Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anyone else have throat issues? 

Post Anyone else have throat issues?
Ever since this all started my throat has felt clogged or swollen. It feels almost numb and sometimes my neck is very hard to the touch. Could this be swollen lymph nodes?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:39 am

Post Re: Anyone else have throat issues?
yeah, my throat often feels swollen and I have lots of sinus stuff draining into it. It's the thin kind that causes me to cough frequently and that also causes muscle tightening that results in increased pain sometimes. I'm currently taking a steroid nasal spray and loratadine, which work to an extent, but aren't a solution yet. Did you get a flu shot?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Are you on Flomax? It can restrict your airways slightly.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello guys...
I want to be in contact with people with throat issues. I would like to have details about it. In my case maybe is driven by deviated septum, however in the past in never gave me any problem until my prostate became bigger.
I have like a thick phelgm in the throat that from time to time i have to throw it away, but the beginning of this story came with a tonsillitis that i treated with antibiotics.
I never had tonsillitis and i'm in shock to not know what caused this tonsillitis, of course it was winter time and people had a lot of viruses, but after that i was left with a cough with phelgm (initially was dried coug....i'm confused and a bit lost....

I alsto feel like i have a lymph node under my left arm, indeed with tonsillitis i could saw a red spot swollen that lasted for 1 day only...but after it went away i still feel as though it is there however nothing is found..even doctors when they see it they say you have nothing, however when i press my left arm to my body i feel there is something, like a hidden lypmh node...it is ridiculous..i hope someone has something similar..
regard

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:23 am

I have a continual, yet intermittent, phlegm problem that occasionally results in coughing spells. It has lasted for months, and years, though is at times gone or less. I haven't had tonsilitis, as far as I recall, but possibly had it when I was a kid. I don't have any highly noticeable swollen lymph nodes / spots under my arms or other areas that have lasted for a long time. However, I have experienced swollen throat glands infrequently and occasionally feel a part of my leg / arm / belly / neck is a bit harder than usual or slightly sensitive to pressing down on it. It doesn't go for long before it's completely gone.

There's something about phlegm problems that is connected to prostatitis, I think, in my case. I used to get phlegm problems during change of season with bad allergies, and with an intense cold / sinus condition, and those went for 1-3 weeks at the most. Now my throat also is much more dry at night than years ago, and that is a part of the coughing I have to do at night when I get it to solve it. Even drinking water / juice / milk is often ineffective at reducing or stopping the phlegm buildup and draining. One of the things I discovered about lymphatic tissue is it's susceptible to the inflammation response, and doesn't end until something else has stopped that was an ill / sick condition. A few things that helped me in the past with breathing difficulties from the sinus / phlegm problems are breathing strips (placed over the nose to open airways), cold/sinus relief medicine, vapor rub under my nose, and deeply breathing in fresh, really cold / warm air.

I suggest researching lymph nodes, phlegm production, and the inflammation response. The brain is capable of producing pain responses, and / or the nervous system is too, by subconscious and conscious memories. I think it is similar to muscle memory, in which a task or action such as lifting weights or driving a car becomes easier to do with repetition, the motions and techniques being learned not only in my mind but also in my muscles / body. The inflammation response is said to be an alert system for pain or something wrong, and involves nerves and chemical signals, so it's like a memory of repetitive inflammation producing the same results over and over. Pain is getting caused over and over, making it difficult for my brain / body to understand the actual problem(s) and go beyond the inflammation response to allow healing. Antibiotics work for bacterial cases often because there's something helping to get rid of the actual issue...the bacterial infection. Yet with non-bacterial, and things like mysteriously swollen lymph nodes / continual phlegm, the uncertainty remains about what is causing it and what to do.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:24 pm

Hello Presto,
In my case the doctor put a tube inside my pharynx until the larynx to check and she found a granuloma (in the larynx) on the left side, which makes total sense because when i cough i can feel it precisely from what part i feel the discomfort. and it is exactly where this granuloma is. She prescribed me medicine for acid reflux but I feel it is useless because then the question is_ why i got acid reflux? and she doesn't know.
I'm sure i got a virus infection in nov. 2019, and maybe prostatitis has weakend my inmune system so was easy to feel terrible.
Whatever infection has given me this granuloma It has come in 4 waves, but each wave much softer.
1st wave: lymph node under the arm, white tongue, canker soar at the lateral sides of the tongue, dry cough, soar throat, joint pain, left side headache
2nd wave: white tongue, canker soar at the lateral sides of the tongue, cough, soar throat, dry cough, joint pain but all of them mild compared to the first wave,
3rd wave: canker soar at the lateral sides of the tongue, cough with phelgm everyday, all of them mild compared to the second wave, (larynx granuloma detected, starts taking omeprazole). Also i measure my prostate size here and was 27mm3 compared to 20mm3 in previous months.
4th wave: canker soar at the lateral sides of the tongue, cough with phelgm at a lower rate, green stool :/ all of them mild compared to the third wave

I don't even know if it s canker soar, some doctors says you bite your tongue while sleeping. I totally disagree. This white spot in my mouth I had it since the beginning of my prostatitis story but is a tiny dot at one side of the tongue and usually comes and goes. I don't feel pain. Once I did a biopsy and the dentist said is benign, however I don't know what it is, it may be leukoplakia but still in "baby-"state so nothing to worry about.. Well, when I got tonsillitis in november and got a white tongue + big cancker soars at the lateral sides, but today it has reached the size of a tiny spot but at both sides. Usually this white thing i can easily remove it by scratching with my nails.

