Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ringin in the ears after bactrim. Will it subside? 

Post Ringin in the ears after bactrim. Will it subside?
Hi. After an initial treatment with levo Dr. told me to take one pill of bactrim a day - After 5 days felt a discrete ringing that now is more definite and, I think, louder. What can I espect? Thank you guys.

Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Post Re: Ringin in the ears after bactrim. Will it subside?
Have you looked up home remedies for ringing in the ears? It's also called tinnitus. You could also try getting a head/neck massage and ask them to focus on your ears.

Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 pm

You should probably stop the Bactrim if you are continuing it and your ringing is getting worse, especially if it's a longer course. Usually the tinnitus subsides if you don't let it go on long enough, though it can take a while to go away. I got pretty bad tinnitus from taking vancomycin for c-diff for 10 days (didn't have option to quit since it was for c-diff) and it took about a month or two to completely go away. Though since then I notice I am much more susceptible to it on various drugs.

Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 pm

I had an allergic reaction to Bactrim, caused nephritis, it was pretty bad. I'd stop taking it like 454 said, switch to something else if you can.

Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Thank you all. It seems some drugs are ototoxic to some individuals. Once the choclear little nerves are damaged the brain tries to fix it adding "gain" somewhere in the auditory brain. I hope time will refix it but, who knows?. Be carefull as ototoxic effects are cumulative and one illness is enough

Fri May 18, 2018 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]