Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 The power of neurogenic inflammation 

Post The power of neurogenic inflammation
A weird thing happened to me on Friday evening. Randomly about a 1sq-cm portion of my meatus all of a sudden became red and extremely sensitive. It was like all of a sudden I had a bad sunburn on that spot and there was redness and a little bit of puffiness. No reason for such a thing other than irritated nerves as I hadn't had sex in days and there were no lifestyle changes in recent times. It came on in a matter of an hour or two. I didn't panic because I knew it was probably just irritated nerves. Decided to ejaculate and sure enough a couple hours later it was all gone, like it never even happened.

Just goes to show the power of irritated nerves. Imagine the sunburn feeling inside your urethra or even on the prostate itself, and it's not hard to make the connection with neurogenic inflammation being one of the primary culprits f our pain. Haven't had much if any pain since Friday and the only difference is I ejaculated Friday and had sex on Saturday - all about the muscle tension and change in pelvic floor muscles due to ejaculation. I often feel worse with ejaculation but in this case it was the opposite.

Not a sermon...

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]