Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 I really am suffering......please help if you can. 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Carl-

Glad you are getting relief. Also happy to hear that you are actively seeking other pain relief alternatives that are not focused on infection. This dosent dismiss that an infection was the begining of your ailment, it could simple mean that you have cleared the infection but experiencing side effects, like tightened muscles and nerve damage from the original infection. I wish you the best.

I have been taking a break from the forum and will continue until I have any new information to add.

Warm Regards,

Richard1969 (David)


Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm
Posts: 94
Location: England
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Gents how are you all doing?

Its been a while so i thought i would update.

I have been having regular Chiropractor re-adjustments 4 so far. After each visit and re-adjustment i feel so so much worse. The doctor is confident she can cure my back/leg pains, but im having doubts. I keep saying to myself if its worse,she must be aggravating something....and in turn maybe doing me some good, hence why i keep returning. L5 was mentioned as my problem area.

On another note, sadly i have now received my medical discharge from the Army, i just couldn't keep up the brave face anymore, the condition has beaten me. So il be out of work and a home by Christmas.


Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 830
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Gents how are you all doing?

Its been a while so i thought i would update.

I have been having regular Chiropractor re-adjustments 4 so far. After each visit and re-adjustment i feel so so much worse. The doctor is confident she can cure my back/leg pains, but im having doubts. I keep saying to myself if its worse,she must be aggravating something....and in turn maybe doing me some good, hence why i keep returning. L5 was mentioned as my problem area.

On another note, sadly i have now received my medical discharge from the Army, i just couldn't keep up the brave face anymore, the condition has beaten me. So il be out of work and a home by Christmas.


England,

I sent you an email with a link to an article you should read. Hope you find it interesting.


Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm
Posts: 94
Location: England
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Madcap wrote:
england wrote:
Gents how are you all doing?

Its been a while so i thought i would update.

I have been having regular Chiropractor re-adjustments 4 so far. After each visit and re-adjustment i feel so so much worse. The doctor is confident she can cure my back/leg pains, but im having doubts. I keep saying to myself if its worse,she must be aggravating something....and in turn maybe doing me some good, hence why i keep returning. L5 was mentioned as my problem area.

On another note, sadly i have now received my medical discharge from the Army, i just couldn't keep up the brave face anymore, the condition has beaten me. So il be out of work and a home by Christmas.


England,

I sent you an email with a link to an article you should read. Hope you find it interesting.[/quote

Appreciate it man. How's you doing too mate?


Last edited by england on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 830
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Madcap wrote:
england wrote:
Gents how are you all doing?

Its been a while so i thought i would update.

I have been having regular Chiropractor re-adjustments 4 so far. After each visit and re-adjustment i feel so so much worse. The doctor is confident she can cure my back/leg pains, but im having doubts. I keep saying to myself if its worse,she must be aggravating something....and in turn maybe doing me some good, hence why i keep returning. L5 was mentioned as my problem area.

On another note, sadly i have now received my medical discharge from the Army, i just couldn't keep up the brave face anymore, the condition has beaten me. So il be out of work and a home by Christmas.


England,

I sent you an email with a link to an article you should read. Hope you find it interesting.


Mate can you re send it?

Appreciate it man. How's you doing too mate?


Doing good England. I read this article and thought you might find it informative. It doesn't directly deal with prostatitis but rather Drs you might be going to.


Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm
Posts: 94
Location: England
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Well chaps its been a while, got a few updates.

Seen the urologist again, he wants to try Botox injections into the prostate. I said I'd give it some thought. Anyone tried it??

Been diagnosed with ME /CFS too. The neurological team gave me a rigorous examination. That's why if been so very poorly. I am being placed on a recovery ward for 4 weeks progressive physiotherapy which is residential at the armed forces centre in Headley Court (england). Also was seen by the Pain clinic people, who are considering blocking the nerves down my legs and testicles. I hope it works.

Been pretty unwell of late, tbh getting very tired and fatigued. Just want this to end. Neurological team suspect my very long course of Cipro and stress is to blame, I still tendon bruise heavily after any strenuous activity. That's almost 2yrs after ceasing the tablets.

Doubt il post much in the future, nothing is happening quick and im bored of moaning on about how sick I feel, when im sure others are suffering just as bad.

