The best treatment for prostatitis is a comprehensive “rebuilding” of all your bodily systems that encompasses various medicinal and physical treatments, as well as a rethinking of the immune system in terms of efficiency vs overactive*** Assuming we think of prostatitis as a symptom of many bodily issues, we must then take a broad spectrum approach by viewing this not simply as a prostate issue, but whole-body issue. Our immune systems work closely with our nervous systems regarding our sensations of pain. I have discovered that an overactive immune system, whether it results from food or seasonal allergies, illnesses, or other threatening and/or nonthreatening responses of which could otherwise be avoided are of no help for CP victims or any victim of a potentially immune-related disorder.

Below is a list of every single thing I have tried in my path toward effectively treating my prostatitis. Alongside it I have rated it from 1-10 in terms of effectiveness, with brief details of each procedure:

Ciprofloxacin and Meloxicam therapy (3): Eased the severe inflammation, but did not fix the issue. Abdominal, perineum, lower back, testicular, and penile pain were still noticeably present. Likely (although not definitely) removed the chances that condition was bacterial.
Sitz Bath/Thermotherapy (4): Cleanses the perineum and promotes circulation, but only if additional ingredients are used aside from water, such as Epson sat or pro-circulatory lotions and essential oils like Frankincense. Water is often not hot enough for long enough (due to less amount of it per square inch, loses heat more quickly). This also must be done several times a day for maximum effect, despite the temporary relief. For all these reasons, I give it a lower score.
To me, you can do the same thing (if not better) with a hot bath or shower (pro-circulatory) and good soap (such as African black soap or soap made of essential oils). I would also place oatmeal baths and essential oil baths in this category, as these would also provide very similar relief. All of these are types of thermo-therapeutic treatments. In any case, do not immerse over 70% of your body in hot water (>104) for more than 20 minutes, otherwise it could trigger a small immune reaction (you are tricking your body into thinking it has a fever).
Loose Boxers vs briefs (3): loose boxers obviously doesn’t actually cure the issue by any means (hence the low score), but it feels much better and actually avoids flare-ups, especially when sitting. Highly recommend! Also, careful with tight blue jeans.
Angled sitting (4): Placing angled objects on the chair to curve your sitting posture. Activates back muscles and help support their function, which may help with lower back pain. It’s also better for you to sit this way.
Kneeling stools (4): like angled sitting, this is also very good for back muscles; however, you should not exceed sitting on these more than 30-45 minutes at a time, depending on your weight.
Avoiding prolonged sitting (7): similar to loose boxers, this doesn’t actually fix the problem in and of itself, but it is so important to uphold if you want to help with your blood circulation and avoid flare-ups. Buy yourself some stand-supporting shoes or heels, or a memory-based support underneath you to keep your feet from getting sore over time.
**My best suggestion for those of you like me who have a sedentary job is to switch between angled sitting, standing, and a kneeling stool every hour**
Avoiding holding in bowel movements (5): No surprises here, you shouldn’t do this anyway.
Saw Palmetto (5): this may help reduce overnight urges to pee. I did notice a difference in my urinary urges. Not meant to be taken indefinitely.
Pumpkin Seed [oil] and Pygeum extract (4): may help promote prostate health and function.
Quercetin (5): may help ease prostate inflammation. Very good for immune system. Same bioflavanoid as many leafy/cruciferous veggies, onions, cranberries, dill, capers, and others.
Prescribed Eastern Medicine (4): I got mine from Sam Sam Acupuncture in Flushing, NY. May help to reduce inflammation. After doing this for 3 months, I did notice some differences, but nothing extraordinary; BUT, again. If you read anything above, then you’d be able to predict my next statement – the medicine did not exclusively focus on the prostate. It also was made just for me to strengthen my liver and other organs in my body to promote overall bodily strengthening and self healing. Expensive ($500 per month), hence the lower score.
Just in case you were wondering, this was NOT the Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill.
Acupuncture (5): I did about 7 acupuncture appointments with the abovementioned doctor. I actually did feel better, but the effects were short-term. He says it takes ~20 appointments for the effects to gradually become more long-term, and I honestly believe it; however, I was not in-town long enough to commit to these treatments.
Chiropractic therapy (4): felt good after every session, but didn’t quite solve my problems. Was able to cancel out any skeletal issues with my back, hips, and spine. Only a mild lumbar subluxation. Doesn’t hurt to make sure.
