Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How long after sex would prostatitis occur? 

Post How long after sex would prostatitis occur?
So...I don't think I got prostatitis after my sexual encounter. I have no bacteria in multiple urinalysis tests and no white blood cell count in my blood or urine either.

I had sex and got a yeast infection, but no prostatitis symptoms. Then a month later it suddenly became hard to pee, lower back hurt, then pubic area began to throb. For those of you who know much about the bacterial side of this and for those of you who have a positive culture, how long did it take for your symptoms to occur? A few days? A week?

Thank you, this will be a big help.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:54 am

Post Re: How long after sex would prostatitis occur?
My symptoms of urethritis began 48 hours after my sexual encounter (itchy meatus and extensive discharge). Those continued for almost three months before I got the dreaded golf ball in the rectum feeling. My reading seems to indicate that STD infections take several days to a week before you typically notice symptoms. I tested positive for ecoli and enterococcus over the past several years though I have no idea if either of those are what caused my prostatitis.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]