Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Anyone tried a water fast? 

Post Anyone tried a water fast?
I have a friend who’s a fellow sufferer and he did a 3 day water fast. He says his symptoms nearly disappeared BUT came back after a week or 2. He’ll now fast (read water only) 1 day every week to see if it helps long term. I’m considering trying this protocol. Anyone else try something similar?

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Post Re: Anyone tried a water fast?
Hey RPS, you could probably get a similar effect by avoiding all carbs, sugars, and fruits for a while. Yakuh is a guy here who has done that diet for over 6 months, and he's now 95-100% symptom free all the time.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Hey RPS, you could probably get a similar effect by avoiding all carbs, sugars, and fruits for a while. Yakuh is a guy here who has done that diet for over 6 months, and he's now 95-100% symptom free all the time.

Good point. I currently eat OMAD (read one meal a day) as part of an IF ( intermittent fasting ) protocol. I TRY to keep my intake low carb, high fat. I slip sometimes and eat more carbs than I should. I’ve lost 60 lbs so far with another 30 or so to go. I do agree that sugar be it in the form of carbs or any type of glucose/fructose is not a good thing. I will
try to tighten up everything and hopefully that’ll help. Thank you for your informative response.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm

You're welcome man, and huge congrats on the weight loss, that is quite the accomplishment!

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 pm

instead of doing a water fast do a bone broth fast so you can benefit from the healing power of bone broth. I did a 3 day bone broth fast for 3 days. No foods except water and bone broth (5 x a day). It helped reboot my system. Inflamed is right about the low carb low sugar diet. I've been doing it straight for 8 months now and been in 90-95% symptom free. I recommend Reishi mushroom and Ashwagandha for supplements.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:31 am

Thank you. I will definitely consider it his.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 am

I suffered from a dull ache in my pubic region for over 15 years that was prostate-related and there were some other minor symptoms too. I was getting nowhere with this problem after xxxx courses of antibiotics so I decided on a water fast, which was highly successful because the unpleasant feelings ceased at some point during it and have not returned since. I can't remember the exact duration of the fast but lasted right over the weekend, so at least 2 days.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:18 pm

HI, Your body needs water to keep you hydrated, keep your kidneys functionally properly and to give energy. Avoiding water for 3 days especially is putting your body into shock. My opinion not a good idea and as well has nothing to do with limiting your symptoms .

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 pm

bythebay wrote:
HI, Your body needs water to keep you hydrated, keep your kidneys functionally properly and to give energy. Avoiding water for 3 days especially is putting your body into shock. My opinion not a good idea and as well has nothing to do with limiting your symptoms .

Not AVOIDING WATER but rather only consuming water for a given period of time.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 am

I think TS58 was suggesting a water fast, that is where you drink water not avoid it, but eat nothing - for a certain amount of time. I am not keen on the fasting idea as a whole, but people seem to get results from fasting, other than just getting hungry.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:05 am

Quote:

I believe this 'water fast' entails drinking water only for 3 days, rather than going without water during this period.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 am

Apologies for more or less repeating what was in the previous two posts. When I replied, the last post was from bythebay but it takes a while for my contributions to be approved by the moderator(s).

Anyway, like I say, the 3-day water fast was hugely successful for me. I suspect it flushed things out (including whatever infection was present) in a way that it cannot do when you're taking in food at the same time. I'm sure that many types of food - especially if laden with sugar - are bad for the prostate and that taking a break from them every so often gives it a chance to recover.

I dare say that juice fasts are effective too, but the benefit of water is that it's pH neutral and as natural a liquid as you will find, so if you intend to cleanse your system by abstaining from food it makes sense to avoid all the flavourings and additives in drinks such as fruit juices, which to a degree will negate what you're trying to achieve.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 am

Fasting is good way to detox as well as to reboot your system. I did a 3 day bone broth fast in June where I only drink bone broth 5 x a day and lots of water in between and it did contributed to my healing to a certain extent.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 am

Google "dr. Valter Longo" and you will find a ton of his research on fasting. Specifically 3 day fasting to reboot the immune system. Most people who eat carbs and sugar run off glucose. Glucose feeds harmful candida which causes flareups. Once I cut carbs and sugar my symptoms will sometime be nonexistent.

While fasting drink salt water to keep your electrolytes up. If you ever feel a headache or uncomfortable add Himalayan pink salt to some water and drink it and youll be good as new. Once your body kicks into Ketosis you'll feel better than ever. If you already do IF then doing a full 24-72 hour fast should be a walk in the park. Avoid carbs and sugar. If candida is whats effecting your prostate you will def notice improvements. I'm about to start taking candida killing supplements while doing low carb IF. I just got off a 2 day fast and it helped quite a bit.

Do water only, bone broth has protein in it which will be hard for you to go into ketosis.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]