Massage therapy (5-6): also felt great after every session, and allowed me to be more aware of my muscles and how they are related, such as the iliopsoas and their connection to the pelvic floor muscles (more on this in the next point). Also helped with back pain.
Foam Rolling and other myofascial releases (8): I HIGHLY recommend this. Not just because it promotes circulation to your reproductive glands, but because it also promotes good muscular activity. Foam rolling is a type of myofascial release. If you aren’t familiar with what fascia are, do some research on it! I foam roll 5 days a week on all of my legs, hip, and lower back muscles. I’ve also noticed I often feel worse the day I DON’T foam roll. I also use softball to foam roll my pectineus muscles and iliopsoas muscles (more advanced, you need a higher pain threshold for this).
The latter two muscles are of worthy of note, as both connect directly to the pelvic floor region. The abdominal pain (as well as much of the hip pain) often associated with prostatitis is actually referred pain stemming from the perineum (be extra attentive the next time this happens and see if you can locate the source, you’ll find that it may originate from your pelvic floor),. Well guess what… the iliopsoas muscle is the link to the abdomen region from the pelvic region! Nearly all of my referred pain – abdominal, side hip, and back – have gone down 95-99% ever since practicing these myofascial releases!
It may also be worth trying some myofascial releases around the perineum. Muscular tension in the perineum is one of the biggest problems and most noticeable symptoms for CP victims (that subtle discomfort often felt between the scrotum and anus), and blood flow is key to maintaining this. I have had much improvement foam rolling this area (very softly) with a softball, as well as massaging it once in a while when it was “itching.”
Low or Medium impact Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise (8): No highway option. Regular exercise promotes healthy circulation, muscular function, respiratory health, and a host of other benefits, including sexual health. Exercise causes your testosterone to skyrocket, which temporarily numbs the inflammation and… well… may motivate you to have some “you” time later (more on sex below). Careful though; the higher impact your exercises are, the more likely you can cause inflammation in other ways, such as your joints. Remember, we are choosing to believe that everything is connected in some way, and that the best cure to this disease is a comprehensive strengthening but not overworking over our bodies. Be sure to use good posture during your work outs, breath deeply, drink lots of water, and don’t over-exert.
Stretching (6): Great for muscle tension and blood flow, especially around the legs, abdominal, back, and pelvic region.
Rectal suppositories with Essential Oils (at first 7, later 5.5): long story short, I bought myself a suppository tray, filled up each hole within the tray with 45-50 drops of extra virgin coconut oil and 4-5 drops of various EO blends ranging from Frankincense, Helichrysum, German Chamomile, Myrrh, or Copaiba. I placed the diluted tray in the freezer, removed a frozen “pill” each night, and stuck it up my behind before going to bed. I thought it was pretty crazy too, until I woke up the next morning with considerable relief, lasting from a few hours to a few days. Also great for easing bloating, constipation, and hemorrhoids. NOTE: After a few months, the effect wore off some.
This particular assortment of essential oils have a pro-circulation, anti-inflammatory, and/or cell-regenerative properties. I recommend trying this, but do yourself a favor and do the research first. There are different safe dilution ratios for every single oil. DO NOT overdose. One drop of any essential oil is extraordinarily potent. AVOID the “hot” essential oils such as oregano oil. I used Eden’s Garden EO’s.
***DO NOT use EO’s if taking blood thinners***
Other notes: Skip 1 night after 3-4 nights of insertion, depending on how quickly your symptoms alleviate. If symptoms go away completely for over a week, discontinue use (until pain begins to reappear). Discontinue if pain worsens.
Penile cream with essential oils (6): I make my own lotions for my wife who has eczema, but I also use them for my own member. I lubricate it every morning with a blend of Shea and cocoa butter, coconut and argan oil, and a blend of EO’s (includes all the ones I recommended above), and as a result, I’ve had less pain overall in that area, and the pain at my tip (a common symptom of CP) is completely gone. I recommend dilution ratio of EO’s be <1.5% for that area.
Applying essential oils to perineum (4): Effect was noticeable at reducing inflammation but wasn’t potent enough for me. I used Copaiba and Blue Chamomile EO’s. Both of these work better for joints.
Caprylic Acid (4): a relatively strong antifungal. Also good for candida. May cancel out the possibility of fungal infection in the prostate.