All the best fellas

England


Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:59 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:38 am
Posts: 109
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
The pain down the legs is probably your sciatic nerve. Mines was shot long after my prostitus was gone. Took months of stretching and using a foam roller to help that heal. Sickening ailment it is. Should be reserved only for the evil people in this world.

Please tell me you are doing routine massage. Hurts me to know you are still suffering from this bullshit.


Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:42 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Well chaps its been a while, got a few updates.

Seen the urologist again, he wants to try Botox injections into the prostate. I said I'd give it some thought. Anyone tried it??

Been diagnosed with ME /CFS too. The neurological team gave me a rigorous examination. That's why if been so very poorly. I am being placed on a recovery ward for 4 weeks progressive physiotherapy which is residential at the armed forces centre in Headley Court (england). Also was seen by the Pain clinic people, who are considering blocking the nerves down my legs and testicles. I hope it works.

Been pretty unwell of late, tbh getting very tired and fatigued. Just want this to end. Neurological team suspect my very long course of Cipro and stress is to blame, I still tendon bruise heavily after any strenuous activity. That's almost 2yrs after ceasing the tablets.

Doubt il post much in the future, nothing is happening quick and im bored of moaning on about how sick I feel, when im sure others are suffering just as bad.

All the best fellas

England



England, can we talk dude. I can give u my email


Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Well chaps its been a while, got a few updates.

Seen the urologist again, he wants to try Botox injections into the prostate. I said I'd give it some thought. Anyone tried it??

Been diagnosed with ME /CFS too. The neurological team gave me a rigorous examination. That's why if been so very poorly. I am being placed on a recovery ward for 4 weeks progressive physiotherapy which is residential at the armed forces centre in Headley Court (england). Also was seen by the Pain clinic people, who are considering blocking the nerves down my legs and testicles. I hope it works.

Been pretty unwell of late, tbh getting very tired and fatigued. Just want this to end. Neurological team suspect my very long course of Cipro and stress is to blame, I still tendon bruise heavily after any strenuous activity. That's almost 2yrs after ceasing the tablets.

Doubt il post much in the future, nothing is happening quick and im bored of moaning on about how sick I feel, when im sure others are suffering just as bad.

All the best fellas


I think your whole body is out of alignment. Worried you are going down the conventional medicine route because they will just pump you full of drugs and injections to help the pain. They are unlikely to look for a cause and a cure.

But you are your own boss and have chosen that route.

I wish you every luck in the world.
England


Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:01 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:18 pm
Posts: 73
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
myballshurt wrote:
dr bahn he is the best at what he does .and he will tell you with his dopler ultrasound what your area look's like if nothing else at least you will know if you have protatitis or not


I have an idea in my head.
I got the ultra sound done among other tests.
It showed I have my bladder touching my protstate.
Now, it also shows I hold 3-4 oz. of urine so now I'm thinking
when I really have to go relieve myself bad, it's then that my pelvic area/testicles hurt most.
I did have a biopsy done 2 weeks ago guys and it hurts like hell now too.
Really aggravated the heck out of my prostate.
But this theory I have about the bladder really has me wondering.
This is why I like to relieve myself as much as possible and will use my drugs/herbs etc. to get it in motion.


Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 830
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Well chaps its been a while, got a few updates.



Been pretty unwell of late, tbh getting very tired and fatigued. Just want this to end. Neurological team suspect my very long course of Cipro and stress is to blame, I still tendon bruise heavily after any strenuous activity. That's almost 2yrs after ceasing the tablets.
England


England,
I know you had mentioned you would not be posting much in the future but in case your still checking into read thought I would ask how you are.
I'm sorry your going through this, and especially so because of the damage from Cipro. My Dr also now believes my tendinitis and pain in my hands and fingers is the result of Levaquin. Ive been lucky in that some of my pain diminished, but there are times I feel odd pains in my Achilles tendon and think it's going to snap. Hoping that things are better for you and that people research Cipro and all fluoroquinolones before making the decision to take them.


Last edited by Madcap on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Guys, please always get a second opinion before you accept that a Drug has damaged your tendons.

Pelvic pain often comes from tight pelvic muscles which are guarding against an unstable pelvis. The nerves to your hands run out of the C5/6 joints in your neck which is likely to be compressed if you get a wonky pelvis. The neck will often have to bend to compensate the misaligned pelvis to make sure your head is on straight.

I used to have tingling in my fingers, hot and cold flushes in my hands, twitching hands, I used to drop things, etc. All because the C5/6 joint was jammed.

