Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Calcium Correlation? 

Post Calcium Correlation?
I've been having a lot of acid reflux lately and I've been taking tums, calcium carbonate for it. My prostate has been much better also, I noticed that around the same time. I am not a big fan of dairy, and I never drink milk, so my systemic calcium is probably low. I know my vitamin D is low...which supposedly converts to form of calcium.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Post Re: Calcium Correlation?
Acidic ph levels a cause of prostate systems??

Tums etc lower acidity

I don't know but that's interesting

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Oral antacids aren't really systemic so I don't see how they would directly affect your prostate. They can change urine pH though. Or it could be just coincidence. My prostatitis symptoms used to be all over the place day to day so it was hard to make any connections.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:08 pm

I know two people who claim they are cured from Prostatitis by going on an all fruit/alkaline diet:

ADMIN NOTE: Until further notice, I can't allow 'external links.' This is nothing I can change.

See the post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2412

The poster had a decent YT video. Please PM him for the link.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Yeah, I definitely noticed that my urine was very cloudy after taking them for a few days. I'm definitely peeing out probably the majority of the antacids.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Thing about acid reflux is most of us have taken so many antibiotics we have yeast imbalance. The real cause of acid reflux isn't "high stomach acid " its "low stomach acid" and candida imbalance. You will notice if you go on low carb your acid reflux symptoms will die down. Any time I have done that or taken antifungals my acid reflux vanishes. Also good tip if you have acid reflux drink water 30 minutes to 1hour after your meal don't drink water with meal will make it worse. I do think calcium + magnesium help the prostate plus zinc. I take supplements on those 3

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Perhaps antacids (Tums, Rolaids, etc.) resolve gut dysbiosis somehow, thus relaxing the pelvis and reducing urine acidity, which reduces prostatitis and associated problems. They could also be decreasing the availability of nutrients (acids) to bacteria, thereby protecting the gut and urinary system from the harmful effects of their now-reduced activities.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Interestingly enough, I began taking magnesium supplements and the acid reflux cleared up during the process. Upon further research, magnesium apparently plays a role in the valve / sphincter functions of stomach and esophagus. Wonder if mag also influences urinary valve functioning. Urinating is a bit easier now, without the stinging. Still have mild hesitancy though, but it's tolerable.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]