Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 can anyone help my dad. recently diagnosed with prostatitis 

Post can anyone help my dad. recently diagnosed with prostatitis
Hi im posting on behalf of my dad ( he doesnt have the internet). He was suffering with groin pain, back pain, frequently needing to wee, painful wee etc for 10 months. he has just been diagnosed with prostatitis after having EVERY test there is to offer. he has been on the medications prescribed for a number of weeks now with no improvement. He has been in so much pain he hasnt been able to work for nearly a year ( self employed plumber) and its seriously effecting him. His nerves are frayed as he has felt like nobody has known what his condition was at yhe jospitals and doctors for so long that he felt abandoned. he is worried this recent diagnosis is just yo fob him off, as his prostate was checked way back when he was first at the hospital and it was fine then? please does anyone have any advise, messages of hope i can pass on to him? i have seen my dad go from a strong confident man to a nervous shadow of his former self in the past year and its worrying my family sick. thank you

Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Post Re: can anyone help my dad. recently diagnosed with prostati
Call the toll free number for the Prostatitis Foundation and leave your mailing address or your father's. They will mail you a free information packet about prostatitis. (888 891 4200)
He needs to know he is not alone with this disease. Many people and many doctors know how serious it is.

Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm

If your father is not able to work he might be able to get disability while he is recovering. some others have. Leave a callback phone number on the 800 answering service and someone will contact you if you desire. There are possibilities for clinical trials and a few doctors who have treated a lot of prostatitis.

Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you. i will pass on the message.

Sun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi i went to visit my dad today. I passed on the information and asked if he had anything he would like me to ask you guys. he asked if anyone had any information on what he could take for the pain.

Mon May 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Moth,
Yes, there is something for pain. I live in Philly and went to a very prestigous pelvis pain clinic. They gave me lyrica. It worked great but makes u loopy. Side effects were too much for me as my pain was not that intolerable. I do want to point out that I too am tradesman ( carpenter). I was actually diagnosed with a tight pelvic floor from all the physical activity due to work. (carrying heavy materials, tools, etc) basically all the muscles surrounding bladder & prostate go into spasm and manifest pain, urinary, sexual problems. Chech out a book called headache in the pelvis. It helped me a lot, especially realizing it was a muscular condition not prostate. Since then, I've gotten internal trigger point phys therapy and I'm backed to work and the gym. I guarantee you this has nothing to do with your dads prostate. He most likely is suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction. I am very empathetic to his emotional state, it ruined my life and put me into a deep depression ( which makes symptoms worse) but trust me there is a resolution. Check out that book and utube the wise Anderson (Stanford) protocol. Thoroughly research it, and it will all make sense. Can't guarantee he will become 100 percent, but should be much improved. It basically saved my life and the best thing u can do it by yourself once you learn how to do internal/external trigger point release. Good luck! Any questions let me know.
Bbb15

Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 am

Hi. Thank you Bbb15 that was so helpful. i called my mum and relayed ypur message. she said that dad had always thought it was due to straining his groin. way back at the start of all this he said it felt muscular. he had physio but the guy pushed dad too far and the pain got worse. he thought it wasnt helping do stopped. i will buy dad the book you suggested. Mum called the numbers suggested but couldnt get through. it wasnt till you mentioned being in Philly that i realised the group was USA based (im UK) :) mum has now called the UK prostatitis association and i believe thet are sending her something.
i think dad will be very pleased to hear it might not be prostatitis.
I will keep you posted as to what happens next.
Thank you

Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 am

Moth,
Yes your dad complaining about groin issues would very much lead to pelvic floor dysfunction. I hope the book provides some insight. As ive stated earlier, i have no doubt all of this nonsense is from muscular dysfunction. Look into the pudendal nerve and how it functions the bladder, prostate, and anus. Once the muscles around it are tight or go into spasm, they impinge/inflame the nerve which leads to all this nonsense. Again, have your dad check out this information.

Sun May 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi
thank you. yes i will look into it and pass all info to my dad. :)

Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]