Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Is this common for Prostatitis or am I going insane? 

Post Is this common for Prostatitis or am I going insane?
Hello everyone. (Thank you in advance if you took the time to read this.)

It has began with what appeared to be Prostatitis and now I feel like I'm completely falling apart.

I am a 35 year old male and here' how it all started.

One day I held my urine for too long and after I went to the bathroom I had severe pain in the right abdominal area.
After it went away everything went back to normal. Next day i noticed i started having foam in my urine.

Few weeks after that I started having odd pain the prostate area between scrotum and anus. And shortly after that I started getting
odd penile retractions. Basically the type of shrinkage which you get when you take a cold shower.

My urination became a bit spasmatic and felt like my pelvic muscles were going crazy but still ad full and strong stream.

Naturally I was panicked and stress and paranoid and went to my urologist. The urologist gave me the finger exam and said it feels fine.
He diagnosed it as Non-Bacterial Prostatitis and gave me 2 weeks of Miloxicam and 2 months of Tamsulosin (FlowMax).

I went on my way and things seemed to be ok while I was taking it. After I was done I wanted a month and took nothing and wanted to see what happened.
The entire time I had slight burning in the urethra but only after urination, not during. And I feel like that slight burning is what was causing my shrinkage.
This entire time I kept on digging on google for symptoms and stressing my self out big time. Constant stress and worry.

Eventually I went to the urologist and he took my blood and urine and found that I had low testosterone. 240 (Minimum for my age bracket should be 265)
Also for those who are wondering about the foam in my urine, the test did not show any protein in there so it is still a mystery.

In addition to all of this I started experiencing worse than unusual stomach problems and blow movements. Started with diarrhea and now kinda light brown but solid.
Also its worth mentioning that i started to cut down on meat consumption since i read its bad for the prostate so Im eating fish and other stuff for now.

After having gone through all that and mega amounts of stress, now I have poor urination. weak urine stream and also not much urine comes out per session. Definitely urine retention.

But wait there's more!! Now suddenly for the past week or so I started to develop major fatigue. I can sleep all through the night get 8 hours and then wake up totally tired and have that all day long. Feeling tried and drained.

I hope someone with similar condition responds to this. I am feeling weak and terrified and feel like Im falling apart. Jumping to all the negative conclusions and doctors aren't being helpful.

Symptoms Summery:
1. Discomfort and pain between scrotum and anus area.
2. Burning and discomfort in urethra, AFTER urination.
3. Weak stream and urine retention but no real urgency to urinate.
4. Foam in urine. (Not protein related. Had blood and urine tested.)
5. Low Testosterone 240 (35 Year old male)
6. Change in bowl movement and digestion.
7. All day fatigue for about 2 weeks now. (could be meat detox or not)
8. Major stress and anxiety due to looking for matching symptoms and causes.

Please respond if you have had similar experiences and can help possibly figure this out and fix it.

Many thanks.

Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Post Re: Is this common for Prostatitis or am I going insane?
Your prostatitis problems are all gut bacteria and gut fungus related

I had the exact same symptoms for 8 or 9 years. I finally went to a gastronologist that diagnosed me with sibo and fungal infection in the gut. Once I get treated for this with xyfaxin and nystatin / flicanzole my gut symptoms went a away then my prostatitis symptoms faded.

The gastronologist and I hypothize that an antibiotic I took years ago triggered all of this. And throwing more antibiotics as the numerous urologist gave me made it all worse.

Additionally I try to follow a low carb low sugar diet as these foods feed the gut fungus and bacteria.

There is a definite link between gut health and urinary. Track symptoms.

Additionally the prostatitis elevated psa and I had to endure biopsies and ct scans because of elevated psa and no cancer in prostate was ever found

Good luck I hope this info helps you

Fri May 04, 2018 10:23 pm

I have noticed a change in bowel movements and very foamy urine as well. I have thought about it being gut related but could that cause an irritated meatus as well?

Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Oh wow interesting. Ever since this started I had huge changes in my bowel movements and composition. Starting to panic that maybe its colon cancer or something. Since the major onset of fatigue and stool being kinda narrow. Could be due to all the chickpeas Im eating. But yeah, definitely worth exploring this link with the gut. Was it E Coli or H pylori or anything spacific? How would one look for it?
I did mean to schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy but too nervous what it would find considering the current symptoms and considering i had stomach problems all my life.

Fri May 04, 2018 11:29 pm

freakinfrustrated: I have searched all the forums and no one talks about foamy urine when it comes to Prostatitis. I thought I was the only one that had this. Its so frustrating especially because the internet mostly describes this as protein in the urine but all my urine tests came back negative.

Fri May 04, 2018 11:32 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
I have noticed a change in bowel movements and very foamy urine as well. I have thought about it being gut related but could that cause an irritated meatus as well?

I have searched a lot of prostatitis symptoms and forums and no one mentions foamy urine. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Usually they explain that foamy urine means there is protein in it and its related to the kidneys but my urine came back clean for that.

Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 pm

I asked my doctor about it and he said they dont know why some people have foamy urine. If you stand alot it could cause it as well. My urine didnt come back with protein either and it is like a pile of foam when i go.

Sat May 05, 2018 12:09 am

This probably isn't related, but I noticed that if I take antacids like tums, it causes foamy urine as well.

Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 am

Httpmax, your gut flora may be off. The symptoms you mentioned, including low testosterone, digestive issues, and prostate issues are signs of that. When I began to take VSL3 (high grade probiotic) my testosterone increased, and the digestive issues became much better.

Have you looked into intestinal permeability and cross referenced that with your symptoms? Yakuh and I had a lot of success with a change in diet, and various support supplements. A good place to start looking here:

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... treatment/

Sat May 05, 2018 12:50 am

If you sit down to urinate, and let the urine hit the inside wall of the toilet (instead of the water) do you still see a lot of foam?

Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 am

freakinfrustrated wrote:
I asked my doctor about it and he said they dont know why some people have foamy urine. If you stand alot it could cause it as well. My urine didnt come back with protein either and it is like a pile of foam when i go.

Yes I stand most of the day. But the foam is always there in the morning and day and evening. And it has not stopped since the problems started. At least your doctor knows about it. My doctor said he doesn't know why. heh.

How long are you dealing with your problem? What are you taking? How is it progressing?

Sat May 05, 2018 1:09 am

It has been 1.5 years for me. I wont bore you with all the details but the "battling stupid condition" thread is mine and has all the details. Originaly there was burning After urination, constant urge to urinate, testical pain.....only symptoms left are redness of penis head that gets worse after ejaculation. Redness of meatus that swells after ejaculation and yellowish semen. Very little discomfort anymore. Looks worse than it feels.
Been on doxy, trim, moxi, azithro, cephalax, flagyl and a few others.

Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 am

bill_johnstl wrote:

I had the exact same symptoms for 8 or 9 years. I finally went to a gastronologist that diagnosed me with sibo and fungal infection in the gut. Once I get treated for this with xyfaxin and nystatin / flicanzole my gut symptoms went a away then my prostatitis symptoms faded.

The gastronologist and I hypothize that an antibiotic I took years ago triggered all of this. And throwing more antibiotics as the numerous urologist gave me made it all worse.

Additionally I try to follow a low carb low sugar diet as these foods feed the gut fungus and bacteria.

Additionally the prostatitis elevated psa and I had to endure biopsies and ct scans because of elevated psa and no cancer in prostate was ever found

Was it E Coli or H pylori or anything specific? How would one look for it? Also I have odd bowel movement. I keep worrying if its colon cancer or something. Started having it about the same time as all this started.

Sat May 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Now I have burning in my prostate area after urination. On top of that I feel this odd feeling of constipation like my gas is trapped. Even though i went just this morning. This is too much!!!

