Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Need Advice: Oral Sex No Condom - STD to CBP? 

Post Need Advice: Oral Sex No Condom - STD to CBP?
43 year old male. Previously excellent health.

15 December 2017 I received a BJ with no condom from a female massage 'professional' while on a business trip. By 25 December I was peeing every 20 minutes and it felt like I had a razor blade in my penis and a constant need to urinate and clear discharge dripping everywhere. Pain level of 1-5 scale was at 4/5. Went to the STD clinic and PCR test showed "mycoplasma hominis and ureaplasma urealyticum". The pain was so bad I had high blood pressure and felt weak.

I had never heard of these before and the nurse said they were easily cured with antibiotics. Given 15 days of Levofloxacin and doxycycline and a "1-shot" of Azithromycin and a 5-day course of tinidazole. I took them all. After 15 days (mid January 2018) it seemed as if I were cured and a valuable lesson learned as I had no idea you could catch an STD from oral sex. Still some dripping after urination but I figured this was too much coffee or nerves after this incident which I confessed to my wife (who thankfully did not divorce me) - but mentally I was in despair and self loathing over a stupid BJ.

But then around middle of February all of my symptoms returned (sharp pain in penis shaft, frequent urination, burning after ejaculation, full bladder feeling) after restarting sex with my wife (sex 3 x in 1 week - no condom). On pain level of 1-5 pain was at 3 going to 4.

I went to a Urologist who did a prostate massage and cultured an antibiotic resistant mycoplasma hominis that was only susceptible to minocycline and resistant to the following antibiotics:

Clindamycin
Erythromycin
Josamycin
Clarithromycin
Ofloxacin
Pefloxacin
Doxycycline
Tetracycline

Because Minocycline is not available here, he prescribed me doxycycline and ciprofloxacin for 25 days each. This controlled the symptoms but still some pain in tip of penis and some dripping after urination. Also some pain in tendons. After finishing these Antibiotics 25 day course, symptoms started returning so he then put me on 10 days Moxiofloxacin and then 10 more days Doxy while we waited for the minocycline to be imported which arrived 24 March. (100mg 2 x a day). He stopped the moxiofloxacin as I was having more tendon pain. Also, he said at this point I had become a 'chronic' bacterial prostatitis patient and he wasn't sure the minocycline would work? DRE has prostate still 'boggy' feeling and slightly enlarged (though it has gone down from when I first saw him.)

So now I have been only on the minocycline for about 10 days and am feeling better: pain in tip of penis is going down (but still some pain), still some pain after ejaculation, still some dripping after I finish peeing, but mentally feeling better. Pain level is at 1 (maybe 2 after ejaculation). However, the doctor wants me to stop the minocycline after 10 more days (so total 20 days on minocycline) and do a massage and culture my prostate fluid. I think I should stay on the minocycline for at least 8 weeks total without stopping and should import more now (slow process) and then we do a prostate fluid culture. He also prescribed me some heavy pain meds which I am not taking (Lyrica).

I now realize how little doctors know about these mycoplasma STDs and their resistance to antibiotics. It's really scary. My stomach is OK (taking probiotics and eating less meat) and also taking ProstatExcell.

I think I just need to stay on the minocycline for at least 8 weeks. What do you guys think?

Last edited by AC1972 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 am

Post Re: Need Advice: Oral Sex No Condom - STD to CBP?
Congrats on getting identified pathogens, that is half the battle! Eradicate them, then repair your gut after you're finished.

Avocados for glutamine / gut repair, high grade probiotics, omega 3s to take down inflammation. Avoid sugars. Various other things that also work well, like prebiotics, turmeric, etc.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Good lord you could have written the same story about me...extramarital BJ and the rest is history. It's been almost 3 yrs now and a bazillion abxs later I'm still not cured. I have no idea what the solution is, other than that it has improved over time, albeit at a glacial pace. I never tested positive for mycoplasma though, and even if I had, 12 weeks of Moxifloxacin + azithromycin should have killed it x100. No advice, but you have my sympathies. I often consider that perhaps this is just my punishment in life for having "stepped out". Eventually you get used to it and it's just a daily part of you. I've come to learn that, as annoying as it is, it's not the end of the world. There are far worse chronic conditions to be stuck with. It still sucks though, no doubt.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Post 6 April: Update
Good evening Boys. Quick update. Good News.

I am on day 14 of the minocycline (100mg x 2 a day) - pain levels are down to 1 (on scale of 1 to 5) and I am having big breaks (2-3 hours) where it doesn't feel like someone is pinching the tip or underside of my penis. Pain seems to be localized to right side of penis when I feel it.

