Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Newbie here, hello ! Dos this sound like prostatitis ?? 

Post Newbie here, hello ! Dos this sound like prostatitis ??
Ok about 2 months ago I was having a tingle feeling in the tip of my penis and felt like i had to pee alot...Went to the Uro, I do have an enlarged prostate and my psa has been around .98-.99 for a few years now..He put me on 10 days of Cipro, my urine was clear but he said we could try this.

I am a 52 yr old cyclist who does about 2500 miles a year more or less.. after about 6 days on the cipro I felt normal again...We took a 13 hr car ride on a biking vacation, when I got out I had a werid pain in my penis and mild burn when peeing...biked all week ferlt pretty good, did notice burn when ejaculating...

Drove 13 hrs home and about 2 days later bad burn in the tip of penis when I pee..also 2 times there was visual blood and small amt of urine. He put me on Bactrim, I fe,t great after day 1 but 3 days later I developed sores in my mouth and on my skin so off the Bactrim and on Cipro for 20 days..I have about 5 more days left and I off and on feel ok.

Today I did strain when on the toilet and it seems I have dscomfort in perinum and mild burn feeling from time to time..

He said if it doesnt clear up he wants a ct of my belly but feels it will show nothing.. When I had the blood in my urine, I went to see him the next day and I had already taken 3 Bactrims, he tested my urine and said it was perfect...

Curious as to your thoughts
Great site

Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Post Re: Newbie here, hello ! Dos this sound like prostatitis ??
Hello,
From what you described with you symptoms,tingling at tip of penis and always feeling like you have to pee that sounds very much like prostatitis.I have the same feelings and even pain at the tip of my penis for 4.5 years now.If your unrine is fine and no sign of infection chances of the Bactrum doing any good is not going to as your being treated for the symptoms and for that most times really nothing helps except an anti inflamatory for the pain and inflamation.I don't think you have an enlarged prostate as many doctors have you believe as i was told the same like 5 years ago at age 51 and at the time it was enlarged ,yes but that's beacuse when something in your body is inflamed it's enlarged,Common Sense! Your P.S.A being under 1.00 is fantastic and nothing i would say to worry about.You riding a lot especially if your prostate is inflamed can cause it to become more swollen and inflamed,try some ice and some heat allternate and see if that gives you any relief.

Good Luck and hope you start feeling better.

Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

the blood freaked me out but that went away wihin 3 hrs of the bactrim, is blood normal with prostatitis ?? I have had 3 Drs tell me my prostate is enlarged, 2 uros and one gp

Mon May 07, 2012 11:56 pm

how often is blood a symptom of prostatitus ?? I was taken off the bactrim due to a rash, put on 20 days of cipro, i fell 95% better and havent had the blood again...But them I read online and it says blood is bladder cancer, man I would think if either of the 2 uros I have seen though this they would have done something ////

Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]