Sat May 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Httpmax, I've been through that. Turns out I had food allergies and what I was eating was inflaming my colon. When the inflammation occurred, my stools were odd as well, and almost always, my prostate would blow up at the same time. Dairy products made everything much worse. Defecation eventually became painful and would burn sometimes.

Sat May 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Httpmax, I've been through that. Turns out I had food allergies and what I was eating was inflaming my colon. When the inflammation occurred, my stools were odd as well, and almost always, my prostate would blow up at the same time. Dairy products made everything much worse. Defecation eventually became painful and would burn sometimes.

Hi Inflamed, thanks for your input. Are you also suffering with prostatitis problem too? All these new symptoms are truly freaking me out. In the past few weeks I started noticing that when I tried pass gas it would be harder to do so and when i pushed it out only one mini fart came out. and that happened for a while now. And today this trapped gas in rectum feeling. and i cant help but think its some kind of of colon cancer symptom and in full out panic. But actually im in full out panic for the past 3 months as this porstatitis hit me from all sides.

Did you have any of that or is it just me?

Sat May 05, 2018 10:23 pm

httpmax wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:

Was it E Coli or H pylori or anything specific? How would one look for it? Also I have odd bowel movement. I keep worrying if its colon cancer or something. Started having it about the same time as all this started.

When I had the colonoscopy and endoscopy the gastro doc took biopsies of my esophagus , stomach duodenum and colon - those biopsy samples were tested for sibio h-pylori and fungus. Sibo and a fungal infection was found. The gastro doc after the procedure asked if I had been taking lots of antibiotics and I said yes as urologists kept throwing antibiotics at me for the prostatitis. The xifaxin, nystatin and flucaonzole cured my gut probablems and urinary tract symptoms. And my psa has also gone down. Don’t be afraid get the colonoscopy. I am glad I did as they also found a non- cancerous polyp which was removed.

Sun May 06, 2018 12:49 am

bill_johnstl wrote:
httpmax wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:

When I had the colonoscopy and endoscopy the gastro doc took biopsies of my esophagus , stomach duodenum and colon - those biopsy samples were tested for sibio h-pylori and fungus. Sibo and a fungal infection was found. The gastro doc after the procedure asked if I had been taking lots of antibiotics and I said yes as urologists kept throwing antibiotics at me for the prostatitis. The xifaxin, nystatin and flucaonzole cured my gut probablems and urinary tract symptoms. And my psa has also gone down. Don’t be afraid get the colonoscopy. I am glad I did as they also found a non- cancerous polyp which was removed.

Wow im glad that worked out for you. And yes im terrified to go get checked out since i started having weird symptoms with my bowel movements. During this whole ordeal the bowel was all weird they say it could be IBS from stress but its become harder to pass gas and when i do only a little comes out now a days... not like the wholesome ones i had before. So im thinking maybe something is constricting the colon.. so yeah everything right now is a major point of panic this is an awful condition which is fueled by stress and pain.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 am

bill_johnstl wrote:
httpmax wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:

Would you be able to recall exactly what the regimen was for the anti fungals? What dosages, how long, how many a day?

Would immensely appreciate it, thanks.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:50 am

It was 2 — 5 day courses of flucanzole. 2 pills the first day and 1 pill for the next 4 days

The nystatin was a 10 day course. It’s a liquid taken every 6 hours.

By the way I think the Antibiotic cefdinar triggered this all 8 or 9 years ago and urologists kept throwing other antibiotics at me

Sun May 06, 2018 9:57 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
It was 2 — 5 day courses of flucanzole. 2 pills the first day and 1 pill for the next 4 days

The nystatin was a 10 day course. It’s a liquid taken every 6 hours.

By the way I think the Antibiotic cefdinar triggered this all 8 or 9 years ago and urologists kept throwing other antibiotics at me

Thanks for the response. You said your urinary symptoms subsided, were any of them:

-frequency
-feeling of retention or inability to completely void every time you urinated
-general weakness when trying to expel urine

Thanks.

Mon May 07, 2018 12:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]