I am still having some terminal dribbling and frequent urination, but only 1 time every 2-3 hours now. It still takes 3-6 seconds to get flow and flow strength is now 60% of what it used to be. The duration is still short - 12-18 seconds to finish urination. There is still this weird very slight burning/stinging sensation that comes and goes in the uretha. This burning seems to be more prevalent between 9 AM and Noon. Oddly, it goes away during lunch, then comes back after around 2 pm.

I did a small experiment and the last 4 nights I masturbated 2x in the evening about 3 hours apart - no major discomfort and things seem to be functioning better. Ejaculation seems stronger and sperm is less viscous than when I was on the Doxy and Moxiofloxacin (it was thicker like jelly then). I woke up with morning wood the other day - a first in several months.

As I need to import miniocycline, and it takes a few weeks, I've just ordered a re-supply as I run out of it on 18 March (the feeling is like running out of ammo in a war zone). It seems there will be a 3-day delay as my new order won't arrive until 21 March. While I am worried about the break in the antibiotic campaign, I will take that 3 day break as time to get a prostate culture and DNA scan on the morning of 21 March. The new order will be for 50 days (100 mg x 2 a day).

@prostate454 - yes, if you can PM me I'd like to chat to compare notes. I've read your story. Very similar to mine. This is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy - it's not just the physical pain, but also the mental and emotional pain of myself and the emotional pain my wife goes through. It's as close to hell as I can imagine.

I have found this forum to be the best on the internet and find that knowing I am not alone helps. If you guys know of any other forums or resources, please let me know. God bless you all. This is a tough road to hoe but we are here now. I plan to make the best of this bad situation - I needed a new hobby and I suck at golf. Besides, I always wanted to be a doctor.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 am

April 4 - went to Uro today who did a prostate massage. Fluid was clear. This is massage #4. While not a pleasant experience, I do find that for the next 24 hours after a massage I am almost 'normal'. The first massage (#1) was so painful I wept and my dick felt like it had a razor blade in it for a couple of days... Fluid back then was yellow. Doctor said prostate is feeling closer to normal now. He agreed that I should stay on the minocycline for at least 2 more weeks and possibly longer.

He also had me sit in a 'magnetic' chair that uses magnetic impulses to stimulate the pelvic floor. I haven't had time to research this or see if it really helps, but so far he has been pretty good in his treatment so I gave it a whirl. It was a bit weird at first as it almost feels like an electric shock that lasts 6 seconds - he set me up for a 30 minute session and I got in some good visualization and even was able to meditate for 10 minutes...I will go back in a few days for another session as it brought me some ease of mind. Anyone else use the magnetic stimulation chair for their pelvic muscles before?

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:41 am

Uh oh. After an almost perfect day yesterday, symptoms started to come back after dinner. In researching, it appears I should be taking minocycline on an empty stomach. Will update again in day.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 pm

The best thing to do is after you take the meds is masterbate or have sex about 45min to a hour... That way you open the prostate and the new fully medicated blood rush in that area.. Helped me a lot...

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Doctor had prescribed minocycline with food. He was wrong. It works best on an empty stomach and one should not eat for at least 1 hour after taking minocycline.

Apparently the same is true for doxycycline.

I suppose better learned late than never.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Ok, so the timing of when I eat and when I take Antibiotics is crucial. Wish I had learned this 4 months ago.

I fasted 2 hours before taking my 100mg tab at 7 AM. I messed up and ate a huge breakfast at 8:00 AM at work though. I think the trick is for me to fast 2 hours BEFORE and AFTER I take my antibiotics. So I ate another big meal at 2 pm - pretty full feeling still all day but I think my stomach is empty. Then took 6 PM tab (100mg) and am going to skip dinner. I think I need to eat lighter but I noticed an improvement in symptoms with today's fasting.

Peace to all.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Timing when I take the minocycline is having great effect - fasting 2 hours before and after taking.

Today I had a prostate massage and spent 30 minutes in the magnetic impulse chair (Magnetic Pelvic Floor Muscle Rehabilitation)

I had a very vivid and detailed dream the other night and I was totally normal in my dreams. I woke up to a hurting penis tip/ball sack and I realized I was still in my living nightmare LOL.

As of now, new treatment plan is to continue with minocycline (100mg x 2 with 2 hour fasts before and after) for at least 6 weeks to insure I've killed this mycoplasma that is hiding out in my prostate. Will also go for weekly prostate massage and chair...expensive and insurance doesn't cover it, but it seems to be helping.

