Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 confusion with m-sturbation 

Post confusion with m-sturbation
Now the common, recent research says that regular m-sturbation can aid prostate health and even possibly prevent cancer, however I just need clarification over this because to me this doesn't make sense.

If m-sturbation and sexual activity can increase your PSA level then surely it makes sense that that would then increase your risk of getting cancer...right? Higher the PSA, higher the risk of cancer. So if men are m-sturbating very regularly like I have been over a lifetime then surely you are constantly INCREASING your PSA level not decreasing it.

So how/why do people conclude that regular m-sturbation is recommended for protecting your prostate?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 am

Post Re: confusion with m-sturbation
Winglets if you are getting a test to check your sugar you don’t eat a candy bar before the test because it will distort the results. Same thing with having sex before a PSA test.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 pm

There’s too much confusion unfortunately about PSA. You have to use common sense in looking at test results. PSA increases as you age regardless of anything else. PSA can go up during prostatitis. PSA can go up after a prostate exam, especially a massage. You can have cancer with a low PSA. It’s just one test which may or may not mean anything other than a number on a chart.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm

HI, To comment on your activity and concern,
Anything you do in life it's called moderation but hey if your feeling aroused that you want to masturbate or have sex say more go for it. Who told you and or where did you hear it that doing either causes or speeds up your getting cancer? That is about the most off the wall thing i have ever heard in my life to be honest. Sure if your going to have your PSA test right after or very soon after either masturbating or having sex the levels will slightly increase due to the fact the prostate was aroused and the blood flow was increased due to your activity so that's why Dr's will say let the prostate calm down for a few days before you have the PSA test. If i was you i would just relax and enjoy what you do don't go off the deep end.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:48 pm

I don't know much about it, but I think the PSA test is not going to show whether regular masturbating would cause cancer or prostatitis. In fact, when I read about the prostate swelling one time, I think I remember, it swells internally, inside it. If you want to learn more about the potential risk of cancer, perhaps you should read scientific journal articles about it.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]