Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Prostatitis Keeps Coming Back 

Post Prostatitis Keeps Coming Back
Hello, I’ve been having issue with a bona fide case of prostatitis. I originally had a flare up 5 years ago and it came out of nowhere (although I think it may have been triggered by falling on ice). The pain in my penile head was excruciatingly bad. I had taken ciproflaxin numerous times after seeing numerous doctors yet it didn’t get better. Then one time, after ejaculation, it just went away.

Fast forward to last summer I had a car accident and three days later the symptoms slowly returned. This time I could literally feel my prostate inflamed inside me. The pain was unreal. I was put on Cipro for 6 weeks. I started having side effects from the medicine so I had to come off it and take an antianxiety medicine. I switched urologists and was put on Doxycycline. It improved slightly. Ejaculation helped but I couldn’t do it more than weekly. Eventually the symptoms subsided but I went to see a urologist by me (I’m in the NYC region) and he placed me on augmentin for 3 weeks and on naproxen. I saw him again Tuesday and when he checked he said my prostate was better. I ejaculated Thursday and Friday through today my penile area has been sensitive but not quite painful yet.

What can I do to treat this? I take pumpkin seed oil and zyflammend daily. I’ve looked into pelvic floor issues but I’m not sure if I have those. What other treatments have worked?

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Post Re: Prostatitis Keeps Coming Back
myofascial trigger point therapy

Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]