Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Yeast was found on my semen culture 

Post Yeast was found on my semen culture
So, my semen culture came back all negative for STD and bacteria, but they found yeast cells on the semen.

Been dealing with prostatitis for 1 month after a sexual encounter. Actually taking bactrim + doxycycline with no avail.

Does this mean I have a fungal prostatitis?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Post Re: Yeast was found on my semen culture
My first dna semen result had candida in it....did 1 month of anti fungal and was retested a few months back and was negative......but still have issues. So maybe the candida wasnt causing issues. You may have fungal issue but that may not be what is causing problem.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:53 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
My first dna semen result had candida in it....did 1 month of anti fungal and was retested a few months back and was negative......but still have issues. So maybe the candida wasnt causing issues. You may have fungal issue but that may not be what is causing problem.

Thanks for the answer. If my prostatitis it's not fungal, then I don't have any idea of what causes it. I just know that it started 2 days after a unprotected sexual intercourse with a clean partner. Unbelievable that i'm dealing with this in my 21's. Feeling really low, but I don't want to lose it. We will heal.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Im guessing by "clean" partner..you mean that they went and gave urine sample that was probably tested for gon, chlam, syph and maybe trich...maybe.
But they do not do a standard test for mycoplasma and ureaplasma. And if they ran a culture on it, its not reliable at all so its a useless result.
The only semi reliable testing for those is dna testing and its not cheap or as widely found.
Im just saying, they are only clean for this standard usual suspects.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:27 pm

I have done a urethral swab and the 5 day sperm culture, both including mycoplasma and ureaplasma in the bacteria searching "list". Came back absolutely negative. I don't know if they searched for trichomoniasis, but i'll ask my doctor tomorrow about it. Either way I been told that trichmoniasis haves some clear symptoms such as odor and discharge, both that I never had. I must say that the girl i'm dating is 18 years old so the chances of her having a super weird hiding bacteria is low, plus we had unprotected sex while having prostatitis and she doesn't have any symptoms.

I have to add that the day I had sex prior to the starting symptoms of the prostatitis, I couldn't ejaculate due to performance anxiety. And I was really anxious and stressed trough the whole process.

Today I did the candida spit test and my spit was at the bottom of the glass in like 10 minutes. There were also a bunch of strings coming down the spit. Clear signs of candida infection.

My two options are:

My prostatitis is fungal/yeast related. Somehow contracted a yeast infection that traveled into my prostate. Most likely the girl transmitted it to me or I got it from somewhere else. Maybe she is asymptomatic.

My prostatitis is not bacterial. Pushing to hard during to much time to force ejaculation that night with the girl, did damage somewhere, causing inflammation in the prostate.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Candida can be one of the culprit of your prostatitis especially in your case that your test came back positive for candida. I advised you to go for a strict candida diet and possibly anti fungal drugs. There are also anti-fungal supplements like candida stop and allimax but sometimes supplements are not enough to get rid of it, if that's the case then you need to take fluconazole. I took fluconazole for 2 months and I have been following a strict candida diet for 7 months now and I've been managing my symptoms well mostly at 90% symptom free most of the time.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]