Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Quorum Sensing 

Post Quorum Sensing
]When I'm not busy with school or work, I spend my at least one hour a day dedicated to "research". I limit myself to one hour to prevent myself from slowly losing my sanity after reading posts like, "there's no cure and my life is over". C'mon guys. Yeah it sucks but please don't post derelict stuff on the forums you read, it's extremely discouraging and doesn't help anyone.

So I was in my microbiology lecture yesterday and my Professor brought up a concept called Quorum Sensing. Long story short, quorum sensing is where certain strains of bacteria release electrical signals called autoinducers that increase in concentration as a function of cell density. In other words, it is cell-cell communication between bacteria which allows them to form biofilms.

During class I immediately began to google Quroum Sensing inhibitors. Here's what I learned and pieced together...

You see, plants unlike humans, rely on harsh chemicals that they secrete to maintain symbiosis between bacteria, fungi and viruses. They don't have an active immune system like humans with antibodies. Rather, their cell walls and the chemical compounds they produce inhibit quorum sensing characteristics between bacteria. If they can't talk, then they can't form bio films...biofilm are the sole reason why antibiotics do not work.

If conventional antibiotics do not work on us, why don't we attack bacteria similarly to the way plants do. We suppress the virulence of the bacteria by removing its defenses; then we attack!

The site below addresses Quorum Sensing and the various Quorum Sensing inhibitors one can take. Quercetin is amongst the list as well as taxifolin, which is dihydroquercetin. Many of the inhibitors are flavonoids, which we find in colorful foods that we eat. Flavones, give raw foods their color! All of the inhibitors listed in the article have [color=#0000BF][color=#0000BF][color=#000080][/color][/color][/color]linked resources in case you folks are feeling skeptical. http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... nhibitors/

So my action plan for next week is: When I get paid next week, I'm going to try a celery/carrots/blueberry smoothie drink for a few days while taking Quercetin (ordered yesterday). In the evenings, I'll take propolis honey with a ginger steeped tea as well, solely because ginger is fucking delicious. While doing this, I plan on placing my body into ketosis. For those of you who don't know what ketosis is, I highly suggest researching what exactly it is. You deplete your sugar and carb intake and you lower your glycogen levels so that your body begins to feed off your fat and lipid reserves.http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... MC2369671/ I will also take this with N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC). NAC is an amino-acid with anti-inflammatory properties. NAC supposedly inhibits the growth of Enteroccocus as well, which was found with a heavy growth in my semen. I plan on taking this with TUMS as its efficacy is best at a pH of 11. Plus, acidic stuff hurts my tummy. http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... /22152626/ I don't think that this will cure me, but I do believe that it will keep the inflammation at bay and that it will prevent me from developing the dreaded calcifications one can get if their infections last too long.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Post Re: Quorum Sensing
Good plan. I need quercetin again.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]