I have the feeling there is this bug inside of me like some kind of alien.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:21 am

Minocycline is actually a very dangerous antibiotic. However, if you have not had any adverse side effect yet then you should be fine.

One antibiotic most people don't know about, including your doctor, is pristinamycine. This is actually 2 antibiotics in 1: dalfopristine-quinupristine.

It's not available in many countries, and it's considered a 3rd line treatment for mycoplasma genitalium. If minocycline is kind of working, you probably just need to be on it for more time. The fact that a tetracycline is effective is good news for you.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 pm

@hi00: All of my life I have said that all antibiotics are dangerous and have gone out of my way to avoid them. In the last 4 months I've consumed more antibiotics than I have in the previous 4 decades of my life! No side effects from the minocycline - maybe a bit more tininutis (which I have already) but I'll take that any day over the pain in my prostate/penis/scrotum.

I have the mycoplasma Hominis bug - which is supposed to be less persistent than a mycoplasma genitalium - which is scary to think about. My Uro has said the Mycoplasmas are a wolf in sheep's clothing that many men aren't aware of. No kidding I said. I wish someone had told me about these things before. If my wife divorces me I'll become a monk. If she stays with me I'll never stray again. What a nightmare.

So far the minocycline seems to be working much better with the fasting pre/post taking my tabs. Pain has gone down considerably - thank you Jesus the pinching feeling at the end of my penis has gone away and is now replaced with a very slight burning which gets worse only when I need to pee (which thankfully is only ever 1-3 hours now depending on fluid intake).

Do you think it makes sense to have a prostate fluid culture when I am on the minocycline or shall I just wait until the end of this six-week course?

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 am

Continuing minocycline for another 3 weeks.

Big improvements on pain but still have frequent urination (15 second durations and if I hold (painful) it I can max have a 25 second flow). Burning feeling in uretha is going away and very faint now. Either way, still some dripping. Doctor thinks that we've killed the bacteria and that the prostate inflammation will take a bit of time to go down. Doctor prescribed an Alpha blocker as I am traveling a lot. Up next is another culture and a DNA test and should have those results in a few days.

I've also started working out again. Focusing on getting my core stronger.

Have down a few sessions on the magnetic pelvic rehab chair - but insurance won't pay for those so may discontinue.

Continuing with the prostate massage - weekly which helps tremendously.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:47 pm

28 April. Have just received results from culture/DNA scan of prostate fluid. All clear on bacteria. Doctor says we've killed the mycoplasma/ureaplasma.

However, I still have very, very faint images of pain in the tip of the penis from time to time. (like now). When I am stressed they really flare up. Urinations have increased to a duration of about 18-20 seconds...had a 27 second urination the other day. Doctor says the prostate still has some inflammation that may take months to go down.

Burning and pain in uretha has gone away. I still feel a bit 'leaky' from time to time and the pain is going down - like I said, almost feels like a ghost when it comes.

I am going to continue the minocycline for 2 more weeks to make sure I have killed any hiding/lurking/dormant bacteria. Also I will continue the weekly prostate massage for 2 more weeks.

The journey continues...

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:33 am

1 May - not sure if it is because I received an all clear on paper, but have felt perfectly normal last 48 hours. have another day on the minocycline and then we will see what happens. That will be the acid test. Ejaculation today was basically normal in quantity, viscosity and force.

Tue May 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Hey AC1972, where did you get the PCR test done? What lab? I'm considering PCR as well.

Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

@ inflamed: PM Sent

I was going to stop with the antibiotics today as I feel cured...but then I started thinking - I've only been on the minocycline for 30 days (4 weeks). Ok, so PCR tests and everything came back clean. Feeling good. There is still a little pain after ejaculation but the doctors think its just an inflammation that will go down over time.

Doctors think I can stop taking the minocycline....but then I thought, what if there is one of those bacteria hiding out in the prostate and they regroup.....so I will take the minocycline for at least one more week (100mg 2 x a day so total will be 35 days (5 weeks).

I have also scheduled my wife to take a PCR screen. Besides costing a lot of money, my wife was more than a little pissed off about this. Major argument about who and how this started. Finally was able to book and pay for test.

The mental/emotional nightmare continues...but the physical pain has 97% completely gone away.

Thu May 03, 2018 5:29 am

Quick update: stopped minocycline and prostate massages 2 weeks ago. No major improvements or flare ups though I feel a very small amount of pain has come back and it seems there are a few more drops after I finish urinating then before. If i ejaculate some pain for the next 12 hours or so.

