Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 I really am suffering......please help if you can. 

Post Re: I really am suffering......please help if you can.
It hurts... This was my second massage, relief lasts 1/2 days before syptoms gradualy come back. Found that the less sleep I get the worse the syptoms. After ejaculating the inner thigh pains and prostate stabbing pains return :(

Shaky, mate I'm not disagreeing, but the lack of nasties found in semen and urine, cultures etc, makes me doubt there is infection present........But, like you I have a very hard time accepting that it is not an infection....after all like you I was in perfect health before exposure & epidimitus.

My prostatic fluid cultures & microbiology are due this week, this is as direct a sample as they can get, hoping it provides some anwsers, after all it's been 2years of me asking for this test and I'm trying to keep optimistic about it.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Im going at Bahn on April 15 i'll keep u guys posted!!! Cant wait to get a Trus no uro want to do it for prostatit!!! If it work great if not i will need to live with it!!!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

England check Goran post on injection.... Very interesting!!! Again to me its the proof of infection and proof that injection are not a cure...

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Shaky wrote:
Guys i think its really complicated thing but why would England have muscle spasm problem when he had relieaf from antibio at the beginning again im no dr but i think we put are head in the sand when we try to find other thing then infection... I think there is for sure some muscle spasm issue for certain people,,,

England stated that is prostate was enlarge,,, that no muscle problem issue

Lets be honest when the last time that a guy stated on the post he was cure?

If it would be a muscle problem we could fix it

I hope your right with the muscle issue but why is my sperm level count low and i have pus cell in prostate liquid and the doc stated prostate boggy

Afterward is diagnostic was Nonbacterial prostatit

I wish i had answer but when you pee and it burn and you have a tooth ache in your ball that no muscle spasm!!!

Shake.
This guy on another page has been blasting it for months "I'M CURED". David88 is his handle and says that pelvic adjustments did it ! I may try it. I even read on this page about "Inner thighs/pelvic adjustments".
It's may be a thought.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 pm

GC Jack wrote:
I sought of agree with Shaey. On the British site we go on about this and that causing it without any data to support much of it.

What puzzles me a bit on the USA site is the evidence of the Kongrad Clinic. There has been speculation here in the UK about this as to whether his claims are genuine but a surgeon here has tried laparascopic removal and claims that it works in most cases. Does this work as well as he says. I have friend who is desparate here and is considering a radical is it worth his while going there?

Any comments welcome on that one.

Problem is that people who improve or get over this - yes men do - rarely post up the positive results, they just get on with their lives again.

I see the injections and the Kongrad solutions mentioned but rarely do we here from those who are helped.

I will post up my improvements I have had a hell of time with this recently but with massage my pain has reduced loads. Yep I have real problems and I am having a TURP tomorrow in the hope that some of this can be reduced as a few good guys have posted here in the past.

Jack

WHAT'S UP with you guys wanting to cut your prostate out when you don't even have cancer ??
That's the only time to yank it out........OMG You guys must be in serious shape. I mean, I have all your symptoms even as I sit here now with pain up and down my shaft and other pains in other places each day, and some days feel great. But I don't want my prostate out. Maybe if I was 75 and no longer a horndog at 61 as I am, I would not mind. Come on, be persistent and press on with new remedies.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

parrotnotes wrote:
GC Jack wrote:
I sought of agree with Shaey. On the British site we go on about this and that causing it without any data to support much of it.

What puzzles me a bit on the USA site is the evidence of the Kongrad Clinic. There has been speculation here in the UK about this as to whether his claims are genuine but a surgeon here has tried laparascopic removal and claims that it works in most cases. Does this work as well as he says. I have friend who is desparate here and is considering a radical is it worth his while going there?

Any comments welcome on that one.

Problem is that people who improve or get over this - yes men do - rarely post up the positive results, they just get on with their lives again.

I see the injections and the Kongrad solutions mentioned but rarely do we here from those who are helped.

