Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Shiitake mushroom as natural antibacterial 

Post Shiitake mushroom as natural antibacterial
I read from Chavalote that these mushrooms might be helping with his symptoms so i looked it up and found that it is a natural antibacterial. Found a few studies that shows this mushroom has antibacterial effects on e coli, S. Epidermis, s aureus, entercoccus faecalis and i think a few others. The study also says that eating the mushroom itself could cause the bacteria to learn to become resistant to the mushroom but finding the substance in the mushroom that kills the bacteria and separating it and then concentrating it would be better. Just wanted to share this information maybe it could help some of the bacterial guys.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... /19161947/

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... /15773410/

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:22 am

Post Re: Shiitake mushroom as natural antibacterial
Yes medicinal mushrooms generally stimulate the immune system, but they can do many things. For a free science review article of them this is fairly good:

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 46-257.pdf

They have a lot of overlap in medicinal effects, due to high polyscharride contents that mean activation of the immune system. The main ones people are buying as medicines are reishi, cordyceps, lion's mane, chaga, turkey tail, but there are others like shiitake, maitake I think people eat as food, but also have medicinal effects, a bit like turmeric does. Reishi has probably been the best studied perhaps because it is famous in Chinese folk history.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

That's interesting, thanks for the link Chris. I got a cbc blood test recently and my white blood cell count is low (3.4). Probably due to the dangerous immune injections i received at phagetherapycenter (bunch of scammers). I also developed eczema on my hands and fingers after those damn injections and it looks like its getting worse. The web between my fingers is cracking and is really painful whenever it makes contact with water. The eczema is creeping up my fingers.. Never had eczema in my life until i got those stupid injections. Eczema and low white blood count indicates something is wrong with my immune system per my doctor. I wonder if these mushrooms can help with the low white blood cell count and eczema?

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Yes, that does sound like a scam, I am a bit skeptical of these things.

Medicinal mushrooms could help, I'd google for it. There is a mycelium (roots) versus fruiting body (above ground) debate it is good to be aware of. Personally, I prefer what is used traditionally, seems to be the fruiting body most of the time, and I also like organic. Most companies are selling cheaper rice grown mycelium extracts of variable quality. Although, in certain circumstances the mycelium is preferred, so it is complicated. There are many unknowns. Nammex in the U.S. and nootropics depot go for the more natural, traditional growing conditions. Although, we shouldn't ignore host defence who own the biggest market share and are run by a famous scientist, but they do use mycelium and rice grow their mushrooms a lot. Mushroom enthusiasts tend to complain about host defence for this reason, but they have many fans as well.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:39 am

Mushrooms are capable of growing in different soil types and conditions, even on various decaying organic matter...so I see how rice might be a good substrate for them.

That's interesting that you experienced that at Phage Therapy Center. I didn't think it would be like that, although viruses are able to cause oddball symptoms (e.g., why there is such variability in flu strains). It seems that viruses are more adept at using symptoms to achieve what they do, whereas bacteria more-so simply cause symptoms as a result. That's just a jaded hypothesis though, I think. Perhaps viruses really are non-living, and comprehend things about the living that enables them to be more effective and aggressive. Though that could simply be watered-down conjecture.

If you don't want to give up pizza, order it with double mushrooms and it may offset the tomato acid/base effect.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 am

Presto, i just wanted to clarify that phages DO work against bacteria if the right phages are chosen, just like antibiotics. But unlike antibiotics, phages only attack specific bacteria, they don't kill the gut bacteria in your stomach which makes them much safer than antibiotics. Phage Therapy Center gave me immune injections which were not phages and had nothing to do with phages...it was just an injection that they claimed was suppose to "boost my immune system" but instead it did the exact opposite, my immune system is messed up now because of those dangerous injections. So phages do work and is safe, but you really have to watch out for scammers like the place i went to. There's people out there that won't hesitate to make money off of desperate people looking for a solution.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]