Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Prostate Inflammation - From edging? Possibly Bacterial 

Post Prostate Inflammation - From edging? Possibly Bacterial
Hi,

I’m a 22-year-old male, otherwise very healthy and active. I have been suffering from what I believe to be as low grade inflammation of my prostate gland.
Before I go into any more detail I feel its important to highlight the following;

About a year ago I began to experience sharp testicular pains and had a swollen epididymis which I was eventually prescribed anti biotics for. There appeared to be a couple of cysts, which no longer cause me any discomfort. The sharp pains still remained for another couple of months in total and the swollen epididymis subsided.

I began researching to try and find out what was causing my testicle pains and I concluded I had indulged in far too much masturbation and sex, but mainly masturbation in my adolescent years.

Looking back, I can say that for a period of 5 or 6 years I master bated at least 3 times a day, sometimes 4 or 5, and the most ever was 11 times.
I would masturbate before going to bed and as soon as I woke up at least once, regularly twice, totalling 4 times a day on average.

When the testicle pains started and I began to research, I realized my erections where no were near as hard as they used to be, my ejaculations were unsatisfactory and there were even times I failed to ejaculate upon orgasm…

I decided I needed to have a massive break from masturbation or sex, which I found very difficult.

I came across a technique called ‘edging’, where you masturbate up until a certain point and stop. (I believed it was good at giving you a stronger erection as mine was weaker than it had been in the past.

Not long after I had began practicing this technique and I encountered a problem. I edged up until I was about to ejaculated but I think I went way to hard at it, and I stopped myself from following through. Afterwards I had this hot heavy aching sensation where I learned my prostate was.

The pain seemed to intensify over the next 4 weeks, and there was no ejaculation within this time period – I was scared I was going to make it worse.
I had the doctor check my prostate - he seemed to think it was normal and would settle down. (I did not mention the edging to the Doc as I felt embarrassed.

After coming back from the doctor, I had an instinct that If I ejaculated the pain might go away, so I did...
I was horrified to see that a massive amount of deep brown coloured liquid came out.

Initially, I felt the pressure / ache was relieved – but only temporarily.

Ever since the day that I edged and this began its only got worse.
I have come to realise many factors that influence the inflammation such as stress, lack of sleep, ejaculation, and weirdly starchy carbohydrates.

My theory is that when I edged, I ruptured a blood vessel of some sort, hence the build up in pressure and bloody ejaculation (the brown liquid I believe signifies old blood)
This has been going on for about 4 months and Ive learned a massive amount about reducing inflammation with the correct diet and lifestyle.

I’m currently eating loads of omega 3’s and clean veg’s.

I have also had a urine test for bacterial prostatitis which showed negative.

Ejaculation and eating Starchy carbs such as potato’s and rice seem to have a profound effect on the inflammation I’m experiencing.

If I go a week without any ejaculation or starchy carbs my pain is almost non existent – but I can’t live like this forever.

I have also realised I hold my pelvic floor muscles tight when I’m stressed and have been getting better and letting these go, and changing the way I adapt to stress with daily meditation.

I have been doing a lot of strengthen on my glutes, legs and core to make sure my body is solid and my pelvic floor muscles don’t take over for any weaknesses.

I suppose my main questions are these:

Could the starchy carbs have an effect on any bacteria or inflammation in my prostate?

If so, what’s the best course of treatment – I want to avoid anti biotics at all possible costs as I have slight IBS. Gluten sensitive etc.

Should I take a lengthy break to let my prostate recover? I thought of a 3 -6 month abstinence period?

If anyone has any advice or has experienced anything similar to myself, please help – This is affecting my happiness and levels of productivity in work and at home.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Josh

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Post Re: Prostate Inflammation - From edging? Possibly Bacterial
I would think the starchy foods would point to a fungal infection more than bacterial. There are some guys on here who have more knowledge than me about that.
I dont know what else to tell you....going 4 months without ejaculating might not be the best either? Maybe once a week?
Sorry i cant provide more info.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Sugars and sweets, starchy foods, carbohydrates needs to be avoided. These foods feed bacteria that causes prostatitis, candida, and even cancer cells (for those with prostate cancer and other types of cancer). These are also pro-inflammatory.
You need to change your diet, lifestyle and focus on prostate specific supplements.
Excessive masturbation can cause spasm and can be damaging to the prostate especially in your case 3-4x a day. Holy cow! I used to masturbate 6x a week now I reduce it to 3x a week. Avoiding masturbation for a long period of time is not good either.
Message me privately if you want to connect thru whattsapp or facebook messenger. It's quite lengthy to discuss here.
Don't hesitate to reach out.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 pm

It is well known that edging is not good for prostatitis sufferers. It can overexcite the nerves down there and cause a lingering flare that goes on for days. The muscular contractions that happen during edging can also inflame the prostate further.

As to whether edging caused it in the first place I can't say. Normally I would say no way, but 11 times a day!? That's like a whole new plane of existence, not even in my lexicon. Even 3-4 times a day for a sustained length of time is mind boggling to me. So yes I'd say you need to dial it way back.

Masturbation in general seems to be worse than real sex. It must have something to do with the force of the orgasm. If I've really worked at having a relaxed orgasm during masturbation then I can sometimes do it two days consecutively, but normally only once a week is all I can manage. For me though regular sex multiple days in a row doesn't have any material impact on symptoms.