Some intense deep tissue massage around that joint area might relieve the symptoms you have been told are from drug damage.

An alternative view...


Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 830
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
David88,

How have you been? Haven't seen you around much lately.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:18 pm
Posts: 73
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
parrotnotes wrote:
myballshurt wrote:
dr bahn he is the best at what he does .and he will tell you with his dopler ultrasound what your area look's like if nothing else at least you will know if you have protatitis or not


I have an idea in my head.
I got the ultra sound done among other tests.
It showed I have my bladder touching my protstate.
Now, it also shows I hold 3-4 oz. of urine so now I'm thinking
when I really have to go relieve myself bad, it's then that my pelvic area/testicles hurt most.
I did have a biopsy done 2 weeks ago guys and it hurts like hell now too.
Really aggravated the heck out of my prostate.
But this theory I have about the bladder really has me wondering.
This is why I like to relieve myself as much as possible and will use my drugs/herbs etc. to get it in motion.


Let me ad to this : The Dr. agreed with me that it may very well be the urine that I hold can cause bacteria to cause and infection. I'm thinking the more we drink and flush out the bladder, the better. Cipro only seems to help for a month.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Madcap wrote:
David88,

How have you been? Haven't seen you around much lately.



I'm good.

My issue was caused by an arthritic toe which tightened a hip flexor on one side.

I've now got a Rocker shoe which has relaxed my hipflexor and straightened my spine.

I still get regular massage to return to full fitness.

I still had a tight pelvic floor years after Prostatitis left me so I had to have that massaged out to prevent it from returning.


Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm
Posts: 94
Location: England
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Hell again Gents.

Firstly, id like to ask how everyone is? Its been a while and its good to catch up.

Ive been away in hospital for over a month. Ive been having trigger point therapy, extensive physiotherapy and on a graded return to exercise program.

The team of clinicians there really looked into my problems, and finally they thought i had an Ingunal canal hernia, so i had an ultrasound, but sadly it yielded no explanation. Upon returning to the hospital from the scan, the team finally pinned down the cause of "some" of my problems as being nerve related. A nerve called the inoingunal nerve and the pudenal.This they believe is what is causing the pudendal pain, leg pains and lower back pains. They also believe that the nerve, irritation/nerve damage etc, is contributing to the prostrate perennial pains testicle etc etc

The prostatic fluid discharge after/during bowel movements is still frequent and excessive, but my DRE/Prostrate ultrasounds are clear, and everything looks A ok. So this is somewhat of a sure sign, ive been told of CPPS.

So, im being referred to the nerve block team, run by a Colonel. He will assess over the notes and decide on what is best, and the route to proceed down. Ive also been referred to the Peripheral nerve team, as while on the course i was still extensively bruising in my joints etc , which has been confirmed by the Consultant Rheumatologist as being Chronic tendonathpy caused by the interaction between the Cipro/ibuprofen courses i was given. They wish to test my EMG for nerve damage.
David......i know this area, the trigger point/physio side of things is your area mate, whats your thoughts on the matter? id be and im sure others would welcome your views.

Im also due to see my urologist soon, he has suggested that i try "botox injections into the prostrate" Anyone have any ideas on this?


well guys thats about it i think, as always,
all my best ENGLAND


Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Hi England,

I'm glad you are finally getting some answers.

As i said before, it is nerve related, but that's usually due to tight, knotted muscles which have been working too hard due to a bio-mechanical problem.

I doubt this is something which can be resolved by nerve blocks or in mainstream medicine but I can't blame you for trying.

If I were you I would be looking into why I've got a bio-mechanical problem (the way you walk) whilst also getting intense deep tissue massage all over your body.

Get you toes and feet checked out. The podiatrist in Profeet in Putney, London might be able to see if your feet are affecting your walking pattern.

Do your toes all bend back properly? Do the arches of your feet feel stiff?

If you chase this issue in mainstream medicine only you might never find the answers.

Buy a book on bio-mechanics

This one has been recommended to me

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... =pd_cp_b_0


You've got to become your own Doctor. Sad but true.

I got out and you can too. Don't give up. Knowledge is power.


Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Maybe we should Skype sometime England.

I live in London but I think you are up North ;)


Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
england wrote:
Hell again Gents.

Firstly, id like to ask how everyone is? Its been a while and its good to catch up.

Ive been away in hospital for over a month. Ive been having trigger point therapy, extensive physiotherapy and on a graded return to exercise program.

