Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 How to obtain removal from uro 

Post How to obtain removal from uro
Hi everyone,

I wonder if after years of suffering (enterococcus bacterial case) anyone has considered removal ? and if yes I assume most urologists don't want to do it. Has anyone managed to approach the subject or convince the uro of removal ?

I feel like if I failed all the options, taking the 50% ED 10% Incontinence risk would not be absurd (not suited for everyone I guess).

I know that Krongrad and another clinic in the UK do it, but 1/ it is very expensive 2/ i would feel safer in a local hospital or with my long time uro, but afraid we would never consider it and it makes me very sad to know this last resort can be "refused" to you...

Please let me know any insights!

Thank you,
A

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Post Re: How to obtain removal from uro
We have no objective measure of how well it works, the Krongrad study was never published as far as I know which is a bad sign. I suggest you try something which isn't surgery. I found homeopathy useful for the prostatitis, to my surprise. The answers are out there.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:16 am

The chance of finding a Urologist willing to remove a non cancerous prostate are slim at best. Other than the one already mentioned, and I agree with what Chris said. You would essentially be replacing one problem with the likelihood of another, along with a huge medical bill. Surgery should always be a last resort.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Hey IWill, I also was diagnosed with enterococcus, no antibiotics worked. Diflucan (antifungal) did though, it took 18 days of 150mg per day to clear it up. If it's fungal, you have to change your diet also, if you're eating tons of sugar, and processed carbs, it can grow back.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 pm

If you're able to pay for surgery, you may likely be cured by phage therapy or an unblocking treatment that's performed in China by at least a few clinics. I suggest trying a search online for those, and perhaps other options may show up too.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am

Do not go to any of the Chinese clinics

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:02 am

I agree with WS1234. There have been bad stories about people going to China for injections, they're possibly out to scam western people with more money than sense.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi Inflamed, what do you mean by Fungal ? Seems to me that enterococcus is bacteria not fungus ?

Btw how much amoxicilin did you try ? Mine will be 6g/day to be able to get reasonnable concentrztion in prostate.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear what you have been going through. My honest opinion and what i know is no Urologist is going to remove your prostate. Only if cancerous and no other options is left.
Yep Krongrad will probably remove as that's what he does and you will pay through your nose without regard to your long range prognosis as don't know if he will explain the side effects of having it removed and what you will suffer with even more then you do now. So think carefully before you make that move.

All the best.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks for your answers ! What are the side effects except the potential ED (very likely I understand) and the 15% chance of staying incontinent ?

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:54 am

I suffer from an enterococcus infection as well. Dude, you need to calm down and NOT resort to organ removal. It's not a cure! Why cause yourself further complications too? I have been taking a few supplements to keep my neuropathic pain at bay.

I take:
1) Omega 3 Fish oil 3 a day
2) Vitamin D 10,000 IU in the morning
3) N-Acetyl-Cysteine 600mg 4 times a day
4) Quercetin 400mg twice a day

The combination of flavonoids, with vitamin D and amino acids has helped me. I had a TRUS one month ago (5 months of having an infection) and my prostate weighs 21 grams and revealed no calcifications.

The only cure for an enterococcus infection I believe is to receive phage therapy. I plan on visiting Tbilisi, Georgia to get treated.

Eat lightly, stay away from acidic foods and try to eat an alkaline diet.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Thank you for the insights, will try some of those supplements, already taking Quercetin 300mg x4 daily which seems to alleviate symptoms slightly.

For the removal, I've seen that there are complications but it would be a personal choice to give up my erections and be exposed to some nocturia to get away from the constant urge experienced, but I agree with you there are many things to try first.

About the phages, good point, I've seen 1 institute in Poland and the Eliava center in Georgia that seem to try those. However they need to test the cocktails against my strain, and from what I understand I am not sure that my 4-glass test is going to show anything: how else can we get the bacteria ? DNA ? Biopsy feasible ?
My approach would be: get the bacteria in vivo by some mean, kill it with phages, end of story.

One radical method (for which you might come at me again :p) would be: TURP enucleation, then you biopsy it to get the strains, and take phages in case some infection is still hiding in the remaining tissue -> how that could not work?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Iwillcure wrote:
Hi Inflamed, what do you mean by Fungal ? Seems to me that enterococcus is bacteria not fungus ?

Btw how much amoxicilin did you try ? Mine will be 6g/day to be able to get reasonnable concentrztion in prostate.

6g per day of amoxicillin!!!!!!!!!!!!????? Good lord I wish you well. Keep your ER on speed dial and stock up on toilet paper. You might want to find a new doc while you're at it too.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm

:o
I am not an English-speaker.
So please excuse my imperfect english.

2 bacterias were found in Greece for me (enterococcus faecalis and staphylococcus aureus)
I am so desperate (like you are I guess ...) that for a while I've considered laparoscopic removal as my last resort.
Now I think it could be a VERY BIG mistake, getting worse than before surgery isn't Worth !
We have no proof / objectives and independant studies that tends to reveal laparoscopy is a safe "solution"

I use Quercetine + Graminex pollen + proscure suppositories

Good luck

Iwillcure wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wonder if after years of suffering (enterococcus bacterial case) anyone has considered removal ? and if yes I assume most urologists don't want to do it. Has anyone managed to approach the subject or convince the uro of removal ?

I feel like if I failed all the options, taking the 50% ED 10% Incontinence risk would not be absurd (not suited for everyone I guess).

I know that Krongrad and another clinic in the UK do it, but 1/ it is very expensive 2/ i would feel safer in a local hospital or with my long time uro, but afraid we would never consider it and it makes me very sad to know this last resort can be "refused" to you...

Please let me know any insights!

Thank you,
A

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]