Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 prostate cancer young age? 

Post prostate cancer young age?
They say that those who get prostate cancer under 40, so very young relatively speaking have more aggressive, obvious symptoms? Is this correct, in general?

I heard that one guy, my age (34), had stage 4 aggressive cancer. I mean that is scary but I'm guessing extremely rare?

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Post Re: prostate cancer young age?
Winglets you need to slow down with the new thread creation. I can't even keep track of your questions. I recommend consolidating all your questions into one thread and chill on making new threads for every question you have. Of course there was "one guy" somewhere who had prostate cancer at 34yo at some point in history. I'm sure there was "one guy" at some time in history that got it at 15yo too. My dad got it at 48yo which is considered pretty young (post-surgery he's still alive at 67yo and in excellent health btw). Prostate cancer is basically the male equivalent of breast cancer. It's well understood and quite treatable if caught early which is pretty straightforward with PSA tests and annual uro visits as you get into your 40s and 50s. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it at your age. Get a PSA test and then relax.

ADMIN NOTE: I also advised him of this. Starting 30 different threads is not conducive to getting answers.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:39 pm

prostate454 wrote:
Winglets you need to slow down with the new thread creation. I can't even keep track of your questions. I recommend consolidating all your questions into one thread and chill on making new threads for every question you have. Of course there was "one guy" somewhere who had prostate cancer at 34yo at some point in history. I'm sure there was "one guy" at some time in history that got it at 15yo too. My dad got it at 48yo which is considered pretty young (post-surgery he's still alive at 67yo and in excellent health btw). Prostate cancer is basically the male equivalent of breast cancer. It's well understood and quite treatable if caught early which is pretty straightforward with PSA tests and annual uro visits as you get into your 40s and 50s. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it at your age. Get a PSA test and then relax.

ADMIN NOTE: I also advised him of this. Starting 30 different threads is not conducive to getting answers.

If your dad is 67 now that must make you rather quite young, how old are you?
It is scary reading how prostate cancer does not usually present with symptoms. Most people are diagnosed through annual PSA testing and other examinations right? So it is worrying to note that you could have it and not know it.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm 37. Had prostatitis since just after my 35th birthday. Basically what you've expressed is the greatest fear with most all cancers - not knowing you have it until it's too late. But they're pretty good at testing for prostate cancer these days.

Then again this isn't a prostate cancer forum, it's a prostatitis forum.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]