Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Low Sensitivity in Penis 

Post Low Sensitivity in Penis
I was wondering if any other sufferers have had a change in the sensitivity in their penis? For me, my penis feels just short of numb compared to what it felt before my major CPPS flareup in December 2014. Other things are dulled, too, like perineum sensation, nipple sensation, testicle sensation. It's not that they are truly numb, just that they feel very bland (like touching your kneecap or something where there aren't a lot of nerve endings; versus touching the arch of your foot which is loaded with nerve endings).

I feel that I have released a lot of the pelvic floor tension thanks to Physiotherapy about a year ago. I also can get stronger erections now, but they still require a LOT of concentration to get/maintain. I occasionally get morning erections, but never spontaneous erections during the day. Before the 2014 flare-up, I used to get at least 1 spontaneous erection a day, almost always morning erections, and they were almost painfully sensitive.

I wonder if to get over this next plateau what I need to do to help restore the nerve sensations (e.g., stretching, exercises, ??) . It's possible that it's not nerves, but instead could be that my prostate has some inflammation deep within it that is "turning off" all the signals that promote sensitivity and arousal (this is what my Doctor thinks).

Another note, when I press above the pubic bone there is a sharp sensitivity that shoots down inside of me. I think this is either referred pain from the prostate or bladder, or I'm pushing tissue against the Internal Sphincter which is sore. I have noticed that if I push hard enough, I will get several dribbles of urine released from my penis which is why I suspect it's the sphincter.

Can anyone relate to these symptoms, either currently or hopefully in the past (and how long and in what way did it resolve) ?

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Post Re: Low Sensitivity in Penis
You know that I have similar symptoms, and the orgasms are almost gone. No one urologist has been able to explain me why this happens.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:09 am

i'm the opposite. My penis is SUPER sensitive.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:09 pm

See this:
viewtopic.php?p=11707#p11707

And this:
viewtopic.php?p=11370#p11370

There are two "classic" supps that I don't see in your signature: quercetin+bromelain and allicin. We had some patients that saw some benefit in peppermint oil. I've tried these three and many more. And I am not a fan of supps and think that they have to be avoided if at all possible.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:26 pm

I have mainly the opposite, but sometimes when going to the bathroom, I have little to almost no sensation or sensitivity in my groin. When I sleep on my front side (stomach down) or sometimes on my sides, I get spasms and sensitivity in my penis. I also have gotten spasms in my testicles, insides of my thighs, and in my butt cheeks. But when I lay on my back, I rarely get any of those things or any other types of pain. The spasms are painful and uncomfortable, and I'm not sure why they occur exactly. I started drinking green tea with turmeric and cinnamon mixed in at night recently, and have had reduction in those types of symptoms. But when I didn't drink the tea with added spices, I got symptoms again that disrupted my sleep.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanks for the replies!

jaumeb wrote:

The OP, uncleg, says he is taking Mediherb,prostaco M1382 and Standard Process, prostate PMC. Did you link this to suggest I look into these specific ones? I'm up for trying anything that's safe.
It's certainly great to hear that he has had libido improvements, but he only posted his original problem 7 months back, and he cited having mostly urinary symptoms to begin with (he said he was still sexually wired like a 17 year old in his first post on this forum) which aren't very similar to my symptoms. To me, his symptoms sound less like CPPS and more acute in nature from his description.

jaumeb wrote:
There are two "classic" supps that I don't see in your signature: quercetin+bromelain and allicin. We had some patients that saw some benefit in peppermint oil. I've tried these three and many more. And I am not a fan of supps and think that they have to be avoided if at all possible.

Correct, I have not taken any of the supplements you mentioned. I didn't see mention of them in the posts you linked, but I haven't read the entire threads, yet. It does sound like those would be my next steps to try. I've been off of everything as of April 2016 (even downgraded my Prilosec to Zantac which seems to have cleared up Bowel symptoms which I previously thought could be CPPS related). Thanks for the suggestion and I will research those, next.

jaumeb wrote:

On this one, are you suggesting I look into the prostate injections? I have seen mention of those before, but I'll admit they sound a bit scary. If I recall, my doctor warned me about that causing things to get even worse since the prostate is very delicate tissue. I won't say I'll ignore this option, but it'll certainly be a last resort (and apparently it's only done overseas, as I'm in the USA).

presto423 wrote:
...sometimes when going to the bathroom, I have little to almost no sensation or sensitivity in my groin.