I abstained from any orgasm for roughly a month in early 2016 and it made no difference to my symptoms in the long run. For as long as I abstain then things are pretty good...but as soon as I were to masturbate then it comes back full stop for two days before dying back down. I mostly just rely on sex-only these days just because of that fact. I have noticed that over the past year or so my symptoms have improved on their own to some extent.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 pm

I have zero desire to have sex anymore. I just got my testosterone level checked last Thursday and am awaiting the results. Very curious to see if it's low. I think I have a mixture of SIBO, prostatitis (potentially caused by the SIBO and gut dysbiosis) and mild depression/anxiety that has led to the non-existent sex drive.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Sadly I think my sex drive is about as high as ever before in my life and I'm 37yo. So it sucks not to be able to satisfy that on a regular basis. One gets used to it over time though...

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
I would think the starchy foods would point to a fungal infection more than bacterial. There are some guys on here who have more knowledge than me about that.
I dont know what else to tell you....going 4 months without ejaculating might not be the best either? Maybe once a week?
Sorry i cant provide more info.

Even once a week ATM seems to cause issues.

Regarding my theory in my original post, where I said I think I had burst a blood vessel from edging to hard - wouldn't committing to a period of abstience make sense? to let the prostate heal... it does seem plausible when you take into account I had a massive ejaculation with old blood 4 weeks later.

Thoughts anyone?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm

prostate454 wrote:
It is well known that edging is not good for prostatitis sufferers. It can overexcite the nerves down there and cause a lingering flare that goes on for days. The muscular contractions that happen during edging can also inflame the prostate further.

As to whether edging caused it in the first place I can't say. Normally I would say no way, but 11 times a day!? That's like a whole new plane of existence, not even in my lexicon. Even 3-4 times a day for a sustained length of time is mind boggling to me. So yes I'd say you need to dial it way back.

Masturbation in general seems to be worse than real sex. It must have something to do with the force of the orgasm. If I've really worked at having a relaxed orgasm during masturbation then I can sometimes do it two days consecutively, but normally only once a week is all I can manage. For me though regular sex multiple days in a row doesn't have any material impact on symptoms.

I abstained from any orgasm for roughly a month in early 2016 and it made no difference to my symptoms in the long run. For as long as I abstain then things are pretty good...but as soon as I were to masturbate then it comes back full stop for two days before dying back down. I mostly just rely on sex-only these days just because of that fact. I have noticed that over the past year or so my symptoms have improved on their own to some extent.

What you mention about the comparison between sex and masterbation is interesting. Maybe I need to find a lady friend, which ive actually been holding of from doing until I could get this fixed.

Also, when I masterbated 11 times a day I was about 16, so over 6 years ago. My sex drive was so high back then and feels almost non existent now. Lifting some weights in the gym and a good diet and my morning erections are coming back slowly.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I def wouldn't put my life on hold waiting for prostatitis to go away...you could be waiting for weeks, months, or even years. Don't let it define you. Lady sex for me is basically painless, it's only masturbation...so maybe you'll experience the same. It sucks not being able to masturbate at will...well I still can but I just need to accept that I'll pay a price for a day or two afterwards. It's not all that bad though. Internal massage helps me rebound pretty quick. I suspect your sex drive will be fine once you stop worrying so much about it.and get on with life. Especially if you find an eager lady....

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:26 pm

prostate454 wrote:
I def wouldn't put my life on hold waiting for prostatitis to go away...you could be waiting for weeks, months, or even years. Don't let it define you. Lady sex for me is basically painless, it's only masturbation...so maybe you'll experience the same. It sucks not being able to masturbate at will...well I still can but I just need to accept that I'll pay a price for a day or two afterwards. It's not all that bad though. Internal massage helps me rebound pretty quick. I suspect your sex drive will be fine once you stop worrying so much about it.and get on with life. Especially if you find an eager lady....

My problem is that I have zero desire to even have sex. Not to mention the erectile problems that go along with this. I don't wake up with morning wood when I'm having a flare up. Only thing that seems to make this better is prostate massage which my fiancé won't do (don't blame her) so I have to wait weeks to get into the uro's office. I live my life fine otherwise but the sexual aspect is tough.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

CLCardinal84 wrote:
prostate454 wrote:

My problem is that I have zero desire to even have sex. Not to mention the erectile problems that go along with this. I don't wake up with morning wood when I'm having a flare up. Only thing that seems to make this better is prostate massage which my fiancé won't do (don't blame her) so I have to wait weeks to get into the uro's office. I live my life fine otherwise but the sexual aspect is tough.

You can do prostate massage yourself...I do it almost every night. Really quite easy and quick, though probably not quite as effective as a uro.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 pm

prostate454 wrote:
CLCardinal84 wrote:
prostate454 wrote:

You can do prostate massage yourself...I do it almost every night. Really quite easy and quick, though probably not quite as effective as a uro.

I've read about them. Do you use a massager or your fingers? I don't have long arms so I don't think
I could do it.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:03 pm

CLCardinal84 wrote:

I've read about them. Do you use a massager or your fingers? I don't have long arms so I don't think
I could do it.

I just use gloved finger while in the shower. I don't have particularly long arms and my fingers aren't very long either yet I can reach it just fine. I came up with my own sort of seated position after a lot of trial and error that is quite effective and allows me to reach the whole pelvic floor and prostate.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]