Short-term Sunbathing (6): this may surprise some, but I have lately found significant temporary relief from sun exposure 10-15 minutes 2-4 times a week. I’ll lie out in the sun with 70% of my body exposed during midday in sunny South Florida. I’ll also give my perineum a short massage while bathing. The relief is almost immediate, and it last for hours! Why? Personally I think it is several things (warmer body means better circulation), but more than anything I think it’s the Vitamin D conversion. Vitamin D is one of the most underestimated vitamins out there, and most individuals do not get enough of it daily. Yes, if you work a lot in the sun, it would be smart to use sunscreen. However, being that prostatitis is largely caused from sedentary lifestyles, my hunch is most of you reading this do not get enough sun. Also, Vitamin D has been shown to be linked to prostate health. Why midday? Between 10-3 is when the UVB rays are present, which are necessary for proper Vitamin D conversion. If your shadow is the same size as you or larger, chances are there are insufficient UVB rays for good Vit-D conversion. If you live too far north, use D3 supplements frequently.
Lemon Bioflavonoids (3): this bioflavonoid is promotes good capillary flow, which are plentiful down in the pubic area. Remember, it’s about a complete rebuilding.
Swedish and Graminex pollen (6-7): A very potent antifungal. Also has greatly improved my allergies, which I find very important in the bodily healing process. Less allergic reactions mean less histamine from the immune system (more efficiency) and is less likely to trigger other pro-inflammatory compounds or reactions as a result of the allergies. Yes, it has happened to me multiple times.
Q-Urol (?) – a potent antifungal and suggested among several prostatitis forums, although I have yet to try it.
Bone Marrow & Supplements (5): Great for joint pain. Also, your bone marrow is responsible for producing healthy blood cells for your circulatory and immune systems, so it doesn’t hurt.
Prostate Massagers (8.5, 7.5 over time): OK gents. Leave your ego at the doorstep, and buy yourself an Aneros sex toy (I recommend the Helix Syn), and stick this up the behind with a generous serving of KY 3x a week. This has been one of the most effective treatments for CP I have yet to find. The contractions of your anal muscles do all the work for you. Be sure you already had your bowel movement(s) prior to this, which is why I recommend applying before going to bed.
How do I know it works? Upon beginning this procedure every other day (needs one day of rest), I noticed the symptoms decreased in severity until they were nearly unnoticeable. A few weeks ago, I had a business trip, so I skipped 6 days. The pain was back upon my flight home as if I never did the massages. I resumed when I returned, and the pain was significantly less a week later. It’s not perfect, and it takes getting used to, and you CANNOT skip days… but it’s worth it. It’s not a fluke. There are other forums of men who claim prostate massages work. Finally, IMO it is the most effective way of draining your prostate, more than ejaculation.
***DO NOT PRACTICE PROSTATE DRAINAGE IF YOU HAVE BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS***
Stress management (9): I find this ironic considering the stress of this disease just in and of itself. Regardless, you must learn to ease and control your stress levels. I find yoga, meditating, and breathing techniques incredibly helpful for this. Do something that calms you, find a hobby (that doesn’t involve sitting). Exercising is also great for stress. Consider consuming stress-relieving compounds like CBD oil or Kava.
SEX!!! (7) – This can provide considerable temporary relief once your symptoms are already at bay . It activates circulation (duh), drains your prostatic fluid (somewhat), and also positively influences your mood (stress relief!!!)
Initially, this may not sound like a good idea. Your doctor may had even suggested against it (and if you are in moderate-severe pain you should avoid it until the pain subsides over time)! Post-ejaculatory pain is a common side effect for CP victims. But think about it. The prostatic fluid inside your prostate might be the culprit causing the inflammation, and it’s not getting drained, which means whatever microbes are living in that fluid may colonize and spread! I believe part of the reason I got this disease was because I was NOT emptying my prostatic fluids enough (through "me" time and prostate drainage)! Conversely, not having sexual intercourse the smart way could also unnecessarily tighten the pelvic floor and surrounding muscles, which is why stretching, exercising, and myofascial releases are so important to maintain. I also strongly recommend researching “reduced ejaculation frequency.”
When you are finally ready to start having sexual intercourse or whatever it is you do for your “you” time, be sure to not to overdo it. Give yourself 3-4 days of rest and see how you do, and hopefully that will eventually turn to 1-2 days. The fact is sex is good for you, even – especially – if you have this condition.
***DO NOT HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IF YOU HAVE BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS***
Sleep (9): Duh... Sleeping between the hours of 11 PM-2 AM is optimal for cellular regeneration. So get to bed early fellas! Use CBD oil, melatonin, or chamomile tea for sleep aid. Preferably 7.5 hours.

