Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Not totally buying it... 

Post Not totally buying it...
I started having symptoms about 6 weeks ago: burning at the tip of the penis being the main one, urge to go frequently,etc...

After a few weeks of putting it off, I finally went to the urologist and apparently got diagnosed with an inflamed prostate (culture sample came back negative for STDs and bacteria). Got a CT scan and nothing showed up, besides a tiny cyst on my right kidney, to which I was reassured as being almost "normal". I got prescribed Flomax, which is supposed to be "an alpha blocker" I guess...

Well, I've been on them for 3 weeks and it SEEMS to be working...most of the time. I'll go days with zero pain and then out of the blue, after one pee, it'll be the burn again for like 6-12 hours, then it'll go away for a few days. THIS IS THE ONLY SYMPTOM I'M GETTING. I just find it hard to believe that an inflamed prostate is causing these random flare-ups of JUST THIS ONE SYMPTON completely at random. I'm just not buying the diagnosis I guess. I feel they've missed something, and/or it's something else or misdiagnosed. I find it hard to believe that there are thousands of guys that are waking around with the tips of their penises burning at random as the ONLY SYMPTOM of an "inflamed prostate".

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 am

Post Re: Not totally buying it...
I've gotten that much more than any time in the past too...and that's in the past few years mainly that I'm referencing. Although lots of times the pain I get is in the urethra, and not the tip (or glans). I've thought often that it's due in part to backflow of urine. But I also think it's a result of weak muscles straining when I go pee. I'm not sure. I seem to get it more often than perineum pain. Whereas, before, I got the perineum pain more often. Perhaps it's a sign of the prostatitis cause(s) getting removed. Or I now have something other than prostatitis.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Post Re: Not totally buying it...
Pain in the tip is the only pain I've ever had...peeing, not peeing, holding pee, ejaculating. Can come and go in 5 min.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]