Urologist says this is just the prostate inflammation and I need to accept it. Issued pain meds and alpha blockers.

Waiting for wife's results of culture. What a nightmare that was getting her tested. If I gave her my mycoplasma she is going to kill me.

Have been very busy with work and haven't been able to focus on this.

Plan is to dig deep on reading as I am convinced there is still some bacteria in there somewhere that is causing the last bit of pain and dripping.

Am starting the apple cider vinegar shot in the morning in the meantime. Will re-start prostate massages as well.

Fri May 25, 2018 2:43 am

Weird. Was having some pinching pain all day yesterday. Then took a 500mg Tumeric pill, 1 prostaexcell pill and 1 evervescent aspirin. Knocked back the pain completely.

Wife is still totally mad at me (going on 6 months) and so I drowned my sorrows in 2 beers after dinner. Since getting my mycoplasma infection, normally beer has always caused me to pee more and triggered pinching pain...but last night, nothing.

Woke up this morning. Little pinching pain all day---barely noticeable. Just repeated a 500mg Tumeric pill and1 prostaexcell pill (no aspirin). And that seems to have done the trick.

My wife wants to start having sex again, but until I get the results of my Micrgen Test I will keep myself in quarantine. I am also going to keep reading and researching. I feel like I may have stopped my minocycline too early. I've just read that some people have been on it for 9 months to beat back mycoplasma infections.

Sat May 26, 2018 9:20 am

Use a rubbers man, probably just non-lube latex. I read somewhere that spermicide and penile flora aren't friendly.

Sun May 27, 2018 12:18 am

Update: 6 months into the fight.

I have gone through the mycoplasma information you guys posted. Thanks. Some great info in there. I now believe that while I am testing “all clear” that I must have some kind of biofilm built up from my Antibiotic resistant Mycoplasma Hominis. Still have some pain in the penis tip, which uros think is from inflammation of prostate.

My wife’s tests came back clean. My wife immediately wanted to have unprotected sex which I declined. I am having a hard time getting her to understand this is a very serious issue I have. The last thing I want to do is put her in this hell. The more I read about mycoplasmas the more horrified I become...

Current plan is to re-test on 5 June with the MicroGen kit and also do a control test and 7-day culture. By then I will have been off the antibiotics for about 30 days. I expect those tests to come back clean.

Meanwhile, for past week I have been taking 1 large tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar with water in the AM and PM. Also taking “Bio Garlic” in the AM/PM. Each tablet has 300mg garlic powder providing 4.5mg of alliin. Hopefully this provides the garlic benefit without the smell.

Interestingly enough, this vinegar/garlic has brought the post antibiotic pain down considerably and I think it is working. This positive result has made me more open to herbal and natural remedies. I am going to go down the herbal route for 30-90 days. Next up is I am going to start with a biofilm defense. Any suggestions on dealing with biofilms or herbal remedies?

While I have a small reserve of minocycline (15 days worth at 200mg per day), I am terrified to use it until I get 45 days stock in and I am on a biofilm protocol - this bug has evolved quite quickly on me.

The problem is the minocycline takes away the pain and my nightmare is I relapse and then run out of bullets and get overrun.

Wed May 30, 2018 4:10 pm

If it were me I'd stop reading about mycoplasmas and listen to your wife. How long have you been on abxs now? And have you tested clean multiple times? At the very least draw a line in the sand and when you come back clean on your 6/5 test then move on and do what your wife wants.

Thu May 31, 2018 6:45 am

AC,I agree with above comment.

This coming from someone just like you went negative with Ureaplasma, still symptoms.

Look, do protected sex for a few months. Do a few more PCR tests. If all neg, move on man.

Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 am

AC, another poster found success with an herbal product (which is a bio film buster) called NAC, or N-Acetyl Cysteine. It is pretty acidic though, so I'd take it with alkaline water and mashed potatoes or something. Iirc he mixes it with lime (not the fruit), which reduces the acidity.

NAC also completely stops post nasal drip, if you have a cold, it's pretty cool.

Thu May 31, 2018 10:16 am

It seems there are quite a few prostatitis suffers who, like me, pick up an Sexually Transmitted Infection, take the antibiotics and then while they receive an all clear on the test for cure, still have symptoms remaining.

Remaining symptoms must mean that there are still bacteria hiding out in the prostate and causing inflammation.

So where are they hiding?

I would assume that the bacteria are in some sort of biofilm where they can't be picked up by the testing.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next