Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New to the Board. Blood in Semen 

Post New to the Board. Blood in Semen
All,

I am new to the board. I posted this once and must have done something wrong so if it shows up twice please accept my apologies.

I had had CP of 13 years or so. Started after I was catheterized. I am 56 YOA white.

Coffee seems to be my main trigger so I try to avoid. Over the course of the last 6 months I have had a few flares ups and one time even had full blown fever and chills--this rarely happens so it was a bit of a surprise.

After each of these flare ups--all driven by coffee intake--I have had episodes of blood in my semen. On the first two occasions I stopped drinking coffee and the blood resolved. The third time was just yesterday so nothing has resolved yet.

I have read that this is almost always benign and caused by stones or just irritation. The purpose of my post is too seek any advice offered here. Really just looking for some level of reassurance or not....

thoughts...?

Best,

Glenn

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Post Re: New to the Board. Blood in Semen
I’ve urinated a red stream before. I’ve had blood in semen. Never been anything found that would have caused it other than prostatitis. Probably nothing to be concerned about if this is something you’ve had previously. If you’re concerned about it though I would make an appt for a check up.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 pm

thanks so much

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:38 pm

So about two weeks ago it turned to a chocolate brown. Never had this happen. Assuming this is now oxidized blood, older blood. I think it is getting lighter brown in color ..... any other thoughts. And thank you....

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 am

Curious if you ever had a scope done? I did during the time period I saw blood frequently and nothing was found but still it’s one option to consider. Yes blood is usually due to irritation or at least that’s what I’ve been told but you should run this past your family Dr just for peace of mind.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Never had a scope done. Had not much trouble and then 8 ish weeks ago had a severe bout of prostatis. Fever etc. then the blood started then stopped and started again.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 pm

The scope for me was painless although like any invasive procedure comes with a risk. Still the risk is small when you consider how many are done. You could have some bloodwork done, especially to check kidney function to make sure all is ok. You need to make the Dr aware of it regardless. In my case when I have a question or concern I use email to get answers but not sure if you have that option.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Thank you. I actually know my kidney function is fine based on other testing I had done a while ago. My globular filtration rate isn’t very normal. I am going to give a doc a call and get everything this looked at. I appreciate your support.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Should have said is very normal

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm

So weeks later, I am finally on the mend. The brown semen is very much diminishing and is almost clear again. So I went from basically blood filled semen to brown semen--totally brown--completely brown--in a bout two weeks. The step I took to get me back to brown (from basically blood) was stopped drinking alcohol and stopped taking any caffeine. This took two weeks.

About a week later, I noticed the brown was turning a light tan and finally is almost white again--not quote but close.

Not sure if the stoppage of caffeine and alcohol was important but it seemed to have helped.

Long time to heal but am almost back to 100% normal

Thank you for your support!

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 pm

That happened to me once, a long time ago. I felt a sharp pain and it seemed like something also popped inside me during sex with a girl I was dating at the time. Then there was bloody ejaculation for a while after that. I withheld on sex for a couple weeks after the incident, then everything went back to normal. I am thinking a blood vessel probably just burst or something.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]