Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 prostate issues at night time? 

Post prostate issues at night time?
Why do prostate issues, if you have them, flare up or become more evident when you’re in bed overnight? Is it something to do with being prone/lying down?

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

Post Re: prostate issues at night time?
I think that it's because we tense the muscles while sleeping. And that's also what the pelvic floor phisiotherapist told me. It makes sense even if the cause is an infection.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:57 pm

I find that is also true for me.

Prostatitis is a dull pain. It is painful but dull and I find during the day when more distracted means you feel it a little less. During the night you don't have those distractions and take notice of the pain more.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Yup always at their worst when I lay down for bed at night. Always feel better for the first few minutes when I wake up in the morning too.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:37 pm

prostate454 wrote:
Yup always at their worst when I lay down for bed at night. Always feel better for the first few minutes when I wake up in the morning too.

Can someone explain why this is please? The last few days now, I've woken up around 2am with a stronger urge to pee, however it's still not strong enough to actually make me go pee. Sometimes I'll fall back to sleep only to wake up again around 4-5am with that urge still present. However, my actual urination frequency is normal, that's volumes (about 2-2.5l a day) and number of times I'm going (4-5 times/day), it's just that at night time I keep waking up at these odd times even though I've made sure I didn't drink anything before bed.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]