Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Prostatitis? 

Post Prostatitis?
I'll try to keep this short.  A month ago is had a total thyroidectomy (Graves disease).  When I woke up I had a catheter in, which the nurse unceremoniously removed (stand up please, then pulled it out, that hurt).  I also have varicoele, so I wear an athletic supporter, works great. Last Wednesday I had a complete physical and part of it was the prostate check, doctor said it felt fine.  Ever since then I have occasional pain in the tip of my penis and an uncomfortable feeling between my scrotum and anus, a little in the pelvic area too.  Ejaculation makes it worse. No issues urinatating, though I feel pressure to do so more often, and I sleep through the night without having to get up. I have had these symptoms before but they went away quickly.  PSAs have been normal also, though I'll be going for a blood draw within a week for routine PSA and thyroid hormones.
The symptoms sound to me like Prostatitis. I read that it could be stress induced, have that, my wife passed away late March. I am 57 and other than theses complaints/issues very healthy.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:11 am

Post Re: Prostatitis?
Rkh3,

I feel your pain I am 24 years old and had a VERY similar situation. I had surgery for a spontanteous pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and had a catheter in me for about a day and a half. Ever since then I'm having almost all of the prostatitis symptoms and haven't been able to get cured yet. Keep your head up and keep me posted if you find anything.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Will do.

Calling primary for a urine culture tomorrow. Have you had one done?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I've had all of the following tests done: Urine culture (negative), PSA test (negative), sonogram of scrotum and kidney (negative for stones or anything else), and one of those void tests where you urinate into an instrument to measure your flow (came up normal). I've tried a lot of antibiotics as well with no help.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

cystoscopy?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Well, all urine tests negative for infection. Symptoms maybe a little better but still have that uncomfortable feeling between my scrotum and anus, in my penis, and now lower abdominal pressure

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm

No cystoscope.....all of my urologists didn't want me to get it due to the fact that they said it could make my pain worse and have bad side effects.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]