Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Verumontanum hypertrophy, high bladder neck 

Post Verumontanum hypertrophy, high bladder neck
Hi all,

After the doctor asked me for a uroflowmetry which showed signs of obstruction he performed a cystoscopy and the results are as follows:

- Verumontanum hypertrophy, high\hypertrophy bladder neck, signs of urethra\bladder inflammation.

So I was awake throughout all procedure and when the tube passed thru the prostate area it was a living hell for me, but I had to see.

Overall the doctor told me that the main problem was the bladder neck and the verumontanum was blocking the urine and causing all the inflammation.

Anyone else with the same problem? The doctor couldnt tell me if it was caused by prostatitis or bph, however he did tell me that surgery could correct it but as I am too young (32 years old) I should have my kids first and then have the surgery. Im no doctor, but I know what I saw, and in fact the prostate urethra area was a mess and very blocked.

If anyone could give me any input regarding this I'd be very thankful.

Thanks.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 am

Post Re: Verumontanum hypertrophy, high bladder neck
I was diagnosed with high bladder neck, and obstruction. Scheduled for surgery in September, "resection of bladder neck"...scared but nothing is helping the issue so I feel like I have no other options left.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Well I am considering the same, as nothing helps. The latest theory from one of my doctors is to test my urine for BK (tuberculosis) as he suspects my urethritis is chronic and may be caused by it. I had already 6 urocultures and nothing was found apart ecoli in my sperm culture (none of abx that I took worked). Tried alpha blockers it didnt work aswell; nothing seems to work atm. So I am considering surgery as well, but my doctor is advising against it as I am too young and the chance of retrograde ejaculation is an issue. But hey, I can always store sperm and use it whenever I want kids again (already have one).

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 am

Yes the retrograde ejaculation is likely to happen. I am 51 and not planning on more kids, so not much of an issue for me.

I am suffering so I think I would opt for the surgery regardless of the consequences. Alpha blockers don't help me either, Flomax is Lowmax.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm

hi everybody.

you have still trouble urinary?

racebannon : you are treated ? your surgery was good? or you have still symptoms?

gdadealmeida : what about you?

Cordially

vince

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Have you guys been tested for fungal overgrowth? Just curious, might want to ask the uros the next time you see them. Candida can be a nightmare that is usually overlooked.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:00 pm

geeant:

I did have surgery but it has not fixed my problems. Now the doctor thinks I have a hypertonic pelvic floor...

Inflamed:

thank you for that suggestion, I will talk to the uro about it, never been tested, just the basic blood and urine tests which show nothing.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Ask him to give you a couple pills of diflucan, to see if it helps. Check to see if it interacts with your other meds though, before taking it.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Racebannon.

Ok, what were your problems or symptoms exactly? ( dysuria? starting urine very long? Often need to go to the toilettes)?

What were your surgery? ( open the bladder neck? Decrease the size of the veru montanum....)

I am surprise because your doctor seemed good ( it is not easy for a doctor to see a hypertrophy of veru montanum, most of them dont know it).

I dont think that you have an infection because you probably did a urine test before cystoscopy?? And that was negative i think.

Did you have or have you still troubles ejaculatory? ( flow low, low volume, not pressure...)

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:35 am

thanks again Inflamed... I will talk to the doc, wish there was a sure fire way to test for Candida.

Geeant:

My symptoms:

pelvic pain, below tailbone and just above pubic bone, frequency, weak stream, dribbling, do not empty bladder. Some days are so bad that I literally cannot sit in a chair at all due to extreme discomfort

Was tested for infection before cystoscopy. Surgery was incision of bladder neck. Basically he made the exit a bit larger. No problems with ejaculation but it doesn't feel like it used to.

Sounds like Prostatitis to me but uro says no.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:43 pm

racebannon ( sorry, i confused your history with gdadealmeida)

I am really surprised by what you said.

the rate success for the incision of bladder neck is very up. many people have had a great improvement or cure after this surgery.

probably that your problem wasn't the bladder neck.

but your problem seems different than gdadealmeida, his problem was the veru montanum.

you have sought in this direction? because you can find many articles which is dealing with that problem.

an inflammation of veru montanum is often mingled / confused with prostatitis

did you have pain during the cystoscopy in prostatic urethra area?

the slight trouble about the ejaculation, you had it before the surgery?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:08 am

Hi guys,

what about your problems?

can you make a feedback regarding your disorders urinary.

Regards,

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:36 am

geeant:

You can read my recent posts, still in pain, my next stop is the chronic pain clinic

my diagnosis is chronic pelvic pain caused by a misfiring of nerve signals of the central nervous system. Doctors are essentially unable to determine the cause/solution.

I have a symptom combo of prostatitis,proctaglia fugax, anal fissure, pudendal nerve trap, interstitial cystitis...I could go on....

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Good morning race,

Ok but yout problem was the bladder neck, you had a surgery for that. The flow urinary is more powerfull, have you a dysuria?

I have the feeling that your symptoms are the pain but not the flow urinary which is strong now??

Regads,

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 am

Geeant

overall I would say my flow has improved...it took 4 months after the surgery for me to start to notice an increase in flow.

However, in the last 6 weeks I have been getting the same pain/spasm/tightness in the bladder i had before the surgery. Some days okay, some days really bad. Best news is I have not had to go to emergency for Dysuria since December.

I believe my problem goes beyond the bladder neck, because I have the intense rectal spasm as well....pelvic floor malfunction..possibly opening the bladder neck has helped with overall flow, but not consistently.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 pm

ok so , i see that you have an improving about your symptoms.

regarding the pain, maybe you have to get more time to be rid of pains.

in all case , the flow urinary is more powerfull, so it is a good thing, you don't need to wait the starting to urinate.

in my opinion, the intervention is succeed regarding you.

you don't agreed with that?

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am

Do you think spasms come from dysfunctional muscle contractions/expansions? Try drinking 2-3 full glasses of ice water in a row and then immediately sit down to rest/relax for a half hour at least. I did that one morning and it reduced my perineum pain by more than half for a few hours.

Even ice baths are suggested for muscle spasms.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:18 am

I use ice packs, A LOT, ice does help.

Honestly I do not know the source or reason for the spasms...nerves? I have been told it is classic pelvic floor pain/dysfunction....the pelvic floor muscle spasms, causing a range if symptoms that get intermingled with prostatitis and a host of other diagnosis.

Geeant

You could say the surgery was a success, but the persistent pain is still there, it's considered chronic now, it has crashed life as I knew it. I pray the pain clinic can help me.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:44 pm

racebannon,

and regarding your ejaculation? do you have problem? the flow ejaculatory is better like before all your problems? very powerfull?

maybe your pain were caused by the bladder neck obstruction, and now, there is exist a hypertonicity of the pelvic floor?

regards,

Vincent

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 am

I have never had problems with ejaculation. Although recently, sometimes, my rectal muscle spasms when I ejaculate, not fun.

I'm very close to waving the white flag. Going for injections at the chronic pain clinic soon ( see other thread)

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]