Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 The wife 

Post The wife
Hey guys, after reading through all these forums and seeing everyone having all the same symptoms, taking all the same drugs with little to no results and not testing positive for anything.I have a simple question. Did you ever pass anything on to a significant other after unprotected sex? Like did anyone's wife or girlfriend ever test positive after all this craziness? Or have any crazy symptoms? the reason I ask is because they don't have prostates so wouldn't they test positive much easier I.E no hiding stds. Thank Mac

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Post Re: The wife
My urologist said you can't pass anything to your wife with a prostate infection. He told me to have as much sex as I can. I don't know if there are differing opinions on that, but he was adamant about it.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

My uro said the same. Was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this issue?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 am

Then their are others who say they caught an infection from a female so take your pick.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 am

Yeah I get that, but have you passed anything on

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 am

If you don't have a classic STD as the cause of your prostatitis then unless you're a very unique case, no you won't pass anything on to your wife. All the experts I've seen (and there are a lot of them) agree with this. I have no idea why, but it has been true in my case as well. Years of unprotected sex and my wife has never had any issues, and I have never had any symptoms of ping ponging an infection back and forth like when I first developed symptoms from the encounter with the OW.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 am

Awesome, that is the kind of info I'm looking for. I have spoke to a few members and have read all the forums that I can stand. So far I have found 5 men that got their prostasis from a random encounter that have tested negative for everything and have never passed anything to anyone with unprotected sex. One instance said he believed he and his wife were ping ponging something back and forth as he got symptoms instantly after having unprotected sex from his wife. She has no symptoms and has taken every test there is and she has no issues. The only instance of this craziness infecting the significant other was a diagnosis from one of the over seas doctors that believes in cryptic chylmidia. Both he and is wife only tested positive for the disease over seas and his wife had zero symptoms. On two occasions members spoke about giving their significant others yeast infection quite frequently after they contracted the black beast. Both stated their SO never had yeast infections before .

As for the most part what ever this is, seems to be carried by women with no symptoms. Passed on to men through oral or vaginal sex.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 pm

What is cryptic chlamydia?....i dont understand how people test negative here multiple times and then go to a doctor who believes in cryptic chlamydia and all of a sudden they test positive?
Are testing procedures that much better in china, greece or italy?
Are the 3 NAAT tests and numerous cultures and private lab dna semen,urine tests i did here in canada not as reliable?
My first uro said it wasnt contagious...current one said it may be. Wife has never tested positive.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm just trying to put all the info out. I know I'm not the only one that worries about this. Just trying to compile some data that might ease the minds of guys going through this.

I agree on over seas testing seems kinda flimsy. They are the same ones that are advocates of the injections.
Not trying to ruffle feathers. Just saying. Thank you for the info. That's another one for negative tests and symptoms.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Bigmac...im.not upset you posted question...on the contrary. Great info to compile and share. I just sont understand how some doctors have theories that are not supported by anything and they seem to get test results that support their theory when numeous previous tests came of negative.
Please dont feel that i was upset with you.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:11 pm

I should point out we had sex for 2 months and then i started using condoms. She was tested and negative but did 12 days of doxy
We have not had unprotected sex since and i will not until im sure.
I have had a dna semen and urine neg...and 3 urine test and cultures neg since then.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:16 pm

I have read on moltiple post now, a few of the doctors over seas do several prostate massages, catch the fluid expressed and culture the fluid for 7 days. Not sure if it's liegit or not but everyone of the doctors that has done this support direct injections. If I have time later I will post the links. They always seem to come back positive for clymidia. They call it cryptic because it is suppose to be hiding in the prostate. I don't really believe it because I had std test way before my prostate ever hurt. Everything was neg.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm

I have had prostate massage, then gave urine sample directly after. I would think something would have been detected. Only difference was trace amounts of w.b.c.
It just seems like everybody who goes to doctor who prefers direct injection always gets chlamydia results. Makes me wonder....

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 pm

I agree with your assessment of the situation.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 am

BigMac, this is/has been a big question for me since I started to read about prostatitis. Is it contagious?
At the same time reading from some other "experts" that seriously says that all prostatitis come from chlamydia!? No wonder if we get confused and anxious!?