I will post up my improvements I have had a hell of time with this recently but with massage my pain has reduced loads. Yep I have real problems and I am having a TURP tomorrow in the hope that some of this can be reduced as a few good guys have posted here in the past.

Jack

WHAT'S UP with you guys wanting to cut your prostate out when you don't even have cancer ??
That's the only time to yank it out........OMG You guys must be in serious shape. I mean, I have all your symptoms even as I sit here now with pain up and down my shaft and other pains in other places each day, and some days feel great. But I don't want my prostate out. Maybe if I was 75 and no longer a horndog at 61 as I am, I would not mind. Come on, be persistent and press on with new remedies.

Any surgical procedure is radical, regardless of what they call it. It really depends on the individual, what they have tried, how long they have suffered, pain levels, and age.
I'm 57, and at this point in my life I'm not having any surgery, however minor it might be, unless its my last hope. Now if I was close to 70, I might think differently. It's always a risk vs reward decision.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm

parrotnotes wrote:
Shaky wrote:
Guys i think its really complicated thing but why would England have muscle spasm problem when he had relieaf from antibio at the beginning again im no dr but i think we put are head in the sand when we try to find other thing then infection... I think there is for sure some muscle spasm issue for certain people,,,

England stated that is prostate was enlarge,,, that no muscle problem issue

Lets be honest when the last time that a guy stated on the post he was cure?

If it would be a muscle problem we could fix it

I hope your right with the muscle issue but why is my sperm level count low and i have pus cell in prostate liquid and the doc stated prostate boggy

Afterward is diagnostic was Nonbacterial prostatit

I wish i had answer but when you pee and it burn and you have a tooth ache in your ball that no muscle spasm!!!

Shake.
This guy on another page has been blasting it for months "I'M CURED". David88 is his handle and says that pelvic adjustments did it ! I may try it. I even read on this page about "Inner thighs/pelvic adjustments".
It's may be a thought.

All options should be explored. One thing people need to try to figure out before they do anything is ask yourself what you really think is wrong. When Drs and insurance companies started lumping prostatitis patients into the CPPS category they only confused the issue more. My Urologist believes CPPS and prostatitis are 2 seperate issues, as do many others, but its easier and less work just to throw everyone in the same pot. So unless you have free healthcare, or unlimited funds, it only makes sense to do your best to understand what your problem really is, then make a treatment decision.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Well said Madcap.

I too am surprised at how many people want to jump to the injections or removal. People have used the term "nuke" the prostate to get rid of infection. Nuke......I can only speak for myself, but nuking anything does not seem to be a good idea. Or at best a last resort.

It is too easy to let our emotions get the best of us because of the pain. However, I still believe that all options need to be explored and given a strong commitment. For example, physical therapy for 12 weeks or longer does not appeal. However, if a person has the commitment level and it puts the ailment into remission is'nt that better than gamblng on an unproven method?

Being a part of this forum is not to judge or make a decision for anyone. However, it would be very unfortunate to have an evasive procedure (injections or removal) to find out after the fact that your pelvis was twisted, your muscles were tight and causing prostate inflammation, or have a pudendal nerve issue.

Anyway, I want to thank most on this thread for providing insight and helping me through this.

Wishing all the best!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm

My question to the board and medical community is why are they not checking are prostate with a Trus? Anyway your are probably right that the injection is invasive and i might regret it!!! Hopefully Bahn can tell me what he think with the Trus....

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

The medical community does provide a TRUS for patients with prostatitis. This is stated on many threads within this forum.

From what has been posted, most physicians will not due a TRUS until other methods and their direction has been taken. For example, if a physician prescribes physical therapy for 12 weeks the patient needs to be able to provide the documentation that they followed that prescription.

Most physicians (good or bad) are not going to follow up with a patients request if the patient is not following their direction.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 pm

[quote="Richard1969"]Well said Madcap.

I too am surprised at how many people want to jump to the injections or removal. People have used the term "nuke" the prostate to get rid of infection. Nuke......I can only speak for myself, but nuking anything does not seem to be a good idea. Or at best a last resort.