Presto, have you had your Pelvic Floor muscles checked for knots and overall tightness? Seems like spasms would be related to that. I found physiotherapy very helpful in reducing my pelvic pain/spasms (I still rarely, maybe 1/month, feel a spasm but it goes away quickly).

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm the opposite. Somewhat more sensitive. One good thing I guess is that my orgasms are much more intense, almost to the point of pain, but a good pain! Things could be worse....

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Presto, thanks for telling us about the tea that seems to be working for you.

Fantom, I included those links because they seemed to be related to erections/sensibility. Somehow connected to your original question. One of the patients improved with prostate massage while the other used some supps.

I don't recommend anything. Trying supps is risky. I would recommend against injections as I don't believe in the "bacteria in the prostate" theory.

I like presto's approach of trying herbs/spices that have been used for millenia and we can thus assume that they have a good safety profile. They could still be harmful, but in my view they are less risky.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:31 am

Where do you think the bacterias found in semen or pre-seminal fluids (like in my case) are? I don't know also if they are in the prostate, or in the seminal vesicles... or in both places... It's not clear. I asked recently about it to an urologist but he didn't answer and he got angry because of my questions.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:44 pm

I'm the opposite as well. the head of my penis became really sensitive when this all first started back in February. Over time it seems to be getting better. Using a small amount of lidocaine jelly and a low dose of nortriptyline for nerve pain.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Fantom, I haven't had my pelvic floor checked yet. I've done a bit of searching for an osteopath or physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor issues, but there aren't many so far in the Grand Rapids, MI area. I also need to be sure they accept Medicaid. If Medicaid only reduces the cost, I most likely won't be able to do it until a long time from now at best. However, it's possible I could do some research online to at least identify a problem myself. I'm not sure. So far, I'm getting some relief from drinking green tea w/ cinnamon and turmeric mixed in, and eating foods with quercetin, though that's only a small start up to this point in time. I think applying hand sanitizer has also helped with jock itch problems I've had in the recent past. I didn't think of it before, but external skin permeation is another route for bacteria/fungi to enter and cause problems. It could even be that the bacteria/fungi doesn't get into the prostate, but somewhere/something else, and causes the prostatitis symptoms.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:46 pm

presto423 wrote:
I didn't think of it before, but external skin permeation is another route for bacteria/fungi to enter and cause problems. It could even be that the bacteria/fungi doesn't get into the prostate, but somewhere/something else, and causes the prostatitis symptoms.

I think the problem starts in the gut.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 am

To everyone having sensitivity and overly-intense orgasms (cry me a river :-P), I wonder what's different between you and I? If you don't have threads where you have posted your story, can you please post one and share the link? If you already have posted, I can search later to try and find your history. I'm mainly curious if you had Pelvic Floor tension, how long you have CPPS, and if you had any urinary/bladder symptoms.

jaumeb wrote:
I don't recommend anything. Trying supps is risky. I would recommend against injections as I don't believe in the "bacteria in the prostate" theory.

I like presto's approach of trying herbs/spices that have been used for millenia and we can thus assume that they have a good safety profile. They could still be harmful, but in my view they are less risky.

Thanks for clarifying. My doc basically gave me the go-ahead for any vitamin/herb/spice/etc. that I want to take "as long as it's safe". Which I guess is up to me to decide since he said there was no research for a lot of that stuff. I agree with you, the herbs/spices sound like the best next-thing to try. I did try Tumeric under a brand called Meriva that is supposed to be formulated for really good absorption, but I don't think it had any effect. I love green tea and cinnamon, anyway, so I'll give the tea a shot.

presto423 wrote:
Fantom, I haven't had my pelvic floor checked yet. I've done a bit of searching for an osteopath or physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor issues, but there aren't many so far in the Grand Rapids, MI area.

I know that most Pelvic Floor physios are women, as it's apparently most commonly an issue women have with child birth, I believe. Even if you can just afford 1 session, it would be worthwhile to have him/her feel around and see if you have issues in the pelvic floor and give you a list of exercises to do. I believe you can do the pelvic floor pressure-point release with your own finger; maybe you could have them show you that to do on your own (for free). After treating my knots and trigger-points for probably ~15 sessions plus doing daily exercises at home, the pain really subsided. But, as I've mentioned, the libido/erections/penis sensitivity have never really returned.

