Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Has anyone tried AllicinMax or Bromelain 

Post Has anyone tried AllicinMax or Bromelain
I came across this thread on another forum which is 5 to 6 years old and a 100 pages, I am upto about the 80th page. Alot of the posters mention AllicinMax or Bromelain to be taken ?

I just wondered if anyone has experience of these supplements.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... hp?t=21005

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 am

Post Re: Has anyone tried AllicinMax or Bromelain
Yeah, I tried Allimax. Didn't really help with prostatitis, but it sure saved me from the flu when my wife had it for a month. It was pretty cool, had my bloodwork checked when I was taking it, and my white cell count ended up being waaay up. After I stopped taking it, everything went back to normal. If you have a sensitive stomach, go lightly on it, I got mild gastric upset from it.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 pm

I take quercitin with bromelain daily, Have done so for months as I heard so many good things about it for prostatitis. Can't say that I notice any difference on it though. It's cheap on Amazon so I'll continue it, if not just for any possible placebo effect it might have.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:41 pm

CerveloUK wrote:
I came across this thread on another forum which is 5 to 6 years old and a 100 pages, I am upto about the 80th page. Alot of the posters mention AllicinMax or Bromelain to be taken ?

I just wondered if anyone has experience of these supplements.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... hp?t=21005

I used both and I personally recommend it.
I used Bromelain at the height of my flare up which was 10 months ago and I believe it helped me with pain and inflammation. It is a strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic supplement.
I am currently taking Allimax which is more stronger than AllicinMax. This was recommended by my urologists after 2 months of anti-fungal drugs. My Uro believed that one of the culprit of my prostatitis is Candida. I responded to anti fungal drugs and after I finished the two months course I continue to control my Candida by taking Allimax 180 mg 2 capsules 2 times a day after meals. That's a total of 4 capsules a day. It is a very potent anti-fungal, and anti bacterial supplement. Try it for a month and see how it goes. If you have a lot of symptoms right now, I suggests you start your dosage to 4 capsules a day then after 3 days increase it to 9 per day (3 capsules 3 x a day with meals). Another supplement I suggests is flower pollen (Either Graminex or prostaphil-2). These are prostate specific supplement for prostatitis. These supplements helped control my symptoms without any flare up for the past 10 months mostly between 90%-95% symptom free.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:25 am

Probably worth a go.

Echinacea apparently is good for infections too. I use cucumin, boswellia, and ashwagandha for inflammation.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:42 am

chris85 wrote:
Probably worth a go.

Echinacea apparently is good for infections too. I use cucumin, boswellia, and ashwagandha for inflammation.

Hi Chris! I'm thinking of trying Echinacea and Ashwagandha. Right now Reishi and the supplement from host defense called my community which is a blend of 17 different mushrooms are doing well for me.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 am

Hi, that sounds like a lot of mushrooms, well I think these medicinal mushrooms may help a lot of different stuff. Research is in the early stages though. I am experimenting with a new formula at the moment, will report back if I see anything miraculous, trying to fight this thing with anything at least half reasonable sounding I can get my hands on.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:58 am

Bromelain is meant to increase effectiveness of antibiotics but have to be careful with dosing.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 am

CerveloUK wrote:
Bromelain is meant to increase effectiveness of antibiotics but have to be careful with dosing.

That's one of the many benefits of Bromelain. It is a proteolytic enzyme which aids in degistion. It also has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]