Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Infection or cyst trying to find out what is going on 

Post Infection or cyst trying to find out what is going on
Hi:
I have BPH and have just had a jump in my PSA level. This has happened before. Over about 18 years, this has happened 3 or 4 times and I am treated with an antibiotic and the infection goes away. Same symptoms high PSA, sore spot on the left apex of my prostate and my left testicle is sensitive to touch. However, I could always feel something like as small cyst on the apex of my prostate on the left side. The Doctor doesn't notice anything wrong with a digital exam, but I can feel it there. It has been there ever since the first was diagnosed. I have had a biopsy and nothing shows on an ultrasound. Every time I take antibiotics I can feel the antibiotic work in the apex area because I get burning sensation. Afterward, I can still feel the infection or cyst after the round of antibiotics, but my PSA level is down and my left testicle is no longer sensitive to touch.

Three weeks ago I was given a six week dosage of Ciprofloxacin (500 mg twice a day) to treat the recent bout of prostatitis. I have never used this drug before. The same thing happened I can feel the antibiotic burn in left apex area and my left testicle becomes sensitive. However, this time I started to feel pressure on the apex area along with a more intense burning sensation. After two weeks, my left testicle was no longer sensitive. Two nights ago, I felt the pressure in the lower apex of my prostate suddenly go away. It felt like it was draining. Sort of like when an infection burst and the pressure is relieved. The cyst or infection I can feel anymore on the left side, but the burning sensation from the antibiotic is still there. The intensity of the burning sensation is still there, but comes and goes and seems to be getting less intense. It seems Cipro is working well.

I've done some research on protistic cysts, but can't really make a determination of what I have. Seems to be very little information about individuals with similar symptoms. I know a cyst can cause Prostatitis, but because is the burning sensation takes place in an area on the adjacent to the prostates and it doesn't seem to be are where other surrounding glands or ducts are located. I thought maybe infection or cyst was located in the Cowper's gland and spread the infection up thru the urethra. I haven't ruled this out, but I just don't know. All I can say is there is a burning sensation in the same area, but the little lump was on the lower left apex of the prostate seems to have gone.

I would just like to know if someone has had a similar experience and if they can tell if they have any idea what is going on with this infection? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:07 am

Post Re: Infection or cyst trying to find out what is going on
The pain, and in particular the burning and sharper pains, I get in my perineum / prostate are more frequently on the left and lower. From reading I've done, even in the absence of bacterial infection, a sore and inflammation can develop that is caused by one or a number of factors: dead cells accumulating in the area or nearby, oversensitized nerves (mast cells, which are at the nerve endings), high uric acid or other acidification, toxins produced by normal microflora, yeast, and oxidative stress. Bacterial infection that has resolved or diminished can also result in problems after which persist. I too think I have a sore or something, and one of the ideas I have to cure it is to alter my urinary tract health to allow healing and decrease pain and other symptoms effectively enough to prevent it post-cure. I think each doctor / therapist proactively assesses based on the approaches / methods they can do. That's one of the reasons it's so important to do my own research and inquiry.

You could attempt to fight it by drinking almost only water and eating more fruits and vegetables that contain high levels of B vitamins. The reading I've done implicated B vitamins are immune supporting and boosting, and are found more in foods that don't have high amounts of acids. The water could neutralize pH, and decrease oxidative stress, along with a cleansing effect. It could require a month or two to notice the results, but I think it would be worth it. I'm going to try it myself. Do you observe when and how long you get increased pain? specifically, is it before/after eating/drinking certain things, doing certain things?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:18 am

I only get pain when taking the antibiotic.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 am

Sometimes taking antibiotic for other illnesses causes inflammation, so it might be a similar issue you're having. It can also be the bacteria reacting to the abx, releasing chemicals or doing something that causes the burning. Do you take the antibiotics with food, or only a drink? The -oxacin drugs are powerful, and several were once used to treat anthrax exposure problems. The idea it is the action of the Cipro or other drugs isn't far fetched. Have you done a text search in this forum for your specific problem(s)?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]