The team of clinicians there really looked into my problems, and finally they thought i had an Ingunal canal hernia, so i had an ultrasound, but sadly it yielded no explanation. Upon returning to the hospital from the scan, the team finally pinned down the cause of "some" of my problems as being nerve related. A nerve called the inoingunal nerve and the pudenal.This they believe is what is causing the pudendal pain, leg pains and lower back pains. They also believe that the nerve, irritation/nerve damage etc, is contributing to the prostrate perennial pains testicle etc etc

The prostatic fluid discharge after/during bowel movements is still frequent and excessive, but my DRE/Prostrate ultrasounds are clear, and everything looks A ok. So this is somewhat of a sure sign, ive been told of CPPS.

So, im being referred to the nerve block team, run by a Colonel. He will assess over the notes and decide on what is best, and the route to proceed down. Ive also been referred to the Peripheral nerve team, as while on the course i was still extensively bruising in my joints etc , which has been confirmed by the Consultant Rheumatologist as being Chronic tendonathpy caused by the interaction between the Cipro/ibuprofen courses i was given. They wish to test my EMG for nerve damage.
David......i know this area, the trigger point/physio side of things is your area mate, whats your thoughts on the matter? id be and im sure others would welcome your views.

Im also due to see my urologist soon, he has suggested that i try "botox injections into the prostrate" Anyone have any ideas on this?


well guys thats about it i think, as always,
all my best ENGLAND


Hey England. Good to hear from you again. I hope the treament course your on yeilds some good results. I'm very sorry to hear that Cipro caused some major damage. Only last year did the FDA really start putting out SOME warnings to people. Before then, they were prescribing cipro like candy to anyone with a UTI or prostatits. I too last year experienced a thankfully brief bout of nerve pain and tendon pain after just 3 DAYS of Cipro treatment. It took 1 month to go away completely.

I have never, ever heard of "botox" injections into the prostate. What I hope the man is trying to tell you is to look into antibiotic injections into hte prostate. There are only a select few people in teh world who do this. In Europe, Dr Guercini in Italy does this, and I've heard mixed opinions on him (although he does adjust treatment according to the individual, which is a plus).

Over in North America, Dr Toth and Dr Bahn also treat patients with this. Its a last resort type of method and only if your situation becomes absolutely desperate.

Prostatic fluid discharge during bowel movements is something that I have personally experienced. Its related to candida albacans in most cases. I did a 2-month diet in which I avoided all carbs, sugars and processed food, while taking a supplement to help kill off the fungus, and that slowly went away. Its caused by long-term courses of antibiotics. The antibiotics kill all the good bacteria in your system that helps keep fungus in check, and as a result we get some symptoms like that. The discharge is typically yellow to white.


Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Given that Chronic Pelvic Pain is based on nerve pain, how do you know it's the CIPRO causing your issue?


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:45 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
David88 wrote:
Given that Chronic Pelvic Pain is based on nerve pain, how do you know it's the CIPRO causing your issue?


David, many people have suffered nerve pain, tendon pain, and in some cases permanent peripheral neuropathy just from a couple of cipro pills.

His concern isnt unfounded.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
No one is saying that.

How is it proven that Cipro is the cause of someone's nerve pain?

Are there tests or scans showing nerve damage?

It's important when suffering from a nerve based disorder to differentiate between the effects of the condition and any medication being used.

The worst scenario is for someone to be lead to believe they've suffered permanent nerve damage from Cipro when their problem is actually due to CPPS and can be treated.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Hi David,
I really appreciate your view on prostatitis but can you please explain me what when uro says the problem is with organ its inflame and boggy says and after he says its cpps. Why would the nerve make prostate inflame?

Just trying o understand its very confusing?


Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
Hi David88-

All of my symptoms for the most part have resolved. The only remaining symptom is the hypersensative glans. Which creates a very short sex life if you know what I mean. Thankfully my urologist has provided me with a great spray that reduces the sensativity and allows us to enjoy ourselves.

I've been told by my urologist, pain specialist, rolfer, and Physical therapists that hypersensativty is the last symptom to relsolve due to nerves taking time to heal.

I would be interested to know if the above information in similiar to what you have learned.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:23 pm
Posts: 230
Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
It wouldnt, theres no evidence a tight muscle would cause an inflamed prostate. This is a fringe theory


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.