Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Has anyone gotten an MRI? 

Post Has anyone gotten an MRI?
Hi,

I got an MRI a while back (mainly to R/O tumor and/or abscess), results came back with findings "consistent with prostate inflammation and/or infection." To me this is a clear sign that my symptoms are not due to muscular tension etc. but rather a true prostate condition. A urologist I saw afterwords said that MRIs often have false positives and can't be entirely trusted.

Anyone have similar experience or thoughts about this?

Thanks

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Post Re: Has anyone gotten an MRI?
I had a MRI. My follow up to discuss it ended up being with a Junior NHS Doctor who said that I don't have Prostatitis. I don't know what the report exactly said. I told him I don't believe him and demanded I see someone else so I saw the senior consultant who apologised and told me that I definitely do have Prostatitis.

Why don't you think yours is muscular? There will always be debate whether it is bacteria and muscular and I think common sense really tells you it could be either depending on the circumstances of the individual.

What are your symptons? Any rectal pain by any chance?

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks for the response. I would think that if the symptoms are more CPPS and muscular than the MRI wouldn't say that the prostate was inflamed. I did pelvic PT for a while, which helped to an extent, but plateaued (and according to my PT my pelvic floor tightness was gone).

My symptoms are discomfort in rectum, akin to that golf ball feeling people talk about. Not pain per se but discomfort and the feeling like something is swollen in there. Also, urinary urgency, getting the sensation to pee in penis rather than bladder and feeling like it's going to come out of me (different than really needing to pee back before all this started). Some mild other symptoms (erections not as hard, mild pain after orgasm) but really mainly those two.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

cageybruin wrote:
Hi,

I got an MRI a while back (mainly to R/O tumor and/or abscess), results came back with findings "consistent with prostate inflammation and/or infection." To me this is a clear sign that my symptoms are not due to muscular tension etc. but rather a true prostate condition. A urologist I saw afterwords said that MRIs often have false positives and can't be entirely trusted.

Thanks

Had prostatitis for 7 or 8 years. Has mri to rule out prostate cancer

Mri ruled out cancer and didn’t show inflammation or prostatitis either

Coincidently when prostate symptoms were at there worst I also had ibs

Had a colonoscopy which should candida and fungal infection

I was given nystatin and fluconazole for this. And my prostatitis symptoms went away

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
cageybruin wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Had prostatitis for 7 or 8 years. Has mri to rule out prostate cancer

Mri ruled out cancer and didn’t show inflammation or prostatitis either

Coincidently when prostate symptoms were at there worst I also had ibs

Had a colonoscopy which should candida and fungal infection

I was given nystatin and fluconazole for this. And my prostatitis symptoms went away

Bill ,

So you are symptom free now?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]