Nuke this man !!! Let me tell anyone, I lost a father in law and a wife to cancer and swear the NUKES helped spread this crap faster.
No Nukes for me and no cutting it out unless as I said before, I'm 70 plus or have cancer.
Now the past couple of days I have been feeling pretty good. After having sex I feel a little ball ache but doing pretty good.
I have been taking some new herbs the past 3 weeks "Zyflamend and Carlson's Nutra support for the Prostate" 4x a day.
Not sure if it's helping yet. Certainly don't wanna jump to it helping so fast since this ailment can sure fake us out.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey mate,

I'm south of London UK.

G.parker004@yahoo.com

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm

England, just checking in to see how you are doing. If you get a chance give us an update.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am

England, I would be happy to speak to you on the phone if you like

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 am

ghostmanno wrote:
Hi England,

I have been struggling with CP for about 5 years now first tree years I did not do much with this condition. I took one day at
time suffering doctor said this was a non bacterial prostatitis.

But last year I was put on Antibiotics 300mg Tetralysal this worked initially but after about 10 day this crap returned but not with
the same strength so something happened. Then I started to research this CP a lot to find out if there is some form of cure out there.
But this is a very complex disease. But there is hope to get control over the pain and at least feel better this i no cure but will probably
help.

First and for most if this is a non bacterial chronic prostatitis it is a inflammation of the prostate for some reason if this is a bacterium
or virus or some sort of pathogen is a open question. For me there is nothing showing up in blodwork etc.

But I found out a very interesting thing about inflammation that is sugar this is a bad bad bad thing, reason for this is that fructose that is
50% of the sugar molecule do that when you eat this you will get high values of uric acid after about 2-4 hours drink a soft drink or
what ever that contains fructose. So avoid all food witch contains a lot of fructose, apples, oranges and other fruits are okay but
not soft drink and other food with a lot of sugar inn it. Uric acid will burn the inflammation

Bad stuff
Sugar
Alcohol
Coffee
Smoking
Beer :-) or should I say buhuuuu

try to not get to much of omega 6 and more omega 3 from fish and other good seafood sources. Omega 3 is good against inflammation.

And this things has help me a lot

Probiotics and yoghourt with Probiotics inn it
C-Vitamins now I use about 1 gram could maybe go much higher I am experimenting with this now. Spread the dosing out thru the day.
Zinc and Magnesium and Saw Palmetto

Best Regards
GM

Have to quote my self :-), some updates from my part. The weather is nice and a lot warmer her in Norway this days and of course my
prostatitis is much better.

But I have now a feeling that this is a combination of several things that need to be adjusted. Some strange thing happend after a lot
of back massage the pain went away on left side of pelvic. Last few month I have been fighting what is left of it on the right side. Stretching
out with not so much success but maybe it help a bit. But this fungal part there is some connection there I think and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) for something happens when I use Lamisil on the skin 1-2% fo this goes also systemic, maybe it could be connected to overgrowth funges in the intestinal. There are research out there that IBS could cause Prostatitis and also a chemical induced prostatitis read this one

http://www.prostatitis.org/iwfChemical.html

Chemical in toothpaste "Triclosan" could be found inn other stuff out there to. For me I suspect caffeine to be a badboy this stresses the body aggravate inflammation and generate a hold lot of trouble so avoid caffeine as if it was the plague.

So for me 3 more adjustments

Lamisil (antifungal)
I also eat some raw Onions this should make life terrible for fungus i the GI tract and it also contains quercetin so this is 2 birds with one stone :-)
remove all caffeine form where it could be found inn food, Chocolate, Coca Cola, Coffee etc

and back massage, stretching and relaxing.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Gents how are you all doing?

Apologies for my delay in getting back, ive not been on-line for sometime due to moving houses.

Ok, lets see....

Since my last post, all symptoms still remain. Damn inner thigh pains/leg weakness and urethral discharge on bowel movements/arm weakness and testicle & prostate pains. Post ejaculation is awful,feels like my left testicle is swollen and blocked. Shaky weak legs sometimes barely hold my weight.

