Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hot diarrhea 

Post Hot diarrhea
Sorry for the crude title but I don’t know how us to phrase it. Sometimes when I have an “attack”, I drink lots of water and get diarrhea. Almost feels like bile being excreted. My symptoms immediately after are either greatly reduced or gone. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you and I wish everyone the best of health.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Post Re: Hot diarrhea
I have been these days with diarrhea also and pretty scared wondering what it was. The weird thing is that I suffered narrow stools after masturbating ("edging") too long, trying to make all the sperm come out, thinking that probably that would clean the infection. But it seems that it made the inflammation worse. I don't know if that is a coincidence but after that I have been 4 or 5 days with diarrhea and lots of anxiety and panic attacks. Now I'm fine but having non-normal stools gives me a lot of anxiety.

Maybe chronic prostatitis and IBS are related. That's what I suspect.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Post Re: Hot diarrhea
Diarrhea isn't technically any more "hot" than the rest of your body is, though it can irritate your rectum and burn for sure. I have IBS-D and if there's one thing I know...it's the D.

The reason you are having narrow stools after masturbating and edging is that your pelvic floor muscles spasm and tighten up afterward which mechanically interferes with the passing of stools. This tightening of the pelvic floor also causes an increase in your prostatitis symptoms, which is why masturbation is often a trigger for people, since an orgasm is basically a spasming of the pelvic floor muscles. The onset of diarrhea might likely be due to the spasm in the pelvic floor affecting bowel movement, and likely the stress/panic brought on by the increase in symptoms is a contributor in causing your diarrhea. I know stress upsets my bowel function.

Diarrhea and constipation definintely increase my prostatitis pain. My worst trigger by far is hemmorhoids. They cause the rectum to tighten up which causes the pelvic floor to tense and nerves get overexcited and symptoms flare.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]