Dietary choices (8): This is really important, so it deserves some explanation. Long story short... we Americans are some of the unhealthiest SOB’s out there. However, we have taken this title deservingly and uncontested. Our portions are huge, we skip meals, we eat too close to bedtime, voraciously and unashamedly packing sugar, sodium, and grease into our tummies, along with tons of refined crap that just makes things worse.
I bring this up for one reason. The key to understanding your bodies and how you can help treat your CP is NOT to differentiate between what you eat and what about your body you want to fix. They may very well be one in the same thing! You need to consume a pro-alkaline diet that supports a well-balanced cellular and systematic environment within your body. Perhaps the most essential component to your digestive system is how closely related it is to your immune, nervous, and circulatory systems.

Some tips:

• Don't skip meals: eat at least 3 meals a day. 5-6 smaller meals is best. Also, don't eat at least an hour before sleep (make that 2 hours for meat-centered meals).

• Muscle-derived land animal protein needs to be limited in favor of low-mercury fatty fish (salmon), eggs (yolks included), as well as organ, tendon, or bone-derived animal protein (do som research about the Inuit diet and the importance of omega-3 fatty acids). Plant protein consumption should be equal or greater than animal protein consumption.

• Limit dairy intake: dairy’s primary protein, casein, has been linked to several prostate issues. Milk's protein (as does all animal protein) also promotes an acidic environment if over-consumed. Lactose, for most, is a proinflammatory. Why? Because 70% of the entire world is lactose-intolerant. Why? Because after a certain age we lose the ability to break down lactose since, naturally, we no longer rely on our mother’s milk for proper nutrition after we’re babies. Now some folks have exceptionally strong stomachs, and we have also become somewhat numb to its effects due to the high concentrations of dairy products we consume. But do not consume dairy if you have ANY history of lactose intolerance! Because anything you may be allergic to or having so much as a mild intolerance to causes an immune response. Do you honestly think eating things that used to or continue to cause an overactive immune system are going to help with your CP?
If you must stick with dairy, homemade Kefir is the best, and actually substantially healthy, option. almost 100% naturally lactose free and filled with trillions of active probiotics. Numerous sufferers of various diseases swear by it! Generically, this applies to ALL probiotic-rich foods, but when it comes to sheer quantity, homemade kefir is undefeated! Plus, you only need 4-6 oz daily to feel it.

• Bone broth is your friend: Real, homemade bone broth is an extraordinary source in collagen, an [under-consumed] protein that contains a unique array of amino acids that, most notably, help with joint pain, among other things. Some local grocers carry bones and homemade bone broth. I recommend asking for femur bones, oxtail, and chicken feet.