In addition, i was referred to a Rhuematologist, he has a gut feeling im suffering from Reactive Arthritis, he sent me for a MRI, ultra sound and taken a FBC and tested for the gene HLAB27. He was quite certain that this was causing all my issues, due to my high Enospihil count in the bloodwork. Hs thinking was that i contracted a gastrointestinal parasite on my last middle east tour, this in turn caused my prostate and testicle issues? I must say was not so sure?, but i will of course let the findings do the talking. At this stage id take anything to get rid of these pains.

On the Urology side of things, the urine sample last tested post prostatic massage was crystal clear, although on a previous MRI he did note that a piece of shrapnel was lodged in my right buttock, from a previous wound lol! Il be getting that removed.

Im now on slow release morphine patches, with tramadol and anti inflammatory tablets.

Im still waiting on the microbiology of the ESP (prostatic secretion) to come back to me. 25th June, is my follow up appointment.

Well Gents, thats where im at so far with my problems. Any thoughts? I hope everyone is ok.

Look forward to hearing from you guys, England

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:17 pm

england wrote:
Gents how are you all doing?

Apologies for my delay in getting back, ive not been on-line for sometime due to moving houses.

Ok, lets see....

Since my last post, all symptoms still remain. Damn inner thigh pains/leg weakness and urethral discharge on bowel movements/arm weakness and testicle & prostate pains. Post ejaculation is awful,feels like my left testicle is swollen and blocked. Shaky weak legs sometimes barely hold my weight.

In addition, i was referred to a Rhuematologist, he has a gut feeling im suffering from Reactive Arthritis, he sent me for a MRI, ultra sound and taken a FBC and tested for the gene HLAB27. He was quite certain that this was causing all my issues, due to my high Enospihil count in the bloodwork. Hs thinking was that i contracted a gastrointestinal parasite on my last middle east tour, this in turn caused my prostate and testicle issues? I must say was not so sure?, but i will of course let the findings do the talking. At this stage id take anything to get rid of these pains.

On the Urology side of things, the urine sample last tested post prostatic massage was crystal clear, although on a previous MRI he did note that a piece of shrapnel was lodged in my right buttock, from a previous wound lol! Il be getting that removed.

Im now on slow release morphine patches, with tramadol and anti inflammatory tablets.

Im still waiting on the microbiology of the ESP (prostatic secretion) to come back to me. 25th June, is my follow up appointment.

Well Gents, thats where im at so far with my problems. Any thoughts? I hope everyone is ok.

Look forward to hearing from you guys, England

Are you sure this isn't a biomechanics issue?

For example, the buttocks (glutes) attach from the pelvis to the leg (femur bone). If one of them is not working properly then your leg will likely become unstable as you walk. It could even twist in the joint causing problems down to your knee/feet.

If the leg bone does twist it will force your pelvis up and make it tilted. A twisted/tilted pelvis will throw out the entire upper body and cause problem all the way up to your neck and face. Your pelvic floor will also go into tension to support the glutes and pinch nerves to your penis, bum, bladder, etc.

Have you had all this looked at?

A guy who's been in the army is bound to have had some pretty hard knocks which would easily mess up your biomechanics. Shrapnel injuries would complicate matters further.

Did you not have problems walking in the years leading upto when your Prostatitis started?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:27 pm

If you had an injury to a glute, the muscle probably formed scar tissue around the injury to try to heal it. This would tighten the glute and keep it in permanent tension. The surrounding muscles would then have to do their own jobs PLUS carry the extra stabilisation work of the damaged glute muscle. They would do this for a while until they themselves got exhausted and started to build up scar tissue. Eventually the deeper, pelvic muscles (like the Piraformis) could become involved in trying to stabilise your leg and pelvis. Now the Sciatic (to feet) and Pudendal (bladder, anus, penis) nerves travel through the Piraformis so you can imagine what sort of symptoms you will get once that muscle get tight.

Other muscles around your body will now also need to help this weakened area of your body so they take on extra work.

