Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 My Fosfomycin log 

Post My Fosfomycin log
I started taking fosfomycin I will update here every day/dose I take until the end of it.

Day 1: Take monurol , it had an awful taste and I got nausea and stomach cramps shortly after. Went to sleep and woke up with stomach cramps and nausea. Had vegetables and milk and the cramps reduced abit. Feels easier to pee and can pee longer period. (more pee). My redness inside my urethra (pee hole) have disappeared completely and is now pink normal color. It was red before and was red for several years. Pain is still the same. (pelvic area, prostate, and testicles and inside urethra)
Day 2: Take monurol , still had it's awful taste but I got less nausea and stomach cramps after. I guess because I still had it in my system. Went to sleep and woke up with stomach cramps again however, but less nausea. Have got a "metallic" taste in my mouth now and feels like I begun to be sound-sensitive. (extremely sensitive to small sounds). The pee is back to normal, as it was before I started take monurol. Feels difficult to pee and abit painful. Pain is still the same, maybe even feels like it have increased somewhat then regular. But this may or may not be because of monurol, as prostatitis we are used to having ups and downs in pain levels every day.
Day 3: Skipped due to stomach cramps and nausea. Hope this doesn't break the effectiveness of a potential 'cure'. Was planning to go every 48h instead if that was ok.
Day 4:

Last edited by Twister on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:26 am

Post Re: My Fosfomycin log
How much water are you mixing it with Twister? I always dissolved mine in around 8 ounces of lukewarm filtered water, & found it didn't have much of a taste to it at all. Sort of like mineral water with a hint of tangerine. I had no stomach symptoms, but stool turned a bit "soft-serve" on me after a few days.

It may be you're not using enough water, & it's too concentrated to be palatable or perhaps burning the tissue of your stomach. Try a bit more dilution & see if this helps.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:15 pm

I use 100 ml water like it says in the document followed with it. (1 dl)

But I always have to add another to get the last powder that is in the bottom of the glass, and add extra water to diverse the bad taste and I also always drink a water after I took it to get rid of the taste in my mouth. I also dissolve it in cool water, because it says the water should be cool?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm

100 ml may be the minimum amount required to dissolve the med, but a bit more dilution might be in order.

A 3 gram dose will be 3 grams whether you mix it with 100 ml or 300 ml. You don't want to drink so much fluid you wash it through your system too swiftly (a liter or more), but more dilution might be the solution to your problem.

Please give this a try. I was very surprised to hear of your GI upset. I found my 8 oz cocktail to be quite pleasant, and a little extra dilution didn't hurt the effectiveness at all. 8 oz (my mix) is about 236 ml.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]