Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 E-mail Me If You Are Having Problems with This Forum 
Site Admin

Post E-mail Me If You Are Having Problems with This Forum
Some have reported problems posting. If you have a problem, feel free to email me at five@prostatitis.org and I will gladly help you. Typically I check the board every 30 minutes during the day starting about 8:30 AM EST until about midnight EST. My email goes to my Black Berry and I can answer you from that, no matter where I am.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 am

Post Re: E-mail Me If You Are Having Problems with This Forum
Hello I would like to thank you for the forum.Great information. However for some reason no one responds to my two post (one did to welcome me) The reason I joined beside the info was to get people's insights which is given to other posters for far less conditions. That being said I will no longer pot and keep reading/checking as there ate other forums. I need some help from people with the condition.-Clark

ADMIN NOTE:

Keep asking your question. The one thing I can tell you about this forum is it runs on a huge response cycle. We will go days without a single post and then suddenly, we will have as many as 30 posts and responses. Right now, I'd say we are in a low cycle but it will pick back up and there will be a flurry of posting. Never give up, never surrender.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:17 am

I just had a really important post taken down and no explanation? I'm trying to find out info on a herbal treatment and cant find anything out about the company, can some one please explain why it was taken down?

ADMIN NOTE: Your post was not taken down. You went in and edited it after I approved it. When you make a change in a post, it needs to be re-approved. Sadly, we live in a world where some delight in posting nothing but vile and filthy stuff. They also like to link to sites that are filled with viruses. My job is to stop them before they harm you. You would be amazed at the number of spammers you never see and the filth some try to post. There are days I delete more posts than I approve due to the filth of their content.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 am

Are right, I see, sorry. When I went in to re read it I noticed a typo so changed it.

Thanks

ADMIN NOTE: Not a problem. I am normally readily available for any and all issues. I am here to help!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but... How can I disable receiving E-mails every time someone answer in a topic I have participated in? I have looked for the option but I haven't found it.

Thanks in advance.

ADMINISTRATOR NOTE
Let me see what I can do for you.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but... How can I disable receiving E-mails every time someone answer in a topic I have participated in? I have looked for the option but I haven't found it.

Thanks in advance.

ADMINISTRATOR NOTE
Let me see what I can do for you.

When you post a reply, there is an option
Notify me when a reply is posted
that is checked by default.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:28 am

Is there an "about us" page so we can see who is running this forum?
Is it a sufferer of prostatitis?
Is it someone who sells or makes prostatitis products?
How many moderators are there, what are their life stories?

thanks

ADMIN NOTE: I can answer some of those questions, others I can't.

This forum is a subset of the main page, http://www/prostatitis.org From that page, you an learn many things about the site.

I'm not sure about your next two questions. A 'prostatitis sufferer' is a man who has this hazy, medically ill defined swelling of or infection of the prostate. If you have 'it,' you know. By and large, I deny most 'sellers' of merchandise designed to 'help prostatitis sufferers.' I also frown on referring to other like forums because otherwise this place would be filled with posts designed to draw you away from this one. We recently had a new poster who began to link to something on his website in every single post. When I 'challenged' him, he immediately told me he was 'taking his ball and going home' and that our readers here 'would deprived of his wonderful cures.' Yeah. We'll risk that problem. Besides, the one thing I've found with the 'old timer' posters here is that they can spot a 'con' a mile away. I sometimes approve a borderline post just to see the reaction of these posters. Nine times out of ten, the borderline poster is busted in short order. This forum has some very sharp guys as members and if you read and listen, you'll begin to see what works and what doesn't.

Now about Admins. By and large, it is just the eponymous "Me." I am forbidden by the contract I signed with this group to reveal myself. I took this forum over in early 2010 after several other admins lost control of it. They had not learned to properly check out each new applicant to the forum and invariably, the hackers got them. At the time I was hired to do this forum, I was running seven other forums on racing, high school sports, and other subjects and poster 'checking' was second nature. I run the IP, email, and user name of every poster that comes here through a site that many forums use. This site keeps a list of reported spammers, hackers, and other naughty posters. If your IP or email is on that list, you don't get here. We've had a couple people dispute an initial banning and we have made some exceptions.