Slowly your body is becoming twisted and the list of illnesses you are suffering from is growing.

This is a hypothesis and not meant to replace the work you are doing with your doctors.

If any of it makes some sense to you then it's worth getting your biomechanics looked at by a trained professional.

My problems came from childhood sporting injuries so it's possible someone as brave as yourself having been in the Army has developed problems through physical feats that have damaged the body.

Worth considering...

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi David,

Yup had quite a few "knocks" over the years!

As for problems walking prior to my "prostate" problems, other than a touch of sciatica no not realy? Ive not had any of my biomechanics looked at? Would an Osteopath visit help you think?

Damn weakness in legs, and inner thigh pains at night are sometimes so unbearable. Obvious symptoms like perennial pains, testicle aches and discharge after BM, but in 2 years of testing, nothing "micro bacterial" has ever been found. So to that degree id have to side on the muscular view of things. But i just dont know where else to turn. My doctors have been very patient with me and understanding, but eventually il be told theres nothing they can do........and be placed on pain meds.

Its a knightmare, for us all.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 pm

David,

Thanks for posting. Il 100% book and see someone regarding the nerves/muscular side of things. My GP prescribed me Lycra? He to thinks its nerve related, but seemed to quote the problem being the prostate and tension caused by an infecton which had now been cured due to the obscene amounts of anti biotics i had taken?

To be honest, he did say this was not his area of expertise, and that more detailed and investigative questions should realy be aimed towards my current Urologist. But its this Urologist that said my Prostatis is "self remitting" and that after a couple of years it would go away? Bah....dont believe that for a second. When i see him on the 25th, il be looking for a few more answers.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm

england wrote:
Hi David,

Yup had quite a few "knocks" over the years!

As for problems walking prior to my "prostate" problems, other than a touch of sciatica no not realy? Ive not had any of my biomechanics looked at? Would an Osteopath visit help you think?

Damn weakness in legs, and inner thigh pains at night are sometimes so unbearable. Obvious symptoms like perennial pains, testicle aches and discharge after BM, but in 2 years of testing, nothing "micro bacterial" has ever been found. So to that degree id have to side on the muscular view of things. But i just dont know where else to turn. My doctors have been very patient with me and understanding, but eventually il be told theres nothing they can do........and be placed on pain meds.

Its a knightmare, for us all.

My friend, your case screams bio-mechanical issues.

Sciatica can come from the L5S1 disk (the last one before you get to the pelvis) or the Piraformis muscle. Having Sciatica means you've got bio-mechanical issues itself.

The sciatic nerve runs down to your legs so it makes sense the legs feel weak. You also probably have a misalignment at the top of your neck where the spinal cord leaves the brain. This will make your whole body weak as muscles contract because of nerve signals.

I'd suggest you visit an Osteopath or Chiropractor purely at first for a bio mechanical assessment. It's worth you confirming what the issue is.

You will no doubt have lots of adhesed (stuck together) muscles which have covered themselves in scar tissue. These muscles will need to be released and massaged heavily before any Osteopathic manipulation can hope to work. If you adjust muscles that are stiff they will just tear and cause more scar tissue. I personally have benefitted from Tui Na massage which is a Chinese form of Osteopathy/Massage.

Any permanent physical trauma, like the shrapnel, will complicate things and you will need to get both opinions from surgeons (regarding removal) and muscle experts (regarding it's influence on your problem).

Bear in mind that, much like builders, it's hard to find a good Osteopath, Physio, Masseur, etc. Most people don't have the dedication/drive to master their profession.

I'd advise you to ask around friends and family and try to see if anyone had a serious problem fixed and who helped them.

In short

0. Write a Conclusive history of all the physical knocks and trauma's you have since a child. Note their position and the age in which you suffered them. In particular look out for changes in the way you ran/walked.
1. Look into removal of shrapnel.
2. Get your biomechanics looked at by a Osteopath and Chiropractor.
3. Get your biomechanics/muscle tissue looked at by a very good Sports Physio or Tui Na expert

Now try to work out a chain of dysfunction from an initial injury or injuries into the way you are now. For example your buttock shrapnel injury itself could go on to cause all the problems you have. Other issues could also have contributed and would need to be addressed.

