Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Any young guys considering removal? 

Post Any young guys considering removal?
I'm in my late 20s and removal is starting to look like an intriguing option.

Anyone young considering?

I feel with robotic surgeries and finding a good western doctor, incontinence and impotence should be at a minimum with our young bodies' abilities to heal.

Freezing sperm would be an option as well.

I'm at a point where I have so much I want to achieve career and life wise, I'd be willing to give up impotence just to live a normal life. Incontinence I would prefer not to have.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Post Re: Any young guys considering removal?
what are your symptoms?

Removal is radical, no going back.

I know of someone whose pain symptoms were so severe, they opted for removal. Alas, pain did not resolve.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Did he have a 100% proven infection? I would only do it because I have it and no antibiotics have helped = I would never do it if I had low WBC count in EPS, but I don't.

I'm almost pain free, but with intense frequent urination and burning. I know its not that bad (yet), but I don't see a point in waiting for it to get worse, which it will, as it's an ongoing infection and that's all its done for the past 3 years. Not to mention it will quadruple get worse when I start natural BPH, which both of my grandfathers suffered from = that's if I don't drive myself crazy by my 50s and jump off a cliff...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm

sorry I don't know the specifics of his condition

I hear you

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 pm

dom_hend wrote:
I'm in my late 20s and removal is starting to look like an intriguing option.

Anyone young considering?

I feel with robotic surgeries and finding a good western doctor, incontinence and impotence should be at a minimum with our young bodies' abilities to heal..

Yes surgeries are much improved, and Drs as well, but that will probably not be the case for you. As you are so young the options you will have in Drs will be extremely limited. The removal of a non cancerous prostate isn’t something the majority of Drs will consider, so that will likely leave you with very little choice.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]