Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How is this affecting your job? 

Post How is this affecting your job?
I'm very early days, I have a desk job and don't really have to move too much throughout the day.

But I am finding it really hard to concentrate on anything.

I was wondering how other people cope with their jobs?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:58 am

Post Re: How is this affecting your job?
I have a dek job too and have trouble concetrating throughout the day.
The discomfort is there the whole day so i can't stop thinking about it.
I know how i got this condition and it's my own fault i'm constantly thinking about that too.
I had have some majer flare ups past year when i was unable to work.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 am

I had thought about getting a standing desk. I'm also sitting most of the day. I used a prostate cushion for a while, but I don't have to anymore. It may take a while, but it'll get better.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

It affected my job tremendously. I can't focus on anything anymore and I've lost my patience which is very important in my occupational field. I quit my job and put my study on hold a few months ago, even though my pain is bearable regarding prostatitis, but I got other health problems on top of it (never take flourchinolones for a long period of time). At the moment I can't picture me working again and it's ruining my life. If I stay too long out of business, I can pour my whole academic career down the toilet, which would fit perfectly right beside my ruined personal life.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Speaking of negative effect on the job, I'm probably one of those who lost a lot of opportunities at the height of my flare up. When I was diagnosed back in May 2016, I had the worse symptoms, too many to list down here. As a result, I resigned from my corporate job in the Financial Industry. My friend and I were starting a Real Estate Development business during that time and due to my condition I was not able to take part in an 11 Million dollar townhome project. I also lost a lot of Real Estate clients. I was in bed most of the time for 6 months. I lost million of dollars of opportunities. Thank GOD, I'm feeling fine now. I have been successfully managing my symptoms for the past 11 months between 90-95% symptom free most of the time. This is due to a combination of a lot of factors from diet modification, exercise, strong faith, positive attitude, herbal supplements to lifestyle changes etc. Now I'm starting to get back to my normal life, starting a new corporate job soon and a multi-million dollar real estate project on the way. My perception with life had changed now. Before this thing happened I was so obsessed with success and money. This time it's entirely different. I wanna focus my time now on helping my fellow CP\CPPS sufferers in my small tiny little way and in the best way I can. I'm just praying for now that my business will prosper so I can have enough funds to financially support this foundation or probably I can create and build my own foundation someday. This is now part of my advocacy. I believe that there's a silver lining at the end of the tunnel and that something positive will come up out of this sad experience.
Anyone of you who wants to talk for emotional support please don't hesitate to reach out. I will try to accommodate you despite of my busy schedule.
****** THE DARKEST HOUR IS BEFORE THE DAWN******

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:11 am

Thanks Yakuh, awesome post!

I've also sat out a semester or two from college as my symptoms were unbearable, I finally went back though. I find it easier to take classes online now. I'm taking the last mathematics course I need to complete my degree.

To everyone else, don't give up! It will get better, just have to modify your lifestyle, top to bottom overhaul. Do what you know is healthy like Yakuh said. 8 hours sleep per night, diet modification, exercise, probiotics, herbal anti-inflammatory supplements, alpha blockers (if needed). The combination effect will make you feel a lot better.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 am

Inflamed wrote:
Thanks Yakuh, awesome post!

I've also sat out a semester or two from college as my symptoms were unbearable, I finally went back though. I find it easier to take classes online now. I'm taking the last mathematics course I need to complete my degree.

To everyone else, don't give up! It will get better, just have to modify your lifestyle, top to bottom overhaul. Do what you know is healthy like Yakuh said. 8 hours sleep per night, diet modification, exercise, probiotics, herbal anti-inflammatory supplements, alpha blockers (if needed). The combination effect will make you feel a lot better.

Thanks Inflamed. Thanks also for sharing some tips about some supplements. I appreciate your strength in overcoming this condition :-)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]