I have a set step by step for this process that requires serious interaction with me so that your regular spammer type will just say, 'oh to heck with this crap,' and they leave, which is exactly why it happens. That's why this version of the forum is still here. Some posters get irritated with me when I challenge them, usually behind the scenes, but if you hang around, you'll see that this forum has a high degree of decorum as I prohibit 'naughty words.' As one poster told me (shortly before he was forever banned) that you are all adults. Indeed but that doesn't mean that the hundreds of lurkers out there are adults and one never knows just who is reading here. I ask that posters here put their best foot forward at all times.

My medical background? Again, by contract, I am not allowed to give or use my name but I agree you should know a little about me. I was a paramedic for roughly 14 years and then an Emergency Room RN for another 19 years. I have degrees in the Biological Sciences, Journalism, English, and Psychology. My wife was a RN for 44 years. Every member of my family is involved in the medical field. My son was a field medic in Afghanistan and won several medals for 'bravery above and beyond.' Our dinners together are a hoot as we talk about the things we have seen and most regular people would not enjoy lunch with us. I am blessed in that I do not have prostatitis but I have seen many of the sufferers of this disease come into the ER. I do not envy them at all.

All things given, I consider myself a compassionate person that understands the occasional pain and frustration driven rant. I may edit out the bad words, but I normally will let a few things go. The longer you are here and demonstrate your compliance, the more likely I am to allow the occasional something I wouldn't allow a 'newbie' to post. We have some very wise posters here. Hang around and you'll see who they are. Back in about 1973, Helen Reddy had a song that had a line that read, "Yes I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain."

I wish you all the best outcome.
"The Admin" LOL

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 am

I have tried to post but my post didn't show up on the forum.

Hope it complied with the posting rules.

thanks

overitalready

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Thank you for the reply, admin. I guess it would be better if you had some experience of this disease, but you say you have not had it. Do you have some experience as a caregiver? That would qualify you as a moderator as well.

ADMIN NOTE: I was a RN for 17 years. My role here is to screen posts and not give advice, so I am qualified for the job I was asked to do.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:33 pm

So admin that's an odd life history, from nursing to webmastering and forum management. You sound like a retired guy, with grown up children and all. Is this a hobby? Just curious how you came to be doing this....

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:21 am

Hey admin! I thought I was having problems since it took a while for you to approve my posts, so I emailed you at the address above and it bounced. Just thought you'd want to know. Thanks so much for providing this resource for us all.

ADMIN NOTE: It is usually bet to use the PM system to reach me. That said, I usually sweep through the site about once every 45 to 90 minutes during the day (NYC time) and if and if I wake up during the night. I have a couple of big dogs who can't seem to hold their water, so that happens far too frequently for me. There are the occasional times that I am on the road and it may go up to three hours between check ins, but I always get to them ASAP.
Thanks.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 am

Admin, can you discuss the other prostititis sites on the 'net please? There is one recommending prostate surgery ("prostatitis.ning.com"), one that blames everything on the pudendal nerve, one that supports physical therapy (mainly). You must know a lot about this subject by now, so what do you think of these sources?

ADMIN NOTE: By contract, I am not allowed to comment one way or another on other sites because doing so might cause problems for the owners of this board. What I do know and am proud to point out is that this site is about 99% spam free. The server has a huge virtual net over it and it screens out most bad people that are already known in the Internet world as bad peoples. After doing this for nine years here and about eighteen years with other forums, I get a sense about a bad person on just how they register.

Occasionally I will allow a post to become public because I know that there are a lot of very educated people on this board and they are quick to shoot the post down. We also are 'bad word' free. Yes, we are all adults, but as adults, we need to keep this place as "G rated" as possible. I get a lot of email compliments about how 'to the point' this board is and nice it is to read material without a lot of coarse language.

I know there are members here who are members elsewhere and that is their business. I take pride in this one because our members are good communicators. We occasionally get a tense back and forth, but until things get crazy, I fairly much allow it to go a couple times around before I send them a message. I hope you find your time here enjoyable!

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]