I read on another forum that one well known dr in NY even said to one guy that he had probably gotten chlamydia from his parents at one point!?(which was totally nonsense. The guy had never tested positive for chlamydia)
And, yes, they all seem to be dr's who do the injections. (and some men get better after injections, so who knows?)
Also, I asked my uro about injections and he said they did it some 40 years ago, but it did not prove successful and he says it's only crazy men who do this (his words). So, I don't know.

I read about one guy who went and got 1 month worth of rough massage i Greece twice a day and then got tested. The doctor claimed he had chlamydia when he got tested (it was the anti-gen test that showed chlamydia). It didn't seem to help him anyway to get rid of the prostatitis, so I seriously doubt the test-result.
It was the same for prostate454 (wasn't it) that got chlamydia positive from the anti-gen test. Either we all have strange chlamydia that transforms in the prostate that don't show up on all the PCR tests we done or the tests that show this chlamydia is fake news!? or is it something wrong with the urine PCR tests we took? I doubt that, because they seem to work very well on all other people.

And as for chlamydia, I know a friend of mine that probably had chlamydia for a year before it was discovered (his GF got problem, stomach ache UVI's etc) AND IT WAS CURED BY A SIMPLE ANTIBIOTIC SESSION (and NOT 6 WEEKS- 6 MONTH of abx) Maybe my friend was just lucky, or is it so that, if you find the bacteria and you use the right abx, IT WILL BE KILLED!? Or are we just unlucky bastards, that get this stealth bacteria that hides in the prostate and won't be killed by any known abx??? There is a chance, but it seems far fetched, doesn't it? Bacteria that doesn't multiply and the body has stopped trying to kill and thus there is no wbc in semen or EPS? :-)
I've had chlamydia some 20 yrs ago, and that was killed after a week of abx.

As, I have written before, I have unprotected sex with my wife. She says she don't have any problem (she refuse to get tested, however has done a culture on the urine that came back negative. That would have at least shown WBC or something?)

My uro says that I won't pass anything on to my wife that is not STD. Somehow Women have a god protection in their vagina. It's like trichomonas usually don't live long in men either (although some say it can cause prostatitis)

Again, And I have never had any positive culture (done urine culture 2 days, I know it's short!) and STD swab culture (chlam, gon, myco, urea, trich) also after prostate massage, and also urine PCR after massage. None, silch, nada shows up so far. multiple times, 3 different labs, so if I get a positive test result now, I'd be really scared and concerned about the liability of these tests. Now, I told myself, no more tests on STDs.

I do have calcification and scars in my prostate says my uro, but my uro says I have prostadynia because lack of WBCs. (he says if a sailor would check his prostate it would probably be a lot of scars and calcifications)
As for bacteria hiding in the prostate, I'd expect bacteria to be pretty quick in multiplying. Why would they go in to a couple of chambers in the prostate, get calcified by wbc and then stop multiply and then also disappear from the urethra? I sure have bacteria in the urethra (we all do), but without fighting WBCs...hmm

Another thing, about bacteria. I've been wondering about unspecified uretritis. Like many of us, my meatus is more read, especially after masturbation. So I thought maybe it was because some unknown bacteria. BUT, I've done 3 checks of my urethra for WBCs and there has been under 5 every time. I asked the STD doctor and he says that a unspecified uretritis shows up with a higher number of WBCs. When they checked my WBC they took a sample a bit up in my urethra. So, if my red meatus was a bacterial infection I would have expected a high number of WBC to fight it off, wouldn't I? So, the red meatus, without any WBC is happening somewhere else. Probably nerves that are somehow irritated?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 am

Good stuff, anyone else have anything to add on the topic. This has been very useful so far.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Question to anybody who has any biology background. If i had say, chlamydia in my prostate, would it just stay in the prostate without spreading? I know antibiotics dont penetrate into the prostate very well, but is it hard for bacteria to get out? I would think when you ejaculate that some would come out? And therefor a semen culture would show it. Is there something that could cause this? A blockage or something?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Anyone else with any Info on this being contagious?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]