Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ejaculation during Prostatitis Bout? 

Post Ejaculation during Prostatitis Bout?
I realize every situation is different, and everyone's physiology is different, and different things work for different people. (Geeze, that's a lot of uses of "different" in one sentence!) But I am trying to figure out what works for me, and could use some advise.

I am suffering my 2nd bout of Prostatitis in a year and a half. I was hoping it went away for good, but I guess not. Grrrr. For me, antibiotics seem to help. Currently, I came down with this bout X-mas day, and started Septra DS on the 27th, so I have been on it for 2.5 days. Fever and chills gone, aches and pains greatly diminished, urgency to pee not as bad, but I am far from feeling normal. Very far.

My gut tells me I should be ejaculating, to clear things out. But I just masturbated, and everything feels odd. I did keep an erection, but there was some numbness and odd feelings before release, and during release I am convinced only half the normal amount came out, and a good bit got trapped inside. (Also it dribbled, whereas 90% of the time it shoots.) My gut tells me this is not good for me, leaving some inside, and doing the opposite of clearing things out. Bottom line, I am not sure if it is good or bad to be ejaculating in my current impaired state?

What do you think, based on what I described? Should I hold off for awhile? Or is there still benefit in (partially) clearing the pipes?

Thanks!
PS: If you care to read my detailed story from two summers ago (and now updated), see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1665

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Post Re: Ejaculation during Prostatitis Bout?
I think in general it is good to ejaculate to release trapped fluid whether you're on antibiotics or not. This is also a good question to ask the urologist. In my opinion, even if your prostate isn't releasing all of the fluid during ejaculation, at least it's releasing some but I wouldn't overdo it as frequent ejaculation isn't good either. Moderation is key and I think 2-3 times a week is good, but I'd double check with the urologist. Water intake is also important because that can help flush out your system quicker. And since you're taking cipro and responding to it, you can try adding a garlic supplement that contains stabilized allicin like Allicinmax or Allimax. Allicin in garlic has antimicrobial effects and biofilm disrupting effects. It can work synergistically with certain antibiotics like cipro. They actually done a study on rats where they measure the effects of taking cipro alone vs the effects of taking cipro combined with garlic for the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis. You can find the study here http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... d/19375896

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 pm

ejaculating 2 x a week would beneficial considering your condition right now. Anything more than that would not help instead it will create a spasm that can worsen your symptoms like pelvic pain.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 am

yakuh11 wrote:
ejaculating 2 x a week would beneficial considering your condition right now. Anything more than that would not help instead it will create a spasm that can worsen your symptoms like pelvic pain.

he's right ;)

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:22 am

I am feeling pretty well normal, after 2 weeks, but opting to stay on antibiotics for another 2 weeks to make sure I am really in the clear.

Ejaculations happen with no discomfort now, and everything seems normal except for one thing: my ejaculate is very clear and very watery. Although the amount is similar to how it used to be, the fluid is clear like precum. And it is so watery, there is a lot more precum than normal. When I ejaculate, it is clear and runny, with little or possibly no white in it. It used to be white and much thicker, with little precum.

Anyway, I am not going to worry about this. Perhaps it is an effect of the antibiotic, or my ailing prostate? Just thought I would file it under this topic on ejaculation.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]