Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 chiropractic and acupuncture 

Post chiropractic and acupuncture
Has anyone went to a chiropractor and/or acupuncturist for CPPS / Chronic Prostatitis (bacterial or non-bac or unknown)? What do you suggest I ask / look for from the practitioner if I go to one or both?

It may sound strange, but I think I would be more than a bit healed by acupuncture, and that chiropractic would prevent resurgence of symptoms.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Post Re: chiropractic and acupuncture
I'm trying acupuncture for sciatica at the moment. What I didn't realise is there are thin and thick needles in use, the ultra thin sharp ones are less painful, but cost much more. I found a guy using the thin ones and a heater thing who seems good, hasn't helped so far, but it isn't doing any harm. The other guys I went too were painful. I am thinking of chiro next too.....

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:42 am

I'm considering getting reiki. I thought acupuncture wasn't painful? Did the other acupuncturists you went to use thick needles? For pelvic pain, where do they put the needles?

I still haven't had any other tests for bacteria except an ordinary urine test several times. It would most likely be smart to get a PSA at least. An MRI couldn't hurt too.

Let me know if you get relief from the acupuncture. I'll update this thread after one of the treatments I get.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am

Yes, you could get an EPS test I think it is called. I actually tried an energy healer a few years ago now, I wouldn't do again... Energy healing seems to give me insomnia, I don't think it is a placebo, but it isn't for me.

Acupuncture, it depends on the person where they put it... It can be painful, very unlikely to cause long term damage though if the person isn't a random crazy person. Still it carries some low level risk like many therapies do. Ah I remember now, the (old) Chinese doctor I was seeing said acupuncture isn't at all good at treating prostatitis, you need herbs as well.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Have you had electro-acupuncture? I'm not sure whether reiki would cause insomnia to me.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Acupuncture did not help me, I did 12 treatments.

A friend recommended "dry needling"....I might give it a shot since I am beyond desperate.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:49 pm

No, I mean there is always a different acupuncturist or a different kind of acupuncture to try, but I think if your at that point perhaps you might as well try something different if you haven't already.

Reiki/ energy healing stuff is normally pretty harmless/ useless. My nervous system is messed up this is why I get insomnia easily and is related to the nerve pain. Btw only thing I have found so far that has been able to restore the prostate health is homeopathy, believe it or not, after a few months it was 80+% healed. However, the same stuff screwed my nerve pain up more. Then St. John's wort and ashwagandha seemed to help the nerve pain a fair bit, but now I have sciatica which I hate.

Anyway that is my story. I'll post if I have found something else.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:03 am

Yeah, I was skeptical of reiki / energy healing a long time ago, and still am somewhat, but not as much. After getting myofascial release trigger point massage, and experiencing the various nerve problems I have and had, I'm up for something a bit different. I wish I could get that test from the NextGen sequencing lab, and then go to China for specialized injections for 6 weeks and be healed. But I have UnitedHealthCare Medicaid (Healthy Michigan Plan), so I'll have to settle for less certain terms of being cured and getting relief.

My nervous system is messed up too. I've considered ashagandha, but I don't know in what amount I need it. I've also looked into phage therapy, but I don't know if there is a place that does it close by to where I live...basically in lower Michigan, though I'm not sure if I could get to Detroit for it. Thanks for the replies. I've heard dry needling is used because it is less painful, and less invasive / disruptive. But I don't quite understand it much. If I go for acupuncture, I'm going to try dry needling and/or electro-acupuncture. I'm a bit wary of chiropractic because I have problems with my neck, back, and gut. I think it's worth looking into for something though.

One risk with acupuncture I think of is the danger of toxins being released and spilling over into my pelvis or into other areas where I don't have problems. That's what I don't quite understand about it...whether that happens or not.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 am

Haven't a lot of people complained on this board about getting scamed into going to China for a prostatitis 'cure'? It is quite a long way to go when there are plenty of other options closer to home. A lot of chronic pelvic pain in men isn't bacteria related, I think a big give away sign is it if it started straight after sex. Mine didn't and I was negative in a EPS test, I've never strongly suspected bacteria.

I take about 3g of organic ashwagandha root powder a day, it is quite good quality stuff I reckon and it helps me feel relaxed, but also quite focused. I prefer the traditional root powder over KSM66 which is a special concentrated extract... this is just my experience. I find after taking ashwagandha for a while, everything feels.. softer and there seems to be less pain. Then I use a fresh St. John's wort tincture as well, which seems to work with it. Seeing what I can get out of this at the moment.

I'm going back to acupuncture this week, I think I will give it another 3-4 sessions. Well some people spend their money on going on holiday, and for me some guy sticks needles into my rear end.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:00 pm

So, I had the Reiki done. I think it didn't do much for me. Laying down for about an hour is usually relaxing and relieves pain/discomfort to some extent, so that's probably what that was from. I don't know if I'll be trying it again. One note though is that when she "scanned" my left knee (which I've had problems with going upstairs sometimes), I felt a bit of pain in the areas I get it when I go upstairs (which usually makes me feel like my knee is giving out and can't continue standing from the pain).

I don't know if I'm going to try acupuncture yet. Chiropractic sounds more applicable, but it too isn't the solution I think I need.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]