Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Fourth Diagnosis of Prostatitis in past 10 years-32yo 

Post Fourth Diagnosis of Prostatitis in past 10 years-32yo
Hey all,
32yo here, and had my first diagnosis of prostatitis at age 22 with characteristic symptoms of testicular/perineum pain, incomplete bladder empty, and burning/discharge at the tail end of my piss. Anyways back then, they did the pre and post prostate massage urine sample and found staph. They thought it was likely contaminant but treated me with antibiotics anyway. Similar symptoms happened again a few times, always just treated with antiinflammatories and hydration. Fast forward to past 4 weeks, been having R>L testicular pain, perineum pain and this is worse after sex, feels like i got kicked for about 24-48 hrs after ejaculating. Also with urinary symptoms again of dribbling and burning towards the end of a piss. I went to a urologist for first time today instead of primary care, he felt my balls, some more tenderness with deep push on my R nut, and then he said yep it is prostatitis again? He didnt do any other exam; he then had me give a basic urine sample for culture and wants me to do a semen culture. Just seeing what the thoughts are on doing a semen culture and the fact that the doc didnt actually check my prostate? I really want to avoid antibiotics at all costs. What would be the next steps if semen culture is negative?

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Post Re: Fourth Diagnosis of Prostatitis in past 10 years-32yo
Pelvic floor physio, CPPS treatments (stretching, diet, meditation, relaxation, diet)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks for the reply. This forum is an awesome resource. Still waiting on urine results, I have not done the semen culture yet because it is out of pocket cost and wanted to be sure it would help rule stuff out/look into causes further. I guess i will just go ahead with it as I have read on here that a semen culture yield/results are about the same as the prostate massage to express fluid for culture.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 am

Ask your doctor to do a microscopy and a culture of your expressed prostate secretion (EPS). That will point you in the right direction. If you have high WBC count in the microscopy and/or any bacteria growing in the culture, that is a sure shot sign of prostatitis.
Also get a microscopy and culture of the semen and look for the same pointers in that.
Urine cultures have proved to be absolutely useless for me and for everyone else who I know who is suffering from prostatitis, and the above two tests were the only ones that actually told me what my pathogens were.

If you have pathogens, you will need to remove them to get lasting relief, as you already know from your history with this disease. I learned this the hard way after suffering for many months. Antibiotics did not work for me either. What did work to remove my pathogens was phage therapy. If you find that your culture results point towards an infection and if you want to avoid antibiotics, phage therapy could be the answer you are looking for. It has really helped me and brought me back from a bad place health-wise. I will be happy to talk to you if you want to know more.

All the best,
Pranav

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Update: ultimately ended up getting a cystoscope up the pee hole. Found that I have a structure in most common location. The Doc is talking about doing a dilation. It sounded like this would be with some kind of sedation. Any body have experience with this or if a dilation helps? I would also hate to have to go home with a catheter in place. Kinda freaked by idea of dilation and maybe just better dealing with the prostatitis/urinary symptoms

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm

I had a stricture removed from near the end of my urethra by the opening. It didn't help a whole lot, and I did have the catheter at home for a few days, that sucked. Plus side, they will give you some pain meds which will keep you seriously loopy for the duration. lol

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]