Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Long time CPPS sufferer — New symptoms 

Post Long time CPPS sufferer — New symptoms
Hi all.

I’ve had on and off bouts of CPPS for years now.

Most of my discomfort is using in the perinium and bladder area. I’ve done the antibiotic route a few times (even though there’s never been any evidence of infection), but I’ve come to terms with the fact that my symptoms are caused by tight/dysfunctional pelvic muscles.

In the last month or so, I’ve started getting different symptoms — pain in one testicle, and in the groin area right above and beside. I went and got checked twice. First time my GP said he didn’t see/feel anything. Second time, he said he thought my discomfort was being caused by epididymitis. Again, no urine test or anything to test that theory. I took a 10 day course of antibiotics to be sure. I don’t think it did anything. The discomfort comes and goes, and I’ve noticed it tends to be worse on days that my lower back/hips are also tight and hurting.

What do you guys think? Is this something different, or just another way CPPS is presenting?

Thanks.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Post Re: Long time CPPS sufferer — New symptoms
Just another cpps symptom, try some hot baths and a good pelvic stretching yoga routine. Be mindful of any unconscious clenching in the pelvic muscles.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:58 pm

WS1234 wrote:
Just another cpps symptom, try some hot baths and a good pelvic stretching yoga routine. Be mindful of any unconscious clenching in the pelvic muscles.

Thanks. That’s what I’ve been thinking too. But it’s just so weird that the symptoms are so different.
Do you have any yoga routines you recommend?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Hey I'm in the same boat...all the docs have exhausted their treatments for me and have diagnosed me with chronic pelvic pain syndrome
I am seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist, so far not much in the way of improvement but apparently it takes a long time to see relief.

I also do a routine that was recommended to me. The exercises might be difficult at first but it gets easier if you do it everyday.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 pm

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing?

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:55 pm

I recommend ashwagandha for muscle tension, inflammation, and anxiety which may be related to CPPS and also yoga. Could probably find some good yoga classes on YouTube, there’s that guy with the big black beard.... swami ramdev.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:44 pm

justjay wrote:
What kind of symptoms are you experiencing?

frequent urination, difficulty with urination and emptying. Pain above pubic bone and below, rectal pain.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I have the exact same symptoms..any luck with the pelvic floor therapist?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 am

chucktown wrote:
I have the exact same symptoms..any luck with the pelvic floor therapist?

What are your symptoms?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am

So after a week of being in constant pain from my scrotum, I decided to go back to the GP.

Again he said my epididymis felt a bit tender. Suggested I try another round of antibiotics.

I wasn’t inclined to do so.

So he sent me for an ultrasound. It came back completely clear.

So I’m more and more convinced this is just the newest CPPS symptoms for me. Right? Anyone have any insight?

What sort of stretching should I be doing?

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

I have CPPS too, which has presented in different pains, discomfort, and difficulties. Currently, I usually have perineum pain or urethra pain, or both. I also have hypersensitivity and dysesthesia/paresthesia in my groin and pelvic area. I also have digestive issues. I'm seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist, who has told me to do certain yoga stretches where I lay on my back and have my legs to the wall as though the wall is the floor. I can send you the instructions (with images) if you are interested in trying them. I've had temporary relief from doing them, but I think they at least sometimes have exacerbated pain and discomfort for me. From what I've read about myofascial release trigger point therapy, it's not always good to do stretches and exercises while receiving the the therapy, or not until I'm physically prepared so that I don't have increases in pain since that usually hinders progress to relief and healing. The mindfulness may work sometimes, but they also say to get your mind off of it, even other pains and injuries, to prevent anxiety and exacerbation of problems. I experience the most relief when I relax, when I eat well, and when I don't have such a continuous source(s) of anxiety and pain worsening events.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

justjay how did your symptoms started? i think i have the same symptoms that you have now.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]