• Lots of fruits and veggies: Especially veggies. Cook and remove seeds and skins of nightshade veggies if sensitive to lectins. Easy on spinach, rhubarb, beets, and miso soup if sensitive to oxalates. Cook your tomatoes [low-medium heat] to activate lycopene, an antioxidant shown to be good for prostate health. You get much more lycopene than you lose water-soluble vitamins.

• Nuts, legumes, [non-wheat] ancient grains, and seeds are packed with essential proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins. These are what we call the “good carbs.” BUT!!! I strongly recommend soaking these foods – in most cases for at least 12 hours – for optimal nutrition. Legumes may need 24 hours. Long story short. These foods contain anti-nutrients on their skins, and soaking them in warm water and acid medium (lemon, salt, baking soda) inactivates them.

• Polished carbohydrates = BAD – these are what give carbs a bad rep. These include anything on the ingredients lists that states “white,” “polished,” “enriched,” or “refined.” Includes white rice, white bread, white pasta, most multi-grain breads and pastas, and refined sugar of all types. For natural sweeteners, use Raw Honey or Agave nectar. Raw honey is also a strong fungicide. Agave nectar is low in the Glycemic index. For sugar-free sweeteners, use Stevia.

• Be cautious with your gluten and alcohol intake: Gluten is known to be a pro-inflammatory, as is alcohol. If you must keep the bread, try buying sprouted bread. These special breads contain gluten, but the gluten is already partially broken down, which makes its digestion easier.

• Lots of water! Forget the soda pop. Drop the Gatorade or whatever other diet crap you’re drinking. Water is best. Period. Add a few drops of lemon or lime for optimal alkalinity.

• Supplemental Juicing!!! If you can afford it, buy yourself a slow-processing juicer, and add some fruits, roots, and other veggies for a tasty immune-strengthening, anti-inflammatory drink! Drink it within 5 minutes of making for best effects. I often combine ginger and turmeric root, papaya seeds, carrot, and cranberry for a tasty and potent tonic.

• Probiotics: homemade sauerkraut, kimchi, pickled cucumbers and gingerroot, miso, and kombucha are all probiotic powerhouses. I already mentioned kefir earlier as the most probiotic-dense. Also, be sure to stock up on prebiotic-rich foods such as chicory root, garlic, onions, bananas, oats, flaxseeds, and other foods. Google search FOS and inulin.

• Vitamins D. Best if obtained from the sun, otherwise D3 supplements. Fatty fish and egg yolks also have some.

And FINALLY, the most effective treatment, below…

A combination of the most effective above remedies (10!!!): You see, it’s not just one thing. Again, if we have accepted the notion that prostatitis is related to a vast array of other functional bodily issues, then we simply cannot rely on one cure. Every little thing contributes to a pain-free life. See which approaches work best for you and switch them around if you aren’t getting the results you’re after.

Yes, it’s quite a regimen, but I truly believe this is the answer for long-term health not only for my prostate, but for my entire body. I have noticed in the process of trying this out that other symptoms and issues I have dealt with over the years also gradually lessened or even disappeared. I am confident this will one day completely cure me. I have been 85-99% symptom free. No, it’s not 100%, but it’s very manageable, and often times hardly noticeable, with this current regimen. The only symptoms I do get when they occasionally relapse (usually from prolonged sitting or overactive immune responses) is what I call the "perineum itch." It's hardly painful, but it is a little annoying.

So how long do you have to keep at it? Well, how long have you had your prostate problems? How many hours in your life up to this point have you been searching on these prostate forums for an answer? If this disease teaches you anything, it’s patience. In all likelihood, it will take years. But meanwhile, those are years where you can have your life back!

I hope you all find something that works for you to liberate yourselves physically and emotionally of this condition.

With sincerity

-A-

****NOTE: I am not a doctor, so I do not claim that these things are the absolute truth****

Last edited by aboss115 on Tue May 07, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Post Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Effectively Treating Prostatiti
Great post

I would gladly break my legs if it meant I could get rid of this prostate/pelvic pain.

No doubt a multi disciplinary approach is required. I feel too sick and too tired to keep trying, not to mention the huge expenses involved in chasing all these therapies.

