Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Try to pee every 2 hours 

Post Try to pee every 2 hours
This is something that I have picked up on which helps reduce the score by 1 or 2 on the pain scale.

Try to pee every 2 hours.

All of has have a frequent / constant urge to Urinate. When my Prostatitis symptons where acute I was going to the toilet every 20 minutes to pee but most of the time I hard nothing to release. I would strain in order to push out what I thought was some Urine that needed to come out. This straining would just make things worse. After a few months I was able to tell the difference of when there was a genuine need to pee or not so I started reducing the toilet visits. So I eventually I started going every 4-5 hours but this also did not help. Why? Well 2 reasons. 1) Pee was much warmer and this would hurt my Prostate 2) I was peeing between 500-1000 ml which was too much for my Prostate to handle in a single visit. I would be in alot of pain for 2-3 hours after doing this.

I find by going for a pee every 2 hours helps a little. It would usually mean you have something to actually pee and prevent you from straining and making your Prostate worse. And also by peeing every 2 hours , I found that my Urine is slightly cooler and I pee around 200-300 ml in a visit. My prostate can handle this smaller volume of Urine passing without making it too sore. Even if it does make it a little sore this extra pain would last for about 30 minutes compared to the couple of hours if I pee more than 300ml.

I drink lots of water 2-3 litres a day. This ensures I visit the toilet regularly and just as importantly I have something to pee.

Anyways , maybe I'm saying the obvious but try it and see if it helps.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]