Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Has been happening for about 3 months 

Post Has been happening for about 3 months
All started when I ejaculated one time and the tip of my penis was burning for weeks then I started getting left scrotum pain like a throb it comes in spells I get it most days doesn’t sting when I pee but after going for a pee it’s stings or sometimes feel like a cold sensation on my tip when drinking water it does help for about a hour then comes back even when I wake in the morning no feeling as soon as I pee it all starts been tested for STI all clear got urologist next Tuesday I’m 22 always suffered from health anxiety so I went back on citalopram I’m so scared to think it’s prostatits if he gives cirpro do I take them I read that it makes it worse

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am

Post Re: Has been happening for about 3 months
I would cut all the anxiolytics. I suspect that some psychiatric drugs can trigger or worsen a chronic prostatitis.

I don't have the technical details to back this but from pure empirical facts I can tell that the anxiolytics messed with my prostate, lowered my libido and had a bad influence in my ability to have orgasms.

I also suffer from anxiety which fluctuates over the days and I don't take those drugs because it's worse the "remedy" than the problem. They really don't know the full spectrum of our body/mind that those drugs affect. It's better to stay away from them.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 am

I’ve read a lot that they can help stress can cause your flare ups

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am

Stress can cause flare-ups. But those medicines have the risks that are listed for them. If you experience new symptoms while taking them, especially ones that cause stress and/or anxiety, then it would likely be a good idea to talk to the doctor about lessening dose or changing to a different one, or stopping them and trying something different.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Last time I went to emergency, when my bladder was literally on fire, the doc prescribed citalopram. She said it could reduce pain.

I think it's prescribed once all other causes are ruled out..ie...no infection, prostate normal...

The docs don't know why you are suffering, so hit the patient with the brain drugs.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 pm

Cipro may cause some patients to have side effects. But my side effects (leg and joint pain) went away after stopping the cipro. I believe it is a usefull drug for a lot of things and does not affect everyone the same way. Alot of doctors still prescribe it.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 am

Cipro is useful for a lot of things, for example, it seems especially good at crippling people.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]