I might give the dilation thing a go, I've read that it can really relax the pelvic floor. Is it safe to just do that on your own?

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 pm

racebannon wrote:

No doubt a multi disciplinary approach is required. I feel too sick and too tired to keep trying, not to mention the huge expenses involved in chasing all these therapies.

I might give the dilation thing a go, I've read that it can really relax the pelvic floor. Is it safe to just do that on your own?

I did not mention dilation treatment being that it is a more common treatment for BPH, so I have not tried it, and therefore cannot provide you feedback. I have included an NCBI article on the topic of prostate balloon treatment. They don't seem convinced by the current data, but it is an ongoing study, and perhaps some folks on this forum have a more positive experience with it.
ADMIN NOTE: Due to a directive from the board owners, I can't allow an 'external link' at this time. That may change, but for now, I can't See this note: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2412

You are more than welcome to PM this member to get that link.
ADMIN
Relaxing the pelvic floor is a real must for CP sufferers. Out of all the therapies I did, exercising, stretching, themotherapy, foam-rolling the legs, and Aneros prostate massages were the most effective at relaxing my pelvic floor. I suppose this is because all these methods affect the circulatory system, which in turn gives oxygen to the muscular system. The suppository tray with pro-circulatory EO's was also somewhat helpful with this.

Have you looked into myofascial releases, specifically with the thigh, glute, lower back, hip, pectineus, and illiopsoas muscles? If you haven't heard of the latter 2 muscles I strong encourage you to research them and their relationship to pelvic floor issues. It also may not hurt to very lightly do myofascial releases on the perineum itself.

As far as cost, some of my therapies were indeed costly, but MANY of them are very affordable. A good foam-roller goes for $10-12, I got four softballs for my illiopsoas, perineum, and upper glute myofascial releases for $11. You can stretch and exercise at home for free. An Aneros massager is ~$60, but it lasts a long time. A suppository tray was like $10 along with another $4-5 for good coconut oil. The cost of EO's depends on what you get. Copaiba is cheap, Frankincense is moderate, Helichrysum is quite expensive.

A good alkaline-based anti-inflammatory diet also helps with pelvic floor strain, but more indirectly. For me, switching to a better diet costs me 10-15% more out-of-pocket, a worthy cost considering its obvious benefits. Someone once told me that when it comes to what you eat, "you either pay for it now or you pay for it later." I'd rather spend a little bit more now than spend a lot more on health-related complications later that I could have otherwise avoided with good diet.

Honestly, it's all more time-consuming than expensive. Although time is money I suppose. I hope this helps!

PS. I would discourage cutting off your legs :)

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:38 am

Hey everyone. So I know this post is REALLY long and there's LOTS of information, but to once again make as clear as possible, my symptoms have virtually disappeared! This regimen may be a bit intimidating at first, but you don't need to practice EVERY single one to start feeling relief. I promise! I don't practice all of them yet the relief is still hovering around 95-99% pain-free.

Usually any discomfort originates from my pectineus muscles, which usually from too much sitting and means they need some blood flow via trigger-point therapy or myofascial releases.

UPDATES:

1. Don't sit down for over 20 minutes after prostate massages or ejaculation. I did this a few times by accident and it made my prostate a bit sore for a few hours.
2. My ANA marker came back 1:40 (lowest positive possible). Does anyone else with CP have elevated autoimmune markers??? I also have joint pain, so it could also be that.
3. I've officially started making my own keifr and have been drinking 3 oz ( before each meal, and I noticed my digestion has changed for the better and may be helping with overall inflammation.
4. Another user in this forum posted a lot of information on the relationship between CP and pelvic floor muscular dysfunction. I agree that there is a strong correlation here and I strongly suggest you all get a proper pelvic floor exam and look into how to perform your own trigger-point therapy and myofascial releases around that area. My theory is that stretching out these muscles not only helps with blood flow, but also relaxes the tendons they are attached to, which in turn reduces tension in the area.

If anyone has any questions about my suggestions, please ask!!!

-A-

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]