Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 what are the most common symptoms? 

Post what are the most common symptoms?
Does Prostatitis usually present with some kind of pain? I'm thinking as it's an infection, it's usually painful, correct? So, in this context that would be painful urination, straining, weak flow etc?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Post Re: what are the most common symptoms?
I think the classic symptoms are pain with ejaculation, pain in the prostate region, pain or discomfort when urinating, and increased urinary frequency. Now there seems to be a lot of variation and it does overlap with prostate cancer a bit, so needs to be checked by an urologist.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 pm

An online internet survey by Dr Alexander and Dave Trissell found that the most common simptom of prostatitis was pain.
If no pain is present it just might be BPH or, heaven forbid, prostate cancer.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 pm

I have been on prostatitis several years and in my case there is no pain. It affects mainly my libido and I feel a burning sensation specially when ejaculating. I have been in a lot of urologists and no one has even thought about a prostate cancer due to my age, similar to yours. It's almost impossible you have a prostate cancer with that age. What makes you think so? It's a prostatitis, surely.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I have been on prostatitis several years and in my case there is no pain. It affects mainly my libido and I feel a burning sensation specially when ejaculating. I have been in a lot of urologists and no one has even thought about a prostate cancer due to my age, similar to yours. It's almost impossible you have a prostate cancer with that age. What makes you think so? It's a prostatitis, surely.

I'm not sure it is prostatitis though as I've never had any pain whatsoever. Usually with an infection you would be experiencing some pain and irritation or burning.
You're right the chances of PC for men under 40 is like 1 in 10,000. It does very rarely happen in men in their early 40s and sadly can be very aggressive but there can't be many cases at all with men younger than that. However, it's my anxiety that won't make me reassured by that stat. I need to relax.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:25 pm

There are cases in which an infection doesn't cause pain at all or so mild that you get used to it. In my case, in fact, at first I didn't thought that was a prostatitis what was causing my symptoms because nothing hurted. I can experience burning when ejaculating or urinating but not chronic pain. I guess that depends on the cause of your prostatitis and the zone that is affected.

About your anxiety, I can understand it. I have also anxiety and sometimes even looking at any changes in my nails I can get very horrified thinking that it is a cancer or something grave. My general doctor once told me "if you see an equine like animal here (Spain) you must think that it's a horse and not a zebra". He wanted me to understand that I always think about the most serious and improbable diseases rather than just think in the most mild and common. Anxiety sucks. It's not easy to deal with it and I don't want to use drugs for that. I was taking them in the past and it was horrible, I suspect that they leaved something unbalanced that messes with my libido. Even I suspect that they caused indirectly my chornic prostatitis by making the prostate vulnerable, because all of this started when I took those drugs.

Anxiety has made me think that tremblings and paresthesias were a brain tumour or some neurodegenerative disease and it wasn't so. I have had colitis and blood in the feces, also thin feces, and I thought that it was a colon cancer, it wasn't. The list can continue... I'm trying to not think in the worst when something like that happens but it's very difficult. In my case it's because I'm alone and don't have any family support with my problems. And also, I have lost my faith in the doctors, they have never helped me and the last time I was in one's office I were one month with a terrible anxiety and panic attacks due to his psychopathic behaviour. They have never helped me with the chronic prostatitis and some of them even laughed at me. So, I'm in a situation where I can't trust or ask for help to anybody. That's what makes me afraid of having some serious health problem, I guess.

If you have any person whom you can trust talk a lot, because that's the best way to mitigate the anxiety. When we are alone everything looks like the end of the world.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]