Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Any other Abx for suppression like Fosfo? 

Post Any other Abx for suppression like Fosfo?
Fosfo was good at keeping things at bay without any side effects, however with that said this drug came at an hefty price. My current insurance refuses to cover this drug cause of sky high price.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a similar drug with less side effect that can be used daily for suppression?

Thanks

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:31 am

Post Re: Any other Abx for suppression like Fosfo?
I don't think it's wise to use an antibiotic for "suppression". Fofso might work but taking it for every flare-up is only going to cause resistance. NAC breaks down Enterococcus Biofilms so try that.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm

What really worked wonders for me was macrobid aka nitrofouratoin.

I highly recommend this to prostate sufferers for 2 reasons. When I was first diagnosed with Prostatitis by a beach town Dr. in a 3rd World country, he seemed quite familiar with he matter, and immediately prescribed me Macrobid. I cought the disease in his town, so I will assume he knows of which he speaks. It helped calm the spasms immediately, and helped with the discomfort a LOT. Then, when I was on and off ABX later in my quest for a cure, I could take this drug to ‘maintain’, to fight off a flare, or just to find some relief.

In the mean time, I have been cured by Dr Toth in NY. Gone is the smelly rune and pain, but I still check in here every few months to try to impart some knowledge of what worked for me.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:28 pm

DoneSuffering, I've no doubt the this ab worked for you and my spirits raised a little when I read your post. However, when I looked it up this was on wikipedia regarding Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin):

"Nitrofurantoin is not recommended for the treatment of pyelonephritis,[13] prostatitis[14] and intra-abdominal abscess,[15] because of extremely poor tissue penetration and low blood levels."

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:10 pm

I know, I know, but believe me, It works.

Macrobid might not be the cure, but it can feel like one for an extended period of time.

The only cure I found was Dr Toth.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]