Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 hi in new hear from scotland please help if you can thanks 

Post hi in new hear from scotland please help if you can thanks
hi all my name is mark from bonnie scotland i am a single dad and have brought up son now flown the nest .
i am disabled athiritis both knees failed opperations and foot so mobility is not good ,so i sit alot cant stand due to pain been on crutches past 7 years use wheelchair/ mobility scooter outside .

last year october my urinating was a bit weird tend of going to left or right stop starting ect ,
i just put it down to meddication it was on in febuary awoke one morning with excruicating pain doc told me i had enlarged prostate gave me cipro with in a week my urinating slowed right down then nothing .
one night i was admitted to hospital , catheter in and hospital 4 days i have had bad back pain and doc gave me a full mri scan neck to bottom of back they told me it could be early symtoms of multiple scelosis .
pse blood test came back fine ,urine test fine catheter out urinating fine thought all was fine given a letter to doc and urologist check up 15 weeks doc told me its watchfull waiting . ( at that time i thought i was cured )
a week later i was at doc again results mri came back all ok which i was very happy about , i was getting pain testicles and groin urinating was wavering again doc put be on cipro for 10 days came off 3 days later when finished course .all ok then symtoms came back again been on cipro for nearly 3 months now and tamsulosin and solifenacin to help with flow ect now im getting penile discharge and dribbling when sitting or lying down soon as i stand the urge symtoms calm down going to toilet nearly every half hour now soon as i sit down i get excruicating dull backache and pressure in rectum now im incontinent and wear a pouch pad through the day due to dribbling and larger pad at night i can still go to toilet but due to dissability i cant run when i get the urge to go so its a bit hit and miss sadly at the moment i used to drink a lot of tea calmed down to a couple of cups now its caffene free same as diet coke caffene free and drinking water dont smoke seldom drink lager but stopped due to docs talk in surgery .

ive to see the urologist in a month time has anybody had problems as above

any ideas what the next course of treatment will be most gratefull for any help many thanks mark

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:24 am

Post Re: hi in new hear from scotland please help if you can tha
Iam new myself from south of the border in gloucestershire same symptons as yourself .taking tamasulan for 2 months come of it as bad side effects need to try something else got alot of info from usa i am 57 years old have had two work mates who have similar condtion they say i have cronic prosatites both had to have turp op in end o/k now been told its very hard to treat will give it another couple of months its a horrible condition not much known about it .you seem to of gone through a lot they say there are risks involved in surgey will post again soon as abit weary now sorry about grammer but a bit of a newbie reguading my pc skills

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Post Re: hi in new hear from scotland please help if you can tha
(Taking tamsulosin (Flomax) for 2 months, come of it as bad side effects. need to try something else)
Are you talking about a reduction in sexual interest and poor ejaculation?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]