4. Remove all the adhesions and scar tissue from you muscles by deep tissue massage
5. Manipulate the Spine back into Alignment

Spinal manipulation can work well but it's important to get the muscles healthy before you start as tight muscles will only form more scar tissue if you suddenly try to stretch them through manipulation.

Here's a nerve chart explaining where they leave the spine and what they do.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... _Chart.jpg

Last edited by David88 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:22 pm

england wrote:
David,

Thanks for posting. Il 100% book and see someone regarding the nerves/muscular side of things. My GP prescribed me Lycra? He to thinks its nerve related, but seemed to quote the problem being the prostate and tension caused by an infecton which had now been cured due to the obscene amounts of anti biotics i had taken?

To be honest, he did say this was not his area of expertise, and that more detailed and investigative questions should realy be aimed towards my current Urologist. But its this Urologist that said my Prostatis is "self remitting" and that after a couple of years it would go away? Bah....dont believe that for a second. When i see him on the 25th, il be looking for a few more answers.

In my opinion you are much more likely to find the answers you seek by talking to Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Physio, Tui Na, Myo-Fascial Release Practitioners.

Urologists and GP's aren't taught bio-mechanics in any detail and don't take the time to learn it...sadly.

I was on Lyrica and it helped a bit with tingling but really we want to get you off medication as soon as possible.

Write everything down in a report with a timeline and then start visiting people to educate yourself on your problem.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 pm

David thanks for all the information!

At and around when all my symptoms first started, i was in the middle east, i remember now taking an, all mighty tumble actually "knocking me out", and when i mean bad, it was bad! when i did come around my neck was killing me for a few days! It wasn't sore like muscles, but was very stiff and gave me headaches. I was checked over by he medics and carried on.

Not actually thought of it until you just suggested it. When i was aeromeded back to the UK, i saw a Senior Physiotherapist, who examined me for a few minutes, she asked me to latteraly raise my legs from a laying down position, my legs felt like i couldn't and diddnt have the strength to raise, they would shake and tremble and they still do to this day. She immediately said this was something more serious, and referred me to a neurologist. He examined me for literately 1minute, did a MRI and said there was nothing wrong with me and that i was neurologically sound.

Might sound silly, but could this be whats causing my grief Dave? Ive never mentioned this to any doctors???

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 pm

england wrote:
David thanks for all the information!

At and around when all my symptoms first started, i was in the middle east, i remember now taking an, all mighty tumble actually "knocking me out", and when i mean bad, it was bad! when i did come around my neck was killing me for a few days! It wasn't sore like muscles, but was very stiff and gave me headaches. I was checked over by he medics and carried on.

Not actually thought of it until you just suggested it. When i was aeromeded back to the UK, i saw a Senior Physiotherapist, who examined me for a few minutes, she asked me to latteraly raise my legs from a laying down position, my legs felt like i couldn't and diddnt have the strength to raise, they would shake and tremble and they still do to this day. She immediately said this was something more serious, and referred me to a neurologist. He examined me for literately 1minute, did a MRI and said there was nothing wrong with me and that i was neurologically sound.

Might sound silly, but could this be whats causing my grief Dave? Ive never mentioned this to any doctors???

Absolutely.

You could have caused a mis-alignment at your C1 (Atlas) vertebra in your neck. It won't show up on MRI but it is a very real issue. Had it myself.

Once it goes out, it will twist your entire spine too.

Chiropractors are good at checking the C1 (Osteopath's don't tend to look at it).

The muscles around your neck have probably become short and tight. If you pull your chin in towards your chest do you hear any little clicking noises? I used to get them.

Do go and get a wide spread of different opinions over the next month before you start treatment anywhere.

A Chiropractor might click your neck and take the symptoms away but unless the muscles are properly massaged and the adhesions worked on it will only be a temporary relief.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next