Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 my prostatitis experience - e coli 

Post my prostatitis experience - e coli
Hi everyone,
I joined this forum to be able to help others with similar issues to mine and perhaps get some insight from others who have had similar experiences. Any input would greatly be appreciated and any questions are welcome. I am currently 27, and would consider myself of average health/height/weight and this is my first time with this health issue.

I started feeling the symptoms early May 2018, and then had fever, nausea, and extreme pain in the scrotal area on May 12, which is when I went to the emergency room with my problem.
I was treated with painkillers and the day after I went to the urologist, got an ultrasound, (but no prostate examination/test, or urine culture was done) and was diagnosed with epididimytis. I was then prescribed Ciprofloxacin and Klion with Aflamin as painkiller to take for 7 days. I had high fevers and was very weak - could hardly leave the bed - for the entire week after seeing the doctor. Surprisingly, all my symptoms went away after this week. I was just beginning to fully recover when the scrotal pain returned about 10 days after finishing the antibiotics.

I then went to a different urologist, where a urine culture test, sperm test, and a prostate examination/test with sample taken was done. At that point, because of the high level of pain I was experiencing during the prostate examination, he said that I clearly have a prostate infection. He told me about what kind of diet I need to start, and to abstain from any intercourse or masturbation. Interestingly he also asked me about my tonsils and if I have had any issues with them. I told him no, but he thought that my tonsils were large and "looked bad" and insisted on getting a blood test for the ASO marker and seeing a nose ear throat doctor.
My ASO levels were 228 ( normal levels are 0 - 200) and the nose ear throat doctor said that my throat flora is normal and my tonsils are normal as well. He told me that usually tonsil removal is done at levels of 400 - 600.

After receiving the results of my urine, prostate, and sperm tests, all tests showed a positive concentration of E Coli. The urologist then prescribed Supplin and Zinnat (cefuroxim) to be taken twice a day for 2 weeks. After visiting him he strongly suggests to have my tonsils removed as he said that as long as I have my tonsils, my prostatitis will never fully go away. He then prescribed me another 2 weeks of Zinnat and Supplin ( I am currently on my 3rd week) and then told me to not take any antibiotics for one full week after finishing week four.
At this point, I have not had a fever and have been able to lead an active lifestyle since May 19, my current symptoms are occasional pain and discomfort in the upper left thigh, left groin area and left testicle, but the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was in May, when the symptoms first started. Although I have not started regular exercise yet, I have been doing a lot of walking during the day. I am concerned that if I start lifting or running again my immune system would weaken or my condition would get worse. I am now visiting multiple nose ear throat doctors and urologists to be able to get a broad perspective from multiple doctors in this issue as I do not think a tonsil removal is necessary.

My questions that I would greatly appreciate any input on are the following:
- Has anyone else here had their tonsils removed due to prostatitis or has it come up in discussions about prostatitis with their urologist? I am trying to figure out if having them removed is truly necessary as I am currently against removing them.
- Has anyone else here had similar lab results where positive E Coli was detected and was the cause of the bacterial prostatitis? If so, what was the time span?
- My last question would be if anyone else was told not to ejaculate in anyway for the entire duration of the illness? I have mixed feelings about this but have completely abstained so far.

Thank you all for your time and for reading this.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:44 am

Post Re: my prostatitis experience - e coli
I had E. coli in my semen which was making me ill. It was cured a high quality olive leaf extract supplement twice daily as this kills E. coli instantly. I had to take it for 6 months to clear it.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into the olive leaf extract supplement and have bought some. I will start taking 2x daily on wednesday. could you message me with some more information on your experience? Thanks again.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:34 am

Marc4664 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have looked into the olive leaf extract supplement and have bought some. I will start taking 2x daily on wednesday. could you message me with some more information on your experience? Thanks again.

Updated

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]