Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Mycoplasma infection (cured) into prostatitis 

Post Mycoplasma infection (cured) into prostatitis
Hi all

I'll try keep this short as I can.

Background

- Diagnosed with an e-coli infection and subsequently a mycoplasma gentalium infection in March this year.
- First test for mycoplasma was negative, next test positive. No idea why, but valuable lesson to share.
- I was infected/untreated for 3 months. I was finally given the correct antibiotics and I am now clear of any infection.

Ongoing issues

- Symptoms did calm down significantly when given the antibiotics from say a 8/10 bad to a 4/10 bad.
- Unfortunately I have still continued to suffer lesser symptoms for 4 months after being biologically cured which include constant irritation at the end of the penis and irritation is particular pronounced after urinating for a hour or so.
- Some days are better than others but it never really seems to go away.
- The doctor who has been treating me has said that I have prostatitis but these symptoms will clear in their own time, however I am not really seeing any evidence of this.
- Currently prescribed anti-inflammatories

My questions

- Has any one experienced a similar set or sequence of events? If so please share
- Anyones prostatis started from mycoplasma?
- Is it common to experience ongoing inflammation/prostatis after these 2 infections in particular mycoplasma gentalium?
- Should I just wait it out or is there some proactive steps I can take?
- Should I just trust the doctor and wait another 3 months to see if it just goes away?

My lessons learnt:

- make sure you test twice for every bug! false negatives happen even on PCR tests!!
- normal guys get this and it's more common than we all think, just no on talks about it!

Finally - it's great this forum exists, I'm sure it helps all of us to know that there is other normal guys out there suffering this! If anyone wants info on mycoplasma etc I'm happy to help.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Post Re: Mycoplasma infection (cured) into prostatitis
Your progression sounds pretty normal for chronic prostatitis. In 3 weeks I'll hit my 3yr anniversary of prostatitis and I can say that it does improve over time. It took about 1.5 years for mine to peak and then it slowly improved over the past 1.5 years until now where it doesn't really bother me at all unless I masturbate 2-3 days in a row, then I get a brief flare that dies down in 2-3 days. I hardly think about it day-to-day anymore. The irritation at the end of the penis was maddening at times, but after about 2 years for me it just went away and never returned. I used to have redness and a swollen urethra opening, as well as white discharge. I don't have any of that anymore. The only symptoms I have during a flare is a mild burning pain in the prostate itself that lasts a day or two. It's much less intrusive than the irritated tip was.

Mine wasn't due to myco/Ureaplasma. It was clearly something infectious based on the symptoms but all I ever tested positive for was e-coli and enterococcus, however treatment with abxs never really solved anything in the short term. I think it's just something that needed to run its course and takes forever to heal.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 pm

londonguy wrote:
Hi all

I'll try keep this short as I can.

Background

- Diagnosed with an e-coli infection and subsequently a mycoplasma gentalium infection in March this year.
- First test for mycoplasma was negative, next test positive. No idea why, but valuable lesson to share.
- I was infected/untreated for 3 months. I was finally given the correct antibiotics and I am now clear of any infection.

Ongoing issues

- Symptoms did calm down significantly when given the antibiotics from say a 8/10 bad to a 4/10 bad.
- Unfortunately I have still continued to suffer lesser symptoms for 4 months after being biologically cured which include constant irritation at the end of the penis and irritation is particular pronounced after urinating for a hour or so.
- Some days are better than others but it never really seems to go away.
- The doctor who has been treating me has said that I have prostatitis but these symptoms will clear in their own time, however I am not really seeing any evidence of this.
- Currently prescribed anti-inflammatories

My questions

- Has any one experienced a similar set or sequence of events? If so please share
- Anyones prostatis started from mycoplasma?
- Is it common to experience ongoing inflammation/prostatis after these 2 infections in particular mycoplasma gentalium?
- Should I just wait it out or is there some proactive steps I can take?
- Should I just trust the doctor and wait another 3 months to see if it just goes away?

My lessons learnt:

- make sure you test twice for every bug! false negatives happen even on PCR tests!!
- normal guys get this and it's more common than we all think, just no on talks about it!

Finally - it's great this forum exists, I'm sure it helps all of us to know that there is other normal guys out there suffering this! If anyone wants info on mycoplasma etc I'm happy to help.

I'm curious, did you have a sexual exposure that caused this? What were your original symptoms? I'm assuming you experienced urethritis if you indeed had a mycoplasma infection; dysuria, discharge, etc??

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 am

Yes it was from a former gf (confirmed), I don’t think it passes any other way.e coli was a secondary infection as a result of the mycroplasma. Before being treated I was suffering standard uthertis, horrible urgency to urinate, discharge and basically after urinating having to go back to the toilet a minute later. Thankgod I don’t have that anymore, just uretha irritation now but it’s been 4 months since I was cured

Had a really good week with minimal flare ups though so maybe I’m turning the corner? Here’s hoping.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:14 pm

londonguy wrote:
Yes it was from a former gf (confirmed), I don’t think it passes any other way.e coli was a secondary infection as a result of the mycroplasma. Before being treated I was suffering standard uthertis, horrible urgency to urinate, discharge and basically after urinating having to go back to the toilet a minute later. Thankgod I don’t have that anymore, just uretha irritation now but it’s been 4 months since I was cured

Had a really good week with minimal flare ups though so maybe I’m turning the corner? Here’s hoping.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like a tough experience for you!! Since MGen was from your ex-gf, it was likely transmitted to you via vaginal sex, correct? Just curious if it was oral sex only, but I doubt it since it was a gf. Luckily, I never had those strong urethritis symptoms, but my exposure was only oral, for a very brief time.