Chavalote wrote:
Where do you think the bacterias found in semen or pre-seminal fluids (like in my case) are? I don't know also if they are in the prostate, or in the seminal vesicles... or in both places... It's not clear. I asked recently about it to an urologist but he didn't answer and he got angry because of my questions.

Chav, I empathize with you and have tried to contribute to your threads as much as possible. However, I am annoyed that most times when you reply to my threads, you seem to try to change the subject back to your specific issues. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you would start or continue your own threads. As I've mentioned on your thread before, I don't know anything about the bacterial form of CPPS; I have not been shown to ever have bacteria, and I've also advised you on the angry response you got from your doctor. I really don't want to repeat it, here, since I'm trying to discuss something slightly different. Sorry if this sounds rude, but forums have threads for a reason.[/quote]

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:30 am

Fantom451 wrote:
I was wondering if any other sufferers have had a change in the sensitivity in their penis? For me, my penis feels just short of numb compared to what it felt before my major CPPS flareup in December 2014. Other things are dulled, too, like perineum sensation, nipple sensation, testicle sensation. It's not that they are truly numb, just that they feel very bland (like touching your kneecap or something where there aren't a lot of nerve endings; versus touching the arch of your foot which is loaded with nerve endings).

I feel that I have released a lot of the pelvic floor tension thanks to Physiotherapy about a year ago. I also can get stronger erections now, but they still require a LOT of concentration to get/maintain. I occasionally get morning erections, but never spontaneous erections during the day. Before the 2014 flare-up, I used to get at least 1 spontaneous erection a day, almost always morning erections, and they were almost painfully sensitive.

I wonder if to get over this next plateau what I need to do to help restore the nerve sensations (e.g., stretching, exercises, ??) . It's possible that it's not nerves, but instead could be that my prostate has some inflammation deep within it that is "turning off" all the signals that promote sensitivity and arousal (this is what my Doctor thinks).

Another note, when I press above the pubic bone there is a sharp sensitivity that shoots down inside of me. I think this is either referred pain from the prostate or bladder, or I'm pushing tissue against the Internal Sphincter which is sore. I have noticed that if I push hard enough, I will get several dribbles of urine released from my penis which is why I suspect it's the sphincter.

Can anyone relate to these symptoms, either currently or hopefully in the past (and how long and in what way did it resolve) ?

Any update on your condition? I have also got low sensitivity in penis 6 weeks ago after rough prostate play via rectum. Before that everything worked well. Now strange pains and lost libido and poor erection and difficulties to cum and orgasm feels quite lousy, if achieved even.

Mon May 07, 2018 4:41 pm

I have been meaning to update anyway, so glad you asked.

I would say I've had very minor improvements over the past 6 months. What I've been doing is more physiotherapy, which boils down to me doing stretches and strength training around my pelvis. Male Kegels have helped target the muscle groups that I think have been inflamed for a few years now. When I do them, I feel the pain I sometimes feel around the pubic bone, and then when I repeat repetitions, it should be forcing fresh blood into these inflamed tissues. Stretches that target tight muscles are also good, and also help loosen up fascia that's formed for various reasons. My therapist thought this could take a few months of doing it regularly before I get back to optimal.

Another thing I've been doing is concentrating on the area and relaxing, almost sending orgasm signals. I have actually achieved an orgasm doing this without ejaculation. I think this has been a big help also, because I can now get these muscles to squeeze tissue and help move out inflammation. I can tell you that while I'm doing these things, I feel my penis is very sensitive. Though when I release, it returns to a slightly better state than it was prior to the exercise. I'm hopeful this is something I can improve now that I am actually targeting the inflammation, rather than depending on prescription drugs to somehow help.

How do I think I got the low libido from this, and how does it relate to @New2018? I think in my case, the extreme tightening of muscles triggered an inflammatory response, and some of that inflammation is deep in muscles that don't normally get much use. If you have a sore muscle, you massage it. That's what I am now doing and it's starting to show some promise.
New2018 mentions rough prostate play. If you damage something, you cause inflammation. Muscles tighten to protect things. 6 weeks isn't a very long time compared to my 2 years, and yours may just resolve in a month or so, but you should try to assist it with info like found on this site. I'd say, hot baths, pelvic floor relaxation, etc, at a minimum. I assume you already went to your doctor and ruled out infection. That's NUMBER ONE. But if it's false, I advise you avoid the traps many on this site fall into and spend years trying to kill bacteria that likely isn't there.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]