Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Survey: results from physical therapy exercises? 

Post Survey: results from physical therapy exercises?
I'm interested in doing a quick survey to ascertain some information about physical therapy exercises and their effects in different cases of prostatitis/CPPS.

Who in the forums have had effective, long-lasting results from physical therapy prescribed exercises (yoga, stretching, light lifting, walking, etc.)? If yes, what do you think helped most? If no, what were the effects (no help, more pain, additional symptoms, etc.)?

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 am

Post Re: Survey: results from physical therapy exercises?
None in my case. In fact, I were one month with a unbearable pain in the right leg so strong that didn't let me sleep doing to stretching too much. Fortunately time and rest cured it.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 pm

I think that's one of the problems with physical therapy. Stretching and exercise is prescribed too strongly and it's overemphasized in their clinical protocols, in regard to prostatitis/CPPS. Stretching is primarily for preparing to do strenuous exercise, not to heal chronic pain in and of itself or with only a little bit of massage.

Last edited by presto423 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 pm

I think that in my case it was because I stretched in winter with cold temperature and without warming up. But anyway, I were doing the exercises every day and it didn't help. From the beginning I was skeptical because I were doing karate a lot of years and I have good flexibility. I suspect that my prostatitis cause is a chronic infection.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 am

i've seen a benefit, but not a cure. Having said that, I have talked to a large number of individuals who have seen major improvements with this approach. The problem with running this type of survey here is that the people who have benefited aren't here any more :)

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm

I've had good effects at times, and some of the stretches & exercises usually don't make the pain worse while I'm doing them... unless I'm doing them too extensively or it was when I first started them. I think they're too inconsistent in their effects for me. At least at this time. Then again, my condition is CPPS, not bacterial, as far as I know. It could be bacterial by this time, which may be due to backflow from urinary problems or a weak immune system.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:16 am

The main goal of this survey was to gather some information about what's working and what's not for others, and then use it to develop my own approach to exercises. It's information that could also be used to inform and discuss with therapists what they're doing that doesn't work and affirm what's working with more than simply my own personal experience to back it up.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]