Hope you feel better man!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:24 pm

We never did oral sex so was vaginal, though I’ve read a lot of guys on here contract their problems via oral

I would really suggest testing for mycroplasma/ ureplasma and make sure you do it first thing in morning and at least a nmontj after an antibiotics. Very easy to get a false negative like I did first time.

Did you test postive to mycroplasma stanfelder?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:56 pm

londonguy wrote:
We never did oral sex so was vaginal, though I’ve read a lot of guys on here contract their problems via oral

I would really suggest testing for mycroplasma/ ureplasma and make sure you do it first thing in morning and at least a nmontj after an antibiotics. Very easy to get a false negative like I did first time.

Did you test postive to mycroplasma stanfelder?

I haven’t tested for anything other than the major std’s. My uro doesn’t seem interested in doing so, but rather just give me Cipro and see what happens. Luckily though, I haven’t had any dysuria or discharge which from what I’m told is the major symptom of a myco/uu infection. I just have a golf ball wedged up my arse.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Yeh my urologist also said I was going "going on a wild goose chase" by trying to test for mycroplasma. He was dead wrong though as this was indeed my problem. My discharge had also stopped so that isn't indicative.

I would suggest doing the test just to be certain. Most of the standard STI tests only cover a very limited band of STI's. Cirpo also won't treat mycoplasma.

Did you symptoms start after a sexual encounter?

The tests you should do are:

- standard urine culture
- full panel sti test (make sure it tests more unusual bugs such as mycroplasma, trich, herpes etc).
- seamen culture and seamen mycoplasma test

Do those tests again a month after finishing Cipro too as antibiotics can give you false negatives (this happened to me).

I have no idea why I wasn't tested in this manner, by no less than 6 different doctors, but at least I found what my initial problem was. Unfortunately the time it took me to figure all this out left me with prosastis afterwards, but at least prostatis is bearable, what I had before was just awful.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am

I would also suggest finding a GUM doctor. Urologists are really only good at looking at structural things not so good treating infections etc. Separate disciplines. No harm in going after this at both angles right?

This helped me solve my issues (somewhat) so it isn't as outrageous as it may sound

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:38 am

I have a thread here "Oral Sex No Condom STD to CBP". Mine was an antibiotic resistant Mycoplasma Hominis to prostatitis.

Like you, I was able to find the bug and kill it but I still have some slight after effects (i think it is getting better as time goes on) and that took me taking time to do some serious research, 5 Urologists, 5 months, importing my own antibiotics and about $8,000 in tests, doctors visits, antibiotics and supplements. I know there are guys out there without my resources and it's a damn shame they are left on their own to suffer. This forum is the best one out there in my opinion and so I have been trying to share what i have learned.

What a nightmare - literally I woke up a few times and I wanted to weep because in my dream I was normal. There were a few days when I seriously thought I was going to jump in front of a bus. Thank God I found a great urologist who worked with me and wasn't afraid to do prostate massage.

To answer your question: so now that i am technically cured but still have prostatitis, I am taking quite a few supplements now that seem to help. At first I was taking this list 2x a day but am now focusing on the Quercitine, Saw Palmetto, Cats Claw and turmeric which seem to do the most to help.

1. Apple cider vinegar with diced up clove of raw garlic

2. N-Acetyl-L-cysteine

3. Bromeliad

4. Quercitine

5. Selenium

6. Grape Seed Extract

7. Saw Palmetto

8. Cranberry pill

9. Garlic Pill

10. Ashwaganda root

11. Astralaguals root (spelling)

12. Vitamin C

13. Vitamin D

14. Magnesium (but NO zinc as microfilms love it)

15.Tumeric extract

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm

How long have you suffered prostatis for after you were biologically cured? What sort of symptoms?

I’ve never had a prostate massage, do you think it would be worthwhile? I did a seamen sample which my doctor said was sufficient. Though I’ve been fed a lot of lazy statements like this already...

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 pm

I stopped the prostate massages after getting my MicroGen DX report back from the US. I took bactrim to treat a Staphylococcus epidermis bacteria that was found in my prostate fluid AFTER we had defeated the mycoplasma hominis.

Current symptoms: 1) still bit of 'leakiness' after urinating 2.) Faint pain in tip of penis 1-2x a week for 20/30 minutes (increases when stressed) 3.) My butt hurts (Ischial bones in the pelvic area) when I sit too long on an airplane seat or hard seat/bench 4.) Still takes 5-6 seconds to get a urine flow going 5.) can only hold about 15 seconds worth of urine now 6.) Mental trauma

I will update my thread today but am thinking of going back to see my uro next week for a check up.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]