Also when I say waves means that there were periods in between that I didn't have anything and I was feeeling good.. So far 3 months with this. I'm in the 4th wave that started 3 days ago or so. I was cool for a week before that.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:20 am

I was getting canker sores between my gums and the inner part of under / above my lips. I don't think I had / have a granuloma. It's certainly the case of prostatitis weakening my immune system, and I have fatigue, weakness, and tension headaches every day...which have decreased slowly over time. The tension headaches are gone for a bit and return, while almost always fatigue and weakness. I'm not sure how to approach being less fatigued and weak because with exercise I can too easily push it too far and get injured, strain / pull muscles, get more tired, and it's not a complete solution. One activity helping me so far is laying down for short periods and not going to sleep, or sleeping for a short while. In 2017 and 2018 I went to physical therapy and got some relief from the various exercises and massage work that was done on me there, yet the visits ran out and the exercises became too difficult and straining to continue, so for months I was only receiving therapeutic massage. Electric stimulation is another one I got there that helped most of the time. It relaxes the nerves and muscles, and usually would completely remove the pain or mostly remove it during the process and up to an hour or two after leaving pain was much reduced.

Have you looked into any herbs to get relief?

I'm sharing mostly because I know it's easy to try different things without sufficient results, and that there's side effects to things which we often aren't well-informed of going to one or two doctors and simply getting a diagnosis.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:31 pm

I started taking B2, B6 and B12 in liquid form and have had no canker sores since. Was getting quite a few. Prostate symptoms also greatly improved.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Since i had deviated septum and was not having prostate/penis pain, only enlarged prostate through ultrasound measurement i decided to go to a surgery. So far i regret it but let's see if that gives me some answers

the first thing is that like a miracle canker soars went away entirely. I'm not even sure how come but yes as soon as surgery was over i started taking dalacin (clindamycin) to avoid possible infections due to surgery. Maybe was that?
However, the problem is that as soon as i started this antibiotic i got penis burning, dang! Pain was back, 4 days later it is very mild but it gave me diarrhea...I also hate this because i've been fighting with loose stool due to prostatitis fight before and i was able to improve my stool to the level of 90% thanks to amoxicilin and clharythromycin + probiotics that include the combo streptococcus faecalis, clostridium butyricum, and bacillu mesentericus..but well that's why so far i regret...

What I have now is swelling of my palate (upper part of my mouth). doctor says it is not red so not related to an infection but is a new symptom, never had this except when drinking by mistake something very hot but i hope it is due to the surgery, otherwise may be some manifestation of a bacteria or virus...
My possible candidates are staphyloccoccus resistance bacteria and some virus like CMV. I will aso check my CD4, it is low in hiv patients but i also read that it may be low in negative patients due to other causes...it wil be worthy to try these tests. Granuloma likely is still there, i cannot check yet because my nose is in recovery mode.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 am

It sounds like you have a bacteria or virus problem in the mouth / throat. Viruses thrive on glands and induce inflammation responses such as swelling, tension, rash, irritation, and flu/cold like problems. Where do you live? Changes in weather and climate can also cause problems such as those and not be a 'bug'...especially if the immune system is down or vulnerable and while taking prescription drugs. Do you drink alcohol at all? high caffeine / sugar drinks? high acid content stuff (orange juice, tomatoes, lemons/limes, salad dressings, etc)?

Hot spices, and some milder ones are capable of causing swelling too, even if usually they don't do so. Drinking a mild tea or a warm milk might give relief. There's also anti-inflammation, and inflammation-reducing herbs in capsule form. Try to avoid ones such as ginger that are inflammation-inducing sometimes. Peppermint, gingko biloba, licorice root, and lots of others are really mild and have a cooling or relaxing effect that reduces swelling, inflammation, pain, and irritation.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello,
I decided to wait 3.5 months to do an hiv test because of this weird virus infection. Well all is ok, so likely it was a winter virus (e.g., coronavirus). I live in Japan as a foreginer btw, so yeah this weather can be very tough for me.

On the other hand, I want to pay a lot of attention to Dalacin (Clindamycin). When I had the deviated septum operation I was prescribed this anitbiotic and as soon as I took it my penis burning feeling came back. It was odd. Also I developed diahrrea. The doctor changed the medication after 3 days to Claritromycin and well, one week later the penis odd feeling faded away, not totally but is so mild that I literally can live happily with it for the rest of my life.

I wonder if anybody have had such an experience with Clindamycin. I believe there is a key ingredient in Clindamycin that targets the prostate issue, that's why my pain came back in a horrible way. I was feeling perfect before, during clindamycin it was painful, and now is very mild. Now even my sexual appetite is coming back, I'm waking up with erections, but really guys Clindamycin has something and I will check it back one year later. I want to be out of medicine for a year at least and then I will come back and target Climdamycin.

I can say that Tranexamic acid is an amazing reliever for the prostate, It worked for me. In my case what cured my horrible discomfort in the past was amoxicilin + clarytromycin + tranexamic acid. The latter worked as an anti-inflammatory but i stayed pain free for like 2 months after finishing medication... it may have been forever who knows but I took Clindamycin + Masturbation and now I'm back with a very mild pain that is present mostly when i drink a lot of water or in specific time frames that last as much 2 hours.

Regarding the throat, all is extremely better. I don't know if it was because of the deviated septum surgery or instead because of clindamycin drug. But really, what a drug, after taking it canker soar is gone completely....though many factors may be involved...maybe the virus infection I had finally is fading away, or indeed it was the surgery.... more research needs to be done...but so far I'm satisfied with the procedure I took.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]