Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Phages journey 

Post Re: Phages journey
I remember reading a historical account of WW1, and WW2 medicine, prior to the antibiotic age. Supposedly it was a common thing that sailors, and gi's would end up with gonorrhea from flings they had overseas, or even here in the US. Many of them would let the condition go due to embarrassment, general toughness, and resistance to going to a doctor. However, when things got bad enough, to the doctors they would go, especially after prostatitis developed.

That's when the account got interesting. Supposedly these doctors would prescribe a treatment of catheterization with silver nitrate (which kills everything), once daily, or every other day for 5 or 6 weeks until the soldiers were clear. Also, testing techniques back then were very interesting and seemingly accurate from what the account stated (either that, or doctors were much more competent, which is very possible).

I'm surprised Toth and Bahn haven't tried this with direct injections instead of the antibiotic cocktail, it'd probably work better.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am

-----

Last edited by prostatest on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

dom_hend wrote:
Do they need to get in the blood though directly?

When you instill ABX in urethra, naturally they travel down the urethra and reach the prostate/bladder. Bacteria live on/around our tissues, not the bloodstream itself = otherwise we'd be septic. If the abx gets in there thru urethra, its hits the bacteria directly and will eventually get absorbed into the tissues/blood.

When I was doing IV Cipro, the nurse by accident burst my vein and basically injected the entire dose of IV abx into my arm tissue. I had a huge bump, but over 45 minutes the body absorbed it. Wouldnt in theory the same thing happen if you injected abx on top of the prostate tissues so to say, it would get absorbed by it....I don't know.

I don't see how "injecting" abx into the urethra would be nearly as effective as just taking them orally. It's not about getting the abx into the bloodstream just for the sake of having it in the bloodstream, it needs to get transported into plasma that ends up in the prostate. The bump from your IV was only dissipated because the cipro was transported away from the injection site by the circulatory system as it systemically went through your body. You might have success by injecting the abx into the prostate itself which is still controversial as noted by the dozens of posts on this site on the subject, but just squirting some in your urethra and expecting it to penetrate deeply into the prostate would be an uncomfortable waste of time and money.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 pm

jonjon wrote:
i have heard different things from different people i know of someone in poland who will go to wroclaw to give it a go.it appears that if u have a bacteria in a semen culture you have a problem or in a prost fluid culture too.sorry i cant be of more help.i can post you there experience if it helps but itll take some time

Hi jonjon

Are you still in contact with the person from poland? Would be nice if you posted his experience at the Wroclaw center.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi
The Albanian dr who uses heat probe does the rectal route for abx. He is researching abx supps. Don’t know how he is doing. Says he has cured many hundreds of patients with it. Weoclaw uses phages the rectal route as well (used oral before, but swithed to rectally) guess they had better results rectally?
I think it should be possible to administer abx via the urethra, as they do when they check your bladder with the camera, it should be possible to shoot up some abx at the same time? They do bladder installations, so why not prostate installation? Maybe the abx could be prepared somehow, so they stick and infiltrate the prostate tissues better?
If I could spare my stomach from abx and use supps, I would have no problem with that. Maybe it is even possible to use less abx if treated rectally. The Albanian dr does think that.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 am

Hey guys,

I have prostatitis since 1 year and my cultures always show enterococcus faecalis.

Does anyone here have experience with the Phage therapy in Warsaw?

Would be closer and more